Mindless Ones Passive generates AP

Options
MoosePrime
MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
The mindless ones generate AP in the color of their passive.  In today's Big Enchelada, the match starts with a Brute, who has a yellow passive creating a protect tile at the start of the match.  After one turn, with no tile movers on the team (and thus no matches made by the AI), the team has 1 yellow AP.

Since the power is a passive, it should not be generating AP in that color.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is not the only case of non-tile-moving characters generating AP in colors they have as passive skills.  I'm not certain, but I think this is intended behavior.
  • MoosePrime
    Options
    Which other ones still do?

The snipers used to generate green, but they changed it so that they don't.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do Brotherhood mutants with "Detonate" no longer generate black?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't believe so.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is still happening, or is this a feature? Don't think the AP should be generated. In the revamped Honor Among Thieves, sub 3, 4* essential you get to fight Nova who's already getting free red AP, but because of this behaviour also gets free black AP, which results in potentially a lot of free damage done. Well... guaranteed use of his black ability if you don't down or stun him after 8 turns in the best scenario.

@Brigby Could you maybe inform if this is being looked at? Or am I the only one having problems with this bug (until informed otherwise, I'm calling this a bug). Thanks in advance!

• Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's the wonders of AP generating goons.  The community has long complained about feeder nodes, where goons are feeding ap to a hero/villain, in addition to the hero/villain making matches to add more ap.  They attempted to band aid the situation before in venom bomb, by completely removing the hero/villain's powers, or severely nerfing those said powers being fed by ap goons.  This is intended behavior, and we all wish it wasn't so.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi @StevO-J It does seem peculiar that Mindless Ones generate AP off of passive abilities. I've relayed this to the developers, and they'll be sure to investigate. Thanks!
  • MoosePrime
    Options
    The new Amalgamated Shadow minions in the Gorr boss event generate AP for their black passive abilities.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Amalgamated Shadow
    Generates 1 Black and 1 Purple AP per turn.

It's by design.

KGB

• MoosePrime
    Options
    It's bad design, and it was fixed in the past, so I'm hoping this will get changed as well.