PvE 4-star Essentials Tracking/Theory

Comments

• Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Riri's progression cover is... blue?! Now I officially know that I don't know anything. :|
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    We had a really good thing going until all of this Sinister 6 madness! I'm willing to think that alliance events are strange outliers as far as keeping things on the pattern everything else before it has established. If we lose the ability to predict progression covers, that's a bit of a shame but there's still some merit to the rest of the trends that lead to forecasts. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I don't think two boss events in three weeks helped much. 

It could be that they're featuring Riri' s blue because it got (in my opinion) the most significant rework. I think I'm safe saying the general consensus was that it was an extremely niche power before that most people put at 3 covers and rarely ever used. Now it at least has some utility, no matter what the situation is. 
  • DesertTortoise
    Should be interesting to see how the re-addition of vintage heroes to tokens plays out for this. Now that vintage heroes are much easier to attain while latest 12 are actually harder, I think I'd prefer if this system stayed in place. Getting those Vulture/Mockingbird covers through PvE essentials will be more desirable now rather than the old way where the Token 12 were pretty much a foregone conclusion of getting covered. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    could you post what the future should look like in terms of what the rotation should be?
  • Königsmacher
    If they keep the established rotation pattern of the latest twelve, the next progression covers could look like this:

Winter Soldier - blue
    Gamora - red
    Coulson - purple (?)
    New character (Yondu?)

Now, after the new guy we should reach Sandman in the T12A list, but I don't think he will be a progression reward so soon. So it's more likely that the list starts back at Agent Venom.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    great. and what color would AV be if they skip Sandman?
  • DarthDeVo
    If they keep the established rotation pattern of the latest twelve, the next progression covers could look like this:

Winter Soldier - blue
    Gamora - red
    Coulson - purple (?)
    New character (Yondu?)

Now, after the new guy we should reach Sandman in the T12A list, but I don't think he will be a progression reward so soon. So it's more likely that the list starts back at Agent Venom.
    Won't it be Winter Soldier purple in the progression next? And whatever event comes after Unstable ISO 8 will be a release event, so the new character will come after WS, right? 
  • Königsmacher
    I'm sorry, you're right in both regards. It's WS purple and the release event follows unstable ISO.

So it could look like this:

Winter Soldier - purple
    New character (Yondu?)
    Gamora - red
    Coulson - purple (?)
    Agent Venom - red
    Iron Fist - green (?)
    ? = the colour progression in the T12B list is a bit wonky, but I think it should be the second colour now.

Disclaimer: It's all speculation based on DesertTortoise excellent observations, so results may vary.
  • DesertTortoise
    edited August 2017
    Yeah, that's what I come up with, too.

Next two events are very likely:
    • Bucky purple
    • Release 2nd cover

After that, the T12 (which I may rename L12A and L12B for "Latest 12" rather than "Token 12") options are:
    • Coulson purple (as noted, we appear to be on the 2nd covers but they've been strange lately)
    • Gamora red

After Gamora it gets tricky, it could either be Sandman green or it could reset to the beginning of the rotation, which would be Agent Venom and I'm not fully sure that'd still be the 1st cover. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    this is my personal bias speaking but I hope it's not AV red
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Nevermind, read the previous post wrong. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Ugh. Of course it would be Coulson purple. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs probably read this thread and then alter their plans just to mess with you.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    jamesh said:
    The devs probably read this thread and then alter their plans just to mess with you.
    Thus answering the question as to who "Enjoyed getting trolled"
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I need any colour but red for Gamora, so I hope that prediction's wrong. I just had to roster the two red covers withering in my queue.
  • DarthDeVo
    granne said:
    I need any colour but red for Gamora, so I hope that prediction's wrong. I just had to roster the two red covers withering in my queue.
    Gotta love RNG. I have precisely one red cover for her, which I got from hitting 2000 in the SHIELD Simulator. I've already had to sell two of her black covers. Had to sell two purple Coulson covers as well, which is why I'm less than thrilled that will likely be the progression cover. 
  • DesertTortoise
    granne said:
    I've been wrong before, but there's a lot of evidence that Gamora's red will be coming next. The second time a character is an essential (the first time being the event after their release event) it's always been their first cover that's provided as a progression reward. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    aye that's generally been correct and it's a good idea to make sure that if players were to get one cover from making top 100 in the release event and then the next color in the first time featured PVE then when the character is featured next time you get the one cover you probably missed out on bar token draws. I really need that red Gamora because I haven't gotten any covers from her from tokens personally
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Oh, I know. I just wish it were otherwise...