Training Grounds Exploit

Options
I don't know if this is the right place to report this, but I submitted an in-game support ticket that got a standard boilerplate response that "we'll look into it", so I wanted to make sure that someone on the Dev team saw this.

It's worth a "free" 1450 Mana Runes, and 15 Mana Crystals per day, you just have to play through 4 ridiculously easy matches.

This trick requires a low level and a high level planeswalker. First, choose the low level planeswalker. This will cause a "match" with another low level planeswalker.

Then use the Switch functionality to switch to your high level planeswalker. Defeat the enemy easily.

After the match, choose to get a new match with your high level planeswalker. Before starting the fight, switch back to the low level planeswalker.

Lose this match immediately after it loads, by quitting the match. Your low level planeswalker will take some damage, but can be used again.

Get another new match with the low level planeswalker. Once again, switch to the high level one.

You can repeat this process indefinitely to get a series of easy to win matches to get "free" bonuses. Since Training Grounds doesn't care about your win/loss record, it costs you nothing. And the low level "victim" planeswalker regenerates health enough to be ready to be sacrificed by the time you're done with your next match.

The easy fix to to prevent this exploit by the developers? Whenever someone switches planeswalkers, get a new match, every time. But that could have problems of it's own, as people will keep switching until they get a match they think they can win. I've got no other ideas.

Any devs/moderators, please feel free to remove this post once you've gotten the info to the proper authorities that have the power to fix it!
Tagged:

Comments

• NiftyC
    NiftyC Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Creative! Unfortunately, we can all tell the screenshots are faked, because the opponents aren't Koth. 
  • SilvrAnsible
    SilvrAnsible Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have no idea what you're talking about right now.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He is joking as almost everytime Koth is the opponent in Training grounds.
  • SilvrAnsible
    SilvrAnsible Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Maybe if you're a higher tier? I'm only barely silver.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't think people mind that much if players that
    have weaker card collections use this work around
    to be matched to easier opponents. this could allow
    them to get some much needed resources to
    improve their enjoyment of the game.

HH

• Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This isn't a new issue... It is well a WELL KNOWN matching issue.  
    Your next match is based on the last PW chosen.  This occurs in all events as well.  Play a node with a low level PW and then go to another Node and use a High Level PW and you get an easy match... Try going back to the Easy Node and you'll face a high level PW...  No secret here.

I think this issue stems from the developers trying to prevent people from setting a stronger PW after a match so your opponents face it instead of one that you last used.  By doing this the system pulls from the last PW's played so that you are more likely to face a relevant opponent in the tournaments rather than someone's boosted deck that doesn't fit any criteria.