Hour of Devastation Card Gallery *Updated (8/18/17)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited August 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
*UPDATE 7/24/17 - The Masterpiece Card Gallery is now live - https://d3go.com/mtgpq-card-list-masterpiece/
*UPDATE 8/16/17 - All Hour of Devastation cards are now available for viewing. Note that not all cards are available in game yet, and there is a list below that highlights them.
*Update 8/18/17 - New Hour of Devastation cards are available in-game!

Hi Everyone - 

The card gallery is now available for the upcoming Hour of Devastation card set that goes live next week.  This is the first batch of cards that will be available as we will be releasing additional cards in the coming weeks.

View the cards HERE!

We will be adding the upcoming Masterpiece cards in a couple of days.

Enjoy!

Update: New cards are available in-game! Please see the list below for which ones you can obtain:
  • Hour of Eternity - M
  • Hour of Glory - M
  • Hour of Revelation - M
  • The Scorpion God - M
  • Bontu's Last Reckoning - R
  • Hazoret's Undying Fury - R
  • Kefnet's Last Word - R
  • Oketra's Last Mercy - R
  • Rhonas's Last Stand - R
  • Abrade - U
  • Ambuscade - U
  • Banewhip Punisher - U
  • Bitterbow Sharpshooters - U
  • God-Pharaoh's Faithful - U
  • Granitic Titan - U
  • Jace's Defeat - U
  • Spellweaver Eternal - U
  • Torment of Scarabs - U
  • Unconventional Tactics - U

HOU Cards Currently Unavailable In-Game
 (8/16/17)
  • Imminent Doom - M
  • Pride Sovereign - M
  • Hour of Devastation - M
  • Hour of Promise - M
  • Endless Sands - R
  • God-Pharaoh's Gift - R
  • Hollow One - R
  • Hostile Desert - R
  • Scavenger Grounds - R
  • Angel of the God-Pharaoh - U
  • Firebrand Archer - U
  • Hope Tender - U
  • Manticore Eternal - U
  • Nissa's Defeat - U
  • Riddleform - U
  • Ruin Rat - U
  • Saving Grace - U
  • Striped Riverwinder - U
  • Torment of Venom - U

Comments

• Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Nice to see more ways to exile creatures.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Wow. 
    Some ridicoulous cards, some great cards - I love the graveyard focus! - , some good cards, some meh cards  - and some cards showing a serious lack of understanding how this game works (or intendet trolling?). I won't begin speaking about power creep here, since cycling makes the whole discussion pointless. Cycling costs are overall a bit higher, but still too low to balance the concept - and the "direction" of making cycling more expensive the rarer the cards get, is still the exact opposite of what I would have expected
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Good things --

1. Love the graveyard focus
    2. A lot of powerful cards at common level
    3. Thank you for letting exile-based removal filter in to non-masterpiece level cards
    4. Finally a larger direct damage spell than Firecraft for red
    5. Some real creativity shown these last two sets in card design

Bad things --

1. Just one. It's a big one. Power creep. Are we going to repeat the mistakes of SOI/EMN? You can't always rely on set rotation to bail you out. The Deserts are downright ridiculous, for example. It's like putting Startled Awake at common level. For cheaper.

2. There has been a definite increase in power levels for common and uncommon. This is fantastic--it makes the game more accessible, and spreads out card power in a more equitable manner. However, I question the sheer amount of power of some of the cards, regardless of their rarity level.

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    without weakness has an error, it has the cycling
    icon but does not show it's cost.

HH
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Solemnity

"When your opponent cycles a card..."

I have yet to see an opponent cycle a card. Does this imply that the dev team has programmed Cycling into the AI?
  • Corn_Noodles
    I think it was implemented as a way to let people add a dash of troll to their decks. Sacrifice a deck slot to make your deck a little more annoying to play against.
  • wickedwitch74
    Pulling that card as a rare would be incredibly disappointing. 
  • Corn_Noodles

There are worse ones...
  • wickedwitch74

There are worse ones...
    I disagree. I can win a game with a Mindcensor. I cannot do anything meaningful with Solemnity.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor

There are worse ones...
    I disagree. I can win a game with a Mindcensor. I cannot do anything meaningful with Solemnity.
    You can frustrate someone who plays a cycle deck. ;)
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards

There are worse ones...
    You can frustrate someone who plays a cycle deck. ;)
    Isn't that what we already do, create grief decks? Can't see why this is any different?

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    a cycle grief deck would mostly target those players
    that usually have weaker card collections.

HH
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    What struck me was the card Solemnity, when oppenent cycles a card the last card of your opponents hand is destroyed.... since the AI never cycles isn't this card never going to work or have they fixed the AI?
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    What struck me was the card Solemnity, when oppenent cycles a card the last card of your opponents hand is destroyed.... since the AI never cycles isn't this card never going to work or have they fixed the AI?
    It'll work great in decks piloted by the AI against players who are cycle dependent...
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    I notice that none of the new cycling cards have cycling 1. Do you think that fixes cycling, or something? Is this your attempt to rebalance the game?

• Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the heads up that the HOU MP's have been added to the gallery.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Abenjes said:
    Thanks for the heads up that the HOU MP's have been added to the gallery.
    We had actually just requested our web developer update the Masterpiece gallery not long ago, so you're actually one of the first people to see the updated page. (No joke. I hadn't even seen it yet

We'll be sure to update the thread to inform everyone that we've added the new Masterpieces to the gallery
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker

thanks.

Can't wait for the new set to drop and the new elite pack

• span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    They might want to fix the subtype for Avatar of Woe before the release.

Also Omniscience + Panharmonicon as the only supports in the deck = infinite loop
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    A few things that caught my eyes:

1) Oh dear. Gideon's Defeat and Farm might make Starfield deck ridiculously dangerous again. Better start stocking up on support removal (and bye bye, Tezz)

2) A bit amused to see common cards here after you leave them out of EMN and AER. Any reasoning? (I'm okay with some decent commons in there, but vanillas, I believe, is a no-no in this kind of game; wished you didn't include them)

3) Quite a few strong kill spells in there; with Majestic Myriarch having defender, it's a pretty useless hexproof creature to deal with this rain of kill spells....

4) Torment of Hailfire... lol, look at that math :wink:

5) Unesh looks like business. A sort of stronger version of Planar Gate.

Now some posts I think I'd love to reply:

Also Omniscience + Panharmonicon as the only supports in the deck = infinite loop
    Good find. This reminds me of one tournament where there's this hyper-broken Prismatic Array + Seasons Past + Nissa's Renewal + Part the Waterveil combo that's just impossible to stop, as well as one common problem MTGPQ has in general: Infinite loops. In this one case, I hope they can fix that by, say, "At the start of your turn, your cards become free", so that even if you mass draw from Panharmonicon and Omniscience, you don't get to free-cast your decks immediately for free.