Not able to connect to facebook

hexified
hexified Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
I recently had to swap out my iPhone 6+ for a new one and can no longer connect to facebook. I have the facebook and facebook messenger app installed, and even when I approve puzzle quest it takes me back to the game and stays stuck on "connecting to facebook" in an infinite loop without ever connecting.... is there a solution?
Tagged:

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey there hexified, unfortunately from how you make it sound, the only way to resolve this issue is by contacting Customer Support and have them restore your account manually. Doing so will allow you to relink your account back to Facebook.

Go ahead and proceed through the tutorial again and create yourself a new username. Then, send this new username and your old username to Customer Support as well as a screenshot of an MPQ purchase receipt if you ever made a purchase. The screenshot is an extra security measure and you only need to send one. If you would so kindly as to send it as JPG or PNG file, our representatives would greatly appreciate it as they are unable to open any other file type.

If you're unsure of how to reach Customer Support, you can use the following the link to contact them: https://d3go.com/mpq-support
  • hexified
    I was able to restore my account just fine, I just can't re-back it up and re-link my account.

Are you saying I need to create an entirely new account and get customer service to migrate my data over in order to link to facebook now?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    @hexified are you logged into Facebook in the new iphone's account settings as well?  I believe this is where MPQ acquires Facebook login info, as the Facebook app itself cannot be accessed by other apps on the phone.

(This saved account login in phone setting in the next major iOS release this fall, and I believe MPQ will have to be updated to support facebook login directly through the game app.)
  • hexified
    Yup I was logged in via the iPhone settings as well. I tried to login again today via MPQ and this time it connected. So maybe the devs had to do something with facebook changing it's tokens?