Please let me give gifts to ALL my FB friends

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I have probably 1000+ FB friends who play MPQ, but it only lets me give gifts to around 20 of my FB friends.

Please update your algorithm so that I can give gifts to all of my MPQ-playing FB friends. I have requested this first a few years ago... it would be great if a fix got prioritized! Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• grimya
    grimya Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    It would be nice if we could choose the recipients even, at least then we know it's going to current players and we can rotate who gets them. 
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    [Moving from Bugs & Technical Issues to Suggestions and Feedback]
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    grimya said:
    It would be nice if we could choose the recipients even, at least then we know it's going to current players and we can rotate who gets them. 
    I second this. I wish there was a way to stay friends with some retired alliance-mates without having to feel bad I am wasting those 70/140/250 iso. 
  • mpqr7
    How is this not a bug??? Doesn't it seems like a bug that I'm only allowed to mostly send to people who don't even play any more????
  • Tombstone
    @mpqr7 That is just a case of someone who is not playing anymore but still has the game backed up to their Facebook account. If you do not want them to eligible then there are two options that you can go about to deal with the situation.

-The most straightforward option is to remove the person from your friends list.
    -The other option that we recommend to players who don't wish to lose their Facebook friends, is to create a second or "dummy" Facebook account and switch your backup to there. That way you can organize and manage everyone that you are sending Facebook gifts to. 
  • mpqr7
    @Tombstone If I make a second FB account, just for now, how so I transfer my game there? Does CS help me, or are there instructions posted there?

Some of these people are friends irl, but I don't want to nag them to delete now, nor do I want to remove them.
  • Tombstone
    After taking a peek into the process that CS uses, there appears to be two ways that you can go about doing this.

The first option is for you to unlink the data on your end, by following these steps:

- Force Close the game.
    - Make sure you are logged out of the Facebook app on your device and the native integration on iOS and Android devices under Settings>Facebook.
    - On a computer or separate device, log into the Facebook account that you want to clear the backup data from.
    - Click on Games>your Games>Marvel Puzzle Quest>Then select the X in the upper right corner to delete.
    - Launch your Marvel Puzzle Quest game and you may safely backup your data.

If that doesn't work, or you prefer this method, is to follow up with Customer Support and provide them your Facebook ID number for Marvel Puzzle Quest. 

To be able to find your Facebook ID number, it's in the same area as described above but here are some more in depth instructions to find the ID:

1. Access a Computer. (Seems the mobile version of Facebook doesn't have an option to remove game information)
    2. Open the primary web browser.
    3. Sign in to your Facebook account.
    4. Start by viewing your Facebook Home page.
    5. Click on "Games" which can be located on the left side of the screen under "Explore".
    6. From the main Games page, you will need to switch from "Find Games" to "Your Games" which is located at the top.
    7. Locate Marvel Puzzle Quest on the Your Games screen and click on the respective gear icon. Please make sure you are only clicking on the one for Marvel Puzzle Quest.
    8. With the pop-up open, scroll down to "Get Help From App Developers" and read the text that is written below it.
    9. Reply to this ticket with the User ID that is presented to you. It will be read as "Your Marvel Puzzle Quest User ID is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx."

With the ID in hand, all you need to do is write in a Support ticket providing your username and Facebook ID and ask Support to unlink your account as you are planning on switching Facebook backups. 
  • mpqr7
    Thanks again. I will try this.