Opinions welcome

Options
Deathjester666
Deathjester666 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
I've been saving CPs and legendary tokens and I'm wondering if I should spend now or wait. 
The thing is I have Blade at 3/1/1 and I think he's due to leave soon so not sure if it's worth cashing in before he leaves. I have mostly low numbers of covers on other current 4* except Carol at 5/2/1 and Mordo at 2/2/2.
The other part of the puzzle is that I have no agent Venom covers and don't think he would be a good fit for my roster. Again I think he leaves soon. 
My bonus cover is set to Iceman who is at 4/2/2
Any advice or opinions welcome. 

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes Blade will leave at the start of the next season (Agent Venom may or may not leave with him).

Blade is a good character and he might be worth chasing, it depends on how much CP you have and what your long-term goals are.  3/1/1 would be a lot to overcome in a short amount of time.
  • Deathjester666
    Options
    If it helps I currently have 604cp and 10 legendary tokens with another coming up in a few days. Not a huge hoard I know. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I probably wouldn't push for it if your counts are that low.  Assuming you're pulling from classics that's 30 Classic pulls and 10 Latest (40 total).  

If you pull the posted raitio 2 of those will be 5* (probably not but lets to with what's posted to get an idea).
    38 pulls remaining,

There are 12 4*s in each store with 3 colors each so 36 possibility.  If you had perfect odds you'd get 1 of each and go up to 4/2/2 with 2 pulls left (+2 bonus covers).

I would say the odds aren't in your favor for pulling blade and you're better off to keep hoarding till you're in a more favorable spot, but this is coming from someone with OHD (Obsessive Hoarding Disorder) who hoards frantically trying to never waste a cover (and managing to be surprisingly successful so far  :D )
  • Deathjester666
    Options
    I've wasted plenty of covers over time. Usually down to not having enough roster slots in the past. I'm tempted to wait a bit and forget Blade. I don't want to miss Medusa though and I'm in a similar situation with her. 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you have HP to roster anyone new and enough iso to champ a couple of 4 stars, then you should open them. Blade works well with Medusa and they are both good characters.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Back a few months ago, I was chasing 5* Thanos, so I spent all my CP, around 1100.  It majorly upgraded my 4* that were unvaulted.

I think the current crop of 5* is ****.  Hawkeye is solid, but I don't have good opinions of Doctor Octopus or Starlord.  I think you're caught in a bad time because Blade is leaving, but Spider-Man is coming at the same time (I think he's solid at worst).  At 5 covers, and 609 CP you're not going to make it.  I'm not even sure you'll hit 9 covers.

If you really want to gamble, you can, but I think you'll be disappointed by the results.
  • Deathjester666
    Options
    I had to cash in since I had 2 Carol covers dying so I opened all my tokens first hoping to get the last 2 green or yellow I needed. Obviously they never appeared so I saved enough cp to buy the last 2 covers for her and champed her. Along the way I ended up improving Coulson and Mordo substantially. Blade is now at 4/3/3. Medusa improved to 3/2/3 and most others got one or two each. I got a few fives along the way, thankfully one was a purple for my green goblin and a bonus black cover for widow. Also got a second starlord and hawkeye. Sadly I only got one bonus 4 star and that was a red for Peggy. That was useful but needed blues really. 
    Really having fun with Coulson and Wasp at the moment.