Marvel Puzzle Quest at D23 Expo This Weekend (7/10/17)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
Hi Everyone - 

We may have made note that we will be at the D23 Expo earlier this year but we wanted to share the exact info so we can meet everyone that will be at the show.

The D23 Expo is this weekend (July 14 - 16) at the Anaheim Convention Center and we will be at Booth #2079.  Just look for the Marvel booth and we will be in the adjacent area from their space.

Be sure to come by and say hi as every visitor that comes by the booth with the game downloaded on their device will get a free in-game gift (you have to come by and say hi to see what it is) from us!

Hope to see you there!
Tagged:

Comments

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm a licensee employee who won't get to go to the show. Can I finagle this somehow???  :D
    (I can send my boss with a picture of me and the game on my phone... she'll think I'm nuts, but she'll do it for me.)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @animaniactoo
    If your boss legitimately does that, I will see what I can do about getting you that in-game gift  :D
  • animaniactoo
    Options
    @Brigby - [grumbles] turns out she's not going this year. Ah well. It was a nice dream while it lasted!
  • Brigby
    Options
    Brigby - [grumbles] turns out she's not going this year. Ah well. It was a nice dream while it lasted!
    Ah darn. Well hopefully you'll be able to make it to next year's convention!
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good job on excluding nearly ALL your players from the gift since D23 is an exclusive event and most of us are unable to attend.

Customer Service: 1/10
    Customer Loyalty: -10 points
  • animaniactoo
    Options
    Arphaxad said:
    Good job on excluding nearly ALL your players from the gift since D23 is an exclusive event and most of us are unable to attend.

There seems to be some confusion here. D23 in many ways is like any other convention show. It is open to the public, with the usual caveat that non-members have higher ticket prices and paid memberships have a few more benefits over complimentary ones. If you weren't already planning to attend because you love all things Disney, it's probably too expensive to go to get what is likely a small bene gift, but if you have paid money to be there, hey, getting a bunch of small freebie benes is part of the experience and why shouldn't MPQ provide one of them as part of the experience? Why shouldn't they reward the fans who have attended this particular event? And such rewards are also part of building a userbase of previously untapped customers at a show like this - "Check us out, load the game and we'll give you this free gift!" (and hopefully you'll like it enough to stick around and keep playing and maybe even be a paying customer of our F2P game...)

The fact that it's not available to everyone or even *most* everyone doesn't mean that they are somehow being disloyal to their current customer base.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Considering how many exclusive D23 Expo physical items there are, a free in-game benefit is minor in my opinion. Unless they pre-release an upcoming character to attendees, anything given is neither unique nor scarce in any way, assuming you are willing to play or pay for it.

The real issue is that the Expo doesn't move around like Star Wars Celebration (except for a one-off in Japan), which means travel and opportunity costs for people not in the area. It makes sense for MPQ to have a presence wherever it is held due to the branding, as do any incentives given to grow/sustain the user base. They do not seem to have a large convention budget.

Note that the least expensive adult ticket (if you planned ahead) is US$57 to attend the Expo. That does not include any other costs involved in attending. If the free gift is less than that in value and you cannot bear not having it, I am sure they will appreciate the in-app purchase just as much as the physical visit.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    What about steam users or did you forget about them for the umpteen time.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Arphaxad said:

They've done this before the couple years they were at C2E2.
    Marvel frequently gives out special show giveaway stuff at conventions not available elsewhere. Same thing
    Stand down, soldier. Breathe and move on.
  • MojoWild
    Options
    What about Steam? Give them them your ign, they're super friendly. Man.
  • catcusvader
    Options

MojoWild said:
    If you have to ask then don't bother at all.
  • MojoWild
    Options

MojoWild said:
    I'm saying in this case it's a non-issue
  • catcusvader
    Options
    MojoWild said:

MojoWild said:
    I'm saying in this case it's a non-issue
    To you its not to me it is more important to them its a dead issue
  • Brigby
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi @catcusvader. Rest assured that all convention attendees that visit our booth, including Steam players, are eligible for receiving the free in-game gift.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I''d gladly fly across the country to anaheim if the in game gift was turning off your game breaking vaulting garbage.  Otherwise putting my in the same room with anyone that works on this game is probably a bad idea.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm about a 45 min drive from the Anaheim Convention center. Can you guys get me in for free if I buy lunch?
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options

Good job on excluding nearly ALL your players from the gift since D23 is an exclusive event and most of us are unable to attend
    It's not just the Disney show they go to. That have done different comic cons over the years. I saw them at Phoenix comic con 2 years ago. At the time IMHB was the newest 4* and I received three of his covers, some iso, and some hp. I also remember some guys from some Line groups who went to events where they gave out freebies. 
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So which 2* did they give you guys?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So is no one sharing what the prize was or did no one show up at the booth?
  • Brigby
    Options
    broll said:
    So is no one sharing what the prize was or did no one show up at the booth?
    We offered players their choice of either x1 cover of a 4-Star character or below, or 500 Hero Points. :)

Speaking of D23, it was an amazing experience being able to meet so many existing players, as well as getting the chance to introduce just as many new players to the game and its community.

We understand that this event was mostly available to players on the West coast, however we are always looking to attend events throughout the country, so keep an eye out for when we announce the next convention we'll be at!