Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Nemek wrote:
    Looks like the nerf is in!
    Character
    Black Panther

Rage of the Panther - Lowered damage by 20% across all levels
    Defense Grid - Fixed a bug where Level 2 would not reliably allow three Protect tiles to be placed.
    That it is. The patch hasn't *quite* gone through yet, should be popping up very soon. So spend the next little bit of time enjoying your 20% more powerful Black Panther!
  • It's still doing too much damage but now it's at least not 'strictly better than Sniper Rifle all the time'. It's still better than Sniper Rifle almost all the time which makes no sense on a tank, but before it was simply better all the time.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Character
    Black Panther

Defense Grid - Fixed a bug where Level 2 would not reliably allow three Protect tiles to be placed.
    That it is. The patch hasn't *quite* gone through yet, should be popping up very soon. So spend the next little bit of time enjoying your 20% more powerful Black Panther!

Hey IceIX, BP's blue and yellow seem a little rushed, in that leveling blue from 1->2 doesn't seem to functionally do anything (since level 1 lets you place 3 tiles max already), and using yellow when you have 15-29 environmental tiles is actually worse than using it when you have 0-15 tiles. Are these design issues going to be addressed as well?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Buffed characters for this Event: Captain America (Modern), The Hulk (Indestructible), Punisher (Dark Reign), Spider-Man (Classic), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

Actually seems to be
    Buffed characters for this Event: The Hulk (Indestructible), Punisher (Dark Reign), Hawkeye (Modern), Black Panther (T'Challa), Thor (Marvel Now!).

Darn it. I had that changed in the draft, then I lost it and did the patch notes again based on the older Episode run and forgot to change it. Fixed!
  • IceIX wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Character
    Black Panther

Sorry IceIX, but your Defense Grid "fix" didn't seem to do anything.
  • IceIX
    gobstopper wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Character
    Black Panther

Sorry IceIX, but your Defense Grid "fix" didn't seem to do anything.
    The Patch hasn't quite gone live yet, so that's not a surprise. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Care to give a reason why the character was released in an obviously unbalanced and bugged state?
  • Phantron wrote:
    It's still doing too much damage but now it's at least not 'strictly better than Sniper Rifle all the time'. It's still better than Sniper Rifle almost all the time which makes no sense on a tank, but before it was simply better all the time.

ugh could we seriously quit calling for nerfs all the freaking time?

X: was nerfed too much!

Y: needs to be nerfed!
    Y: wasnt nerfed enough!

ect ect ect you get the idea.

How about we realize that its a game about SUPER HEROS, who are supposed to be able to do ridiculous things?
    How about we bring on the buffs and give us something to look forward to...

Yes I understand that in some cases most of us had our favorite characters nerfed or drastically altered, but at some point something has to give in.

#1 Either we end up with a bland match 3 game with a Marvel skin attached to it.
    Or
    #2 We have a variety of dramatically different characters that can all do some degenerate things as long as it take at least a few turns to accomplish
  • Well, it didn't take too long. Though even with 20% less it seem still a plenty.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Well, it didn't take too long. Though even with 20% less it seem still a plenty.

i completely agree, just getting tired of hearing all these calls for nerfs, if we had as many people calling so often and loudly for buffs we might have more diverse rosters out there...
  • IceIX wrote:
    The Patch hasn't quite gone live yet, so that's not a surprise. icon_e_smile.gif

The notes imply no change to the problems we reported, level 2 blue not improving anything (the number 4 would really fit the text and the idea), and yellow should provide 1+x swords to make sense.

If you actually go out fixing why not these?
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    It's still doing too much damage but now it's at least not 'strictly better than Sniper Rifle all the time'. It's still better than Sniper Rifle almost all the time which makes no sense on a tank, but before it was simply better all the time.

ugh could we seriously quit calling for nerfs all the freaking time?

X: was nerfed too much!

Y: needs to be nerfed!
    Y: wasnt nerfed enough!

ect ect ect you get the idea.

How about we realize that its a game about SUPER HEROS, who are supposed to be able to do ridiculous things?
    How about we bring on the buffs and give us something to look forward to...

Yes I understand that in some cases most of us had our favorite characters nerfed or drastically altered, but at some point something has to give in.

#1 Either we end up with a bland match 3 game with a Marvel skin attached to it.
    Or
    #2 We have a variety of dramatically different characters that can all do some degenerate things as long as it take at least a few turns to accomplish

I don't think it was so much that people were demanding a nerf, as much as that it was really, really obvious that a nerf was coming and we wanted it sooner rather than later so we knew whether we wanted to invest in him
  • IceIX
    pasa_ wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

The notes imply no change to the problems we reported, level 2 blue not improving anything (the number 4 would really fit the text and the idea), and yellow should provide 1+x swords to make sense.

There's a fix going in for Defense Grid to increase it to 4 at Level 2 instead and other levels changing accordingly, I'm not 100% sure whether it'll go in today though (it's the reason the patch hasn't gone Live, we want to sneak it into the code). I'll add it to the Patch Notes if it makes it in.
  • IceIX wrote:
    There's a fix going in for Defense Grid to increase it to 4 at Level 2 instead and other levels changing accordingly, I'm not 100% sure whether it'll go in today though (it's the reason the patch hasn't gone Live, we want to sneak it into the code). I'll add it to the Patch Notes if it makes it in.

Now that's good news icon_e_smile.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    IceIX wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

No news on if yellow is going to be changed?
  • IceIX
    At the moment, it's working as intended. Yes, that means that 0-29 AP is pretty well the same thing, much as Wolverine's old 0-9 Red AP were the same thing. Whether intended is balanced in the long run/meta-game and therefore in need of a change is something else entirely of course. I wouldn't be surprised to see a slight buff on this one in the future though.
  • IceIX wrote:
    much as Wolverine's old 0-9 Red AP were the same thing.
    It was? I could swear Wolverine was originally 1 + 1/5AP, which is why folks keep clamoring for the same for BP's yellow.
  • IceIX wrote:
    At the moment, it's working as intended. Yes, that means that 0-29 AP is pretty well the same thing, much as Wolverine's old 0-9 Red AP were the same thing. Whether intended is balanced in the long run/meta-game and therefore in need of a change is something else entirely of course. I wouldn't be surprised to see a slight buff on this one in the future though.

Difference is that Wolverine didn't drain the red AP after using feral claws.
  • NorthernPolarity
    edited March 2014
    IceIX wrote:

I think the main annoyance is that 15-29 tiles is actually worse than 0-14 tiles since it drains you of the 15 tiles as well, which doesn't really make sense from a design perspective. It would make more sense to have 0-14 give 1, 15-29 give 2 but drain the AP, and so on. Alternatively, a nerf where 0-29 drains all the AP and gives 1 tile would make more sense design-wise as well. Thanks for the update!
  • IceIX wrote:
    Actually, there is a difference. Old Wolv didn't consume your red AP, but BP does and gives you nothing back for it. So, if it's working as intended, please have your designers play the game and see why it needs to be fixed.