***** Spider-Man (Peter Parker) *****

Comments

• spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    spectator said:
    No 5 star Reilly please, not after what they did to him recently in the comics, give me kaine instead
       Scarlet Spider (Kaine) is definitely on my wish list although I would be down with a Reilly version, too.
    Scarlet spidey (Ben Reilly) and scarlet spider (the other)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    BiffQJ said:
    I think that the original article said that the new Spidey was going to be in LL on July 6. Seeing as that is not the case, does anyone know when it's going to move over?
    It said you could start recruiting Spidey on July 6th, which was with the Homecoming tokens (the article said nothing about LL).

5*s rotate in roughly 2 weeks after their limited stores close, which I think puts us getting Spidey in LLs on the 24th, or at least that week (assuming they don't bring back his token for the second run of Sinister Six or something).
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    BiffQJ said:
    I think that the original article said that the new Spidey was going to be in LL on July 6. Seeing as that is not the case, does anyone know when it's going to move over?
    July 6 was release date. They usually move into Latest about two weeks after the end of the release event. So probably around the 23rd.
  • BiffQJ
    BiffQJ Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Thanks all!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    That's pure speculation on my part. Well, not the timing. Six weeks from last Thursday is August 17 (the day before Defenders drops on Netflix). Whichever character is released around that time will boot 5tar-Lord. Six weeks after that will be September 28, and Doc Ock will shuffle off. Six weeks after that it's November 9. Then 5pidey leaves roughly two weeks after that.
    This is likely accurate.  They've been working on a 5 week timetable lately but 35 or 42 days has been the standard for a while.

Next 5* is likely tied to Defenders in mid-August.
    After that is likely tied to Anniversary (so we may get a reprieve and not have one until first week of October)
    Then probably Thor in November, as he's notably missing from the tier at this point.

That means we should have 4 months of Spidey in tokens, unless they do something silly like drop two at anniversary time or other tomfoolery.

Now with that said, is Parker, like, good?  Do we know yet?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    BiffQJ said:
    Regardless of what the article said, it's always 2 weeks after their store closes.  His store closed on Monday July 10, so he'll be in tokens with the data push on July 24th.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only got him at 1/0/1 and my Miles is at 5/2/5 lvl 250. 

But the synergy is there. And if I can champ Miles and run him at 5/5/3 and get some more Spidey covers?.... woo-whee! 

They dont/won't work as well with Spider-Gwen as you think. I want the purple and yellow for Miles and the red for Spidey. She gets in the way. 

Been thinking about bout running them with 5* Black Panther. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's available in latest legends now.  I can't favourite him for bonus heroes though.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The synergy is there. And if I can champ Miles and run him at 5/5/3 and get some more Spidey covers?.... woo-whee! 

Been thinking about bout running them with 5* Black Panther. 

Yeah, it's fun. My 5-star Spidey is 0/2/1 and level 270 (a self-imposed 5-star soft cap) and I'm using him a ton, especially in the Sinister Six event where he and Miles are boosted. Spidey's green is absolutely unique and it's fun to watch enemy health drop while listening to the punching sound effect. I've been using Kate Bishop as a 3rd just so I have some use for black and blue (and she adds some punch), but I could see a lot of people fill that 3rd role nicely. Hulkbuster works too because he can either serve as a red battery for the two Spideys or feed himself.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Sound effects??
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah! This game has sound.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's funny. The only effect I hear when I play is my boss telling me to get back to work :P

• spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I just got my 13th cover for him and will be champing him after two 4s that need it. Been looking for a video of someone using a champed one to see how his best build would be. Any around or any good suggestions on build? I was thinking 4/5/4.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    I just got my 13th cover for him and will be champing him after two 4s that need it. Been looking for a video of someone using a champed one to see how his best build would be. Any around or any good suggestions on build? I was thinking 4/5/4.
    4/5/4 seems to be the best build for him, as it helps him get the most web tiles out to do maximum damage. If you can manage to match a web tile away on the first turn, then you have 3 webs out by the second turn. Using blue shoots out another 3, and as long as you have at least 6 out, you can pull off those crazy cascades with his red.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

Im due a big pull in October and I will have enough to fully cover all the ( at the time ) current latest 5 stars. Currently sitting at 354 pulls.

That will mean I will have the choice of DD, Spiderman plus one other,

DD from what I can tell looks a bit mediocre not terrible ( dr oct , sl ) but ofc difficult to tell without firm figures.

I was wondering if Spiderman is decent or not? On the face of things it looks like he is handy with some decent damage and those crits look fun with 5 star level damage. But you just don’t see any of them about. I cant even find any of the usual suspects in game who have one.

I also cannot find the usual you tube video that shows his skills. Im assuming there is a reason for this. Maybe because no one wants to pull with the chance on the latest of sl or dr oct and Spiderman has been unlucky as a result of being looped in with them

Im hoping whoever is the next 5 star when I pull is going to be thanos level.

The crits plus dd tiles maybe handy but I think they share two colours which is annoying

• Cactus_Jack_87

I was wondering if Spiderman is decent or not? On the face of things it looks like he is handy with some decent damage and those crits look fun with 5 star level damage. But you just don’t see any of them about. I cant even find any of the usual suspects in game who have one.

From what I've heard from several 5* players that have him champed, the general consensus is that Spidey is awesome. I've seen videos of him absolutely shredding maxed out Blackbolts with his red. His blue is cheap and can easily stun lock if you manage his webs properly. I just got my 13th cover for him a few days ago, he will probably be my first 5* champ.
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I've got him champed and think he's a blast to play. I'm not sure how the AI will play him though. I have mine set at 4/5/4. Once you've got six blue saved all you have to do is match one of his two web tiles away, he generates two more the next turn, then fire blue and you're all set. Fire either green or red and the damage is nuts (or both, but fire green first). Or if you're looking to stun, then fire blue again.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    thanks cactus & spghtti . im now looking forward to when I have him champed. we cant controls how the ai will play but it doesn't seem so onerous to set him up to start quipping people to death. Appreciated thanks
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Is Spidey bugged ? I had 5 web tiles multiple times and only created 1 critical tile. What gives ? Description of red says 5 or more...

Nevermind... I read that you need 6. Misleading description.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    D4Ni13 said:
    Is Spidey bugged ? I had 5 web tiles multiple times and only created 1 critical tile. What gives ? Description of red says 5 or more...

Nevermind... I read that you need 6. Misleading description.
    Not sure why it's worded that way. The key seems to be having 3 web tiles out, which is much easier to do when blue or red is at 4-5. Once you throw out your blue, you have 6 webs and you're ready to start hitting crazy cascades.