*** Thor (Modern) ***

Comments

• Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    At first I was like OH SNAP 3* THOR
    Then I was like oh wait it's the laziest move I've seen to date on their part. Hopefully this is a major series of typos.

Does it matter tho that it's the same character? It gives us progression and that's what's important.
  • Not thrilled. I'll collect the covers for any useless 3 star I'll never use, but not caring about collecting essentially the same character. Boring.
  • jozier wrote:
    So we're all agreed that a 141 BP/3* Thor is the most devastating team ever right?

All that sweet, sweet AOE damage.

Now we know who we'd use for that 6 star capped tourney.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks familiar.
  • You know, this kind of irks me..

For the first time ever, I looked at my roster this morning and had an unobstructed and clear vision -- a plan. I have a bunch of heroes lingering in the 100's, but I haven't committed anyone to 141. But today -- today -- I finally was really to commit. Now this.

I wonder if I can just set up a direct deposit with Demiurge.
  • I don't see what the big problem is. If they're porting characters quick and easy, it's not taking much time away from developing new ones (obviously, as we've seen two new 3*'s in the past two weeks). 2*'s are already fairly obsolete once you have max 3*'s. Someone who loves 2* Thor should be glad to replace him with a 3* version, even (or especially) if the skills are exactly the same.

Sure, it's an ISO sink, just like any other 3* character would be. So?
  • jozier wrote:
    So we're all agreed that a 141 BP/3* Thor is the most devastating team ever right?

All that sweet, sweet AOE damage.
    I'd still give the edge to Patch, being cheaper, but Thor definitely provides better colour coverage.
  • Microtom wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Then I was like oh wait it's the laziest move I've seen to date on their part. Hopefully this is a major series of typos.

Does it matter tho that it's the same character? It gives us progression and that's what's important.

How does this give you progression? IMO if I'm gonna get a new character I would prefer to have new abilities. Giving 3* Thor the same abilities as the 2* is incredibly stupid. Oh, here is the same character with the same abilities just higher HP. I am with mechgouki on this with the giving us the 3* with the non nerfed abilities.
  • Microtom wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

We already have progression. Taking the same character and bumping him up another rarity doesn't sound like progression to me. Just comes off as a lazy attempt at adding 'diversity' (You can take your favorite 2* characters into the big leagues with gold characters! ...Please note gold characters have no transferable ability from 2* characters. Happy hunting).
  • abuelo wrote:
    So you get to spend that that ISO again, leveling the same character? Not exactly thrilling.

I still only have a handful of 2* Thor covers after selling him during the Thorverine debacle. This is my chance to redeem myself with the Asgardians.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Celerity wrote:
    I don't see what the big problem is. If they're porting characters quick and easy, it's not taking much time away from developing new ones (obviously, as we've seen two new 3*'s in the past two weeks). 2*'s are already fairly obsolete once you have max 3*'s. Someone who loves 2* Thor should be glad to replace him with a 3* version, even (or especially) if the skills are exactly the same.

Sure, it's an ISO sink, just like any other 3* character would be. So?

I wonder if theres something more to this: like being able to transfer the levels from your 2* thor over to 3* thor or something like that. This would require a new interface though, so chances are low.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

We already have progression. Taking the same character and bumping him up another rarity doesn't sound like progression to me. Just comes off as a lazy attempt at adding 'diversity' (You can take your favorite 2* characters into the big leagues with gold characters! ...Please note gold characters have no transferable ability from 2* characters. Happy hunting).
    What's the problem? Don't like the character, don't use him. This is for those who like Thor, but had to retire him for someone like BP because the lack of viability. Options are good.

It might be "lazy", but it works.
  • Microtom wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

How does this give you progression? IMO if I'm gonna get a new character I would prefer to have new abilities. Giving 3* Thor the same abilities as the 2* is incredibly stupid. Oh, here is the same character with the same abilities just higher HP. I am with mechgouki on this with the giving us the 3* with the non nerfed abilities.

Having the same abilities is beneficial. If you're using 2* Thor on your team now, you'd probably want his 3* equivalent to do the same thing, or at least something very similar. There's no difference between replacing a lv85 **Thor with a lv141 version of himself or any other 3* character, besides the fact that it "feels" like a waste to level up the same character twice.
  • I don't know I kind of like it. If you love Thor he can now be on your 3* team. It's a "new" addition that I won't need to break a sweat over as any Thor required pve nodes will accept either Thor as the are the same right? I hope so at least.
  • mischiefmaker
    mischiefmaker Posts: 932
    edited March 2014
    Jachdo wrote:
    If anyone is able to extrapolate his max stats, let me know and I'll update.
    Ballpark max level stats:

8.5k health
    60/67/11/10/52/12 tile damage
    ~1300 red damage
    2.5k yellow damage
    3.8k/1.9k green damage

I'd be very surprised and disappointed if this isn't a mistake or there isn't more here we're not seeing yet (like maybe the L3-5 abilities change, or there's some kind of 2* to 3* upgrade, or whatever). Running out a 3* that's an exact copy of a 2* with some numbers tweaked just doesn't seem like their style.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    edited March 2014
    I wonder if theres something more to this: like being able to transfer the levels from your 2* thor over to 3* thor or something like that. This would require a new interface though, so chances are low.

Agreed. I think it's very possible that they built the interface for this at the same time as the respec interface - it could well be a very similar process - and we'll see the results now only with the release of the new character version....
  • Gold could simply mean a HP exclusive character! Only way to get covers is to spend HP. icon_e_wink.gif
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Huh, they went with the same abilities. Slightly different costs and more damage with levels I presume.

Unexpected.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Can't wait for gold bagman!
    Gold obw would be kinda ridiculous though.
  • cain84 wrote:
    Gold could simply mean a HP exclusive character! Only way to get covers is to spend HP. icon_e_wink.gif

But...uh...they're giving away thousands of covers for free in the event.