The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Comments

• mags1587 wrote:
    Heh. I saw the free Hulk node and quickly took advantage just in case. Finally got a second cover for Hulk's black.

How did you get black cover? I thought it was supposed to be the same for everyone.
    The possible rewards for that node are 2 Green 1 Black and 1 Red Hulk cover so it makes sense that most people would get green since half the time that's what it'll award.

Ah ok. That makes sense.
  • Where is this "free hulk" you speak of?
  • CeeEssGee wrote:
    Where is this "free hulk" you speak of?

He's gone, he'll be back towards the middle/end of the event when the non-glitched bar is filled.
  • So far, no scaling.
    which personally I don't like, because I don't want a grind fest to hold a top place, but that's me personally and I liked the last 2 events.
  • nobody1111 wrote:
    So far, no scaling.
    which personally I don't like, because I don't want a grind fest to hold a top place, but that's me personally and I liked the last 2 events.

Mine is scaling. The first mission didn't seem to scale for me but all of the others are scaling like crazy.
  • I severely doubt there's no scaling in this event. All my enemies including the DA are all lvl 14 right now. I'm sure they won't stay that way for long. Hopefully the scaling is more moderate this time.
  • nobody1111 wrote:
    So far, no scaling.

Mine is scaling. The first mission didn't seem to scale for me but all of the others are scaling like crazy.
    I finished my first clear and all the missions are the same, still level 15 and level 20 hulks
  • nobody1111 wrote:
    So far, no scaling.

You do realise that scaling does not prevent grinding, it actually makes it worse? I really do not get people notion that scaling works against grinding?
  • Knock3r wrote:
    I severely doubt there's no scaling in this event. All my enemies including the DA are all lvl 14 right now. I'm sure they won't stay that way for long. Hopefully the scaling is more moderate this time.

Oops, I was talking about points per mission. So I take back my scaling comment and insert rubberbanding.
  • The subs are also much larger than in the past, so the rubber-banding will be much lower, won't it?

I'm not seeing any scaling yet, which is consistent with how the first hulk event was run. Same amount of time will be spent playing for me (more but shorter battles), but with more rewards to boot. I'm ok with this.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Atren wrote:
    nobody1111 wrote:
    So far, no scaling.

You do realise that scaling does not prevent grinding, it actually makes it worse? I really do not get people notion that scaling works against grinding?

Unfortunately, many people believe that scaling does reduce the need for grind.

To be honest, I just think it makes grinding harder. Just my opinion though.
  • Knock3r wrote:
    I severely doubt there's no scaling in this event. All my enemies including the DA are all lvl 14 right now. I'm sure they won't stay that way for long. Hopefully the scaling is more moderate this time.

Oops, I was talking about points per mission. So I take back my scaling comment and insert rubberbanding.
    It looks like rubber banding exists... but do the 1 day subs refresh node points after a certain amount of hours? I don't remember how the last Hulk event worked.
  • It seems you can get a black panther from the Hulk tokens, which is good since he is also required for the 1 of the sub event missions. That's really the only thing that keeps me going unfortunately, since i have the rest.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    This entire event is so jacked up I have to think we're going to see a reset and a rollback.

Edit: Oh just kidding, the main bracket is all players.
  • bonerang wrote:
    This entire event is so jacked up I have to think we're going to see a reset and a rollback.

A lot of people said the same about Thick as Thieves.
  • Is there ever an event where Punisher is not buffed, or where Punisher covers are not offered as rewards? This guy might as well be camping at D3 headquarters.
  • Celerity wrote:
    Is there ever an event where Punisher is not buffed, or where Punisher covers are not offered as rewards? This guy might as well be camping at D3 headquarters.

I believe he is protecting it. icon_twisted.gif
  • Celerity wrote:
    Is there ever an event where Punisher is not buffed, or where Punisher covers are not offered as rewards? This guy might as well be camping at D3 headquarters.

Just like IM40 not too long ago!
  • What do you mean that the event is "jacked up"?
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    WesFaram wrote:
    Knock3r wrote:

It looks like rubber banding exists... but do the 1 day subs refresh node points after a certain amount of hours? I don't remember how the last Hulk event worked.

Seconding this question. What was the reset timer last time around?