Keep drawing or buy the cover

Options
IlDuderino
IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I have a 3/4/5 Hawkeye. I got lucky in cover draws up to a little over a week ago and now I can't seem to get a 5* from a token. I am considering saving 720cp for the last cover even though HE is still in latest because I do not want either of the other two 5*s and getting 6 Bum Fist and Agent Venom tokens from every 10 draws makes me less concerned about losing any 4* covers. Am I mad? I am just f£&@ing sick and tired of drawing rubbish and this way I can feel I am making progress by getting my second 5* maxed out in a way that is not subject to the whims of RNG

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Keep pulling and also set him as bonus hero. Since he is still in latest, if you get another red, you can ask cs to swap it
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't stand paying CP for covers myself.  I would follow Pongie's advice.  Once he moves out of latest, then you could try the CP route I guess.  
  • IlDuderino
    Options
    I would like to agree but I just drew riri and mordo from my next tokens 
  • IlDuderino
    Options
    Ok I drew a blue cover and now I feel stupid. Thanks for keeping me drawing!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Keep pulling and also set him as bonus hero. Since he is still in latest, if you get another red, you can ask cs to swap it
    I'm sorry what?  When has whining to CS about how many duplicate covers I keep getting be an actual course of action?

Are telling me I could have been mentioned the cruel way RNG has given my Coulson a 8/7/2 build with another Yellow rotting on the vine as I pine for Blue?

Or is this something reserved for 5*'s or whales only?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pwuz_ said:

Or is this something reserved for 5*'s or whales only?
    Yes. Only for the three 5* that are currently in Latest LTs
    Don't feel bad for not knowing, either. They don't exactly advertise they do it, and insist it's a limited-time opportunity which they could stop doing at any time. 

To give you an example, while Thanos was still in Latest, I had him at 5/1/2 and pulled two more black covers. Customer service swapped them and I asked for two more greens, so now he's 5/1/4. But, if I draw another black cover from Classics I'll be out of luck. 

It's also why I cracked a mini-hoard right before Black Panther rotated out. He ended up being a natural 5/3/5, but I did it while he was still in Latest so I could swap covers if I needed to. 

It's also worth mentioning they'll only swap if you can't otherwise champ the character. So if you draw a character to 5/4/4 and draw one more of the first cover but really wanted the third, CS will not do that swap. They'll ask you to champ and respec on your own in that instance. Not an issue of you're fully in 5* land, but not so great if you're just starting that transition and were hoping to slowly level to keep scaling under control. 
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Right, as I was afraid, nothing that will help me building up my 4* team.  RNGesus has been very cruel to me at times.  My Rulk & Wasp are both over 5 covers for two abilities, and a fat old goose egg for their passives.

I was hoping favorites would help, but they just make things WORSE since for characters like that the bonus covers are actually more likely to be useless as well!

They really need to do something different when you can't Champion a character due to 0-2 covered abilities.