Predator and Prey PvP Tournament - March 3rd-5th

123457»

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking about trying to get the 1k progression, but if I do that I'll tank back down to 2nd and then shield so if I go past you don't fret.

Got the 1k progression and tanked back down to 900 points. Next time though I may not be so nice icon_e_wink.gif
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    Just noticed Kamahl, you're in my bracket, I was gonna try for Yellow IW but I'll let you have it icon_e_wink.gif
    I'll take your word for it, grazi. I see we're both missing yellow IW covers, but then again it's IW's yellow, which is as relevant as a fart in a typhoon with regards to party compositions.

But if enough people fart into that typhoon? Then you're looking at a major tinykitty-storm. As opposed to Sue Storm.

Puns.
    Butt.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    A fart storm is truly terrifying, imagine the smell.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Ok, grinded my way to Heroic Token and put on the tank team. Feel free to kick my bagbutt.
    Lol, as I got 2 hrs online, I managed to get to 799pts (1pt to 500ISO dammit...) and I'll end at 9#, getting 2 needed covers (so my IM40 will be 131). I'm pretty happy about it, as I didn't plan to get from this tourney nothing more than a bit of ISO from the last places.
  • Should have started my run from 250 ten minutes earlier. Tanked my MMR in all the LR thus week and ended up 2nd about 70 points short, ended at about 835. Only attacked once and it was a defensive win.
  • it just me or has no one else recieved their rewards yet either? I know it can take awhile at times but usually 40mins is more then enough time to start to wonder about where they are.
    Got 1st and yes i actuallly wanted my IW and IM40's since i need them all icon_eek.gificon_e_confused.gif
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    it just me or has no one else recieved their rewards yet either? I know it can take awhile at times but usually 40mins is more then enough time to start to wonder about where they are.
    Got 1st and yes i actuallly wanted my IW and IM40's since i need them all icon_eek.gificon_e_confused.gif

No rewards yet here, either, and you were in my bracket (I was 4th or 5th).
  • Marquoz wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    it just me or has no one else recieved their rewards yet either? I know it can take awhile at times but usually 40mins is more then enough time to start to wonder about where they are.

No rewards yet here, either, and you were in my bracket (I was 4th or 5th).

Yeah i recognize the name, nice to see you're on the forums too icon_e_smile.gif
    However i dont recall if you were the person who was making the big push at the end or not, i just remember seeing some poor soul trying to get past the 700 pts mark and all the zombies kept pulling them back down.

Oh and while we're at it. Jozier you're EVIL!! I swear Jozier musta made at least 120+pts off me last night while i was making my run to secure 1st
  • I'm still waiting to see what I got - I broke shields with 7 minutes left because I had a shot at first and no chance of falling to 6th (I think I was like 250 points above 6th; sleepy bracket) and I don't know if my last match went through in time or not. If it did, I probably got first; if it didn't, I probably got second.
  • Still waiting here as well. Unless something crazy happened I also had a #1 finish, 'BobDucca' is my name.

I think they are having issues rolling out the new Hulk tournament. The point calculator has changed at least twice already.
  • Those rewards take a long time to warp up.
  • and got my rewards so imma happy camper again icon_e_smile.gif
  • Glad I posted. Rewards came 5 minutes later. Always works!
  • I guess I have something to be happy about or mildly disappointed by when I get home then.
  • I accidentally hit #2 on my bracket so I ended up spending a 300 HP shield (10h left and wasn't going to stay up late to save the HP) and ended up -150 HP instead of +150 HP for the tournament, but I needed the IM40 so I guess it works out okay. Finished #5 and maybe I can actually use IM40 in the event where he's boosted now.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woo! I managed to squeak into the top 15. Saw that I was 16th with 6 minutes to go so I decided to risk it and made an attack. Finished it with less than a minute on the timer. That will let me max-power my very first 3-star character, with a 5/5/3 build. I just don't know if he's worth the massive ISO investment (he's currently level 74). It seems like all of the 100+ 3-stars I see are Punisher, Patch, Hulk, Spiderman, and occasionally, Classic Magneto. Are there many "happy" 100+ IM40 users out there that are glad they spent the ISO?
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    Woo! I managed to squeak into the top 15. Saw that I was 16th with 6 minutes to go so I decided to risk it and made an attack. Finished it with less than a minute on the timer. That will let me max-power my very first 3-star character, with a 5/5/3 build. I just don't know if he's worth the massive ISO investment (he's currently level 74). It seems like all of the 100+ 3-stars I see are Punisher, Patch, Hulk, Spiderman, and occasionally, Classic Magneto. Are there many "happy" 100+ IM40 users out there that are glad they spent the ISO?

I don't have him at a high level, but the problem with IM40 is that Recharge sucks on defense. If you could get all 3 charges of Recharge off reliably, he's quite decent for a tank. In general, you want to avoid using characters that are liabilities on defense unless they bring some kind of superb offense package (like Spiderman or Magneto). I don't think the Punisher and Hulk are as great as people say, but the good thing about them is that it's completey impossible to screw up using them on defense. While defense doesn't matter too much if you're in the Spiderman MMR range, you still don't want guys that look like a free kill to the other team.