*** Thor (Modern) ***

Comments

• Narkon wrote:
    Yeah, it appears this is the case. I have to say I don't like this at all. It means that all the ISO and covers people put in 2* Thor is for nothing if we end up with a stronger version of the same character. I would prefer they move with the rebalancing of some characters who are broken and after they are finished with them make the **** heroes batter instead of diluting the cover pool, making it even more difficult to have a maxed character.

The Fearless Defenders seems more interesting. Players who don't have Ares can get get some covers of a heavy hitter and I have a chance to get Loki because LR are impossible to place top 50-100 for me.

+1
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    His green generates more green? Uhhh .. am I reading that right?

edit: must be a copy/paste typo
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could be they're going to introduce new "gold" characters which are just improved/higher level versions of previous characters?
  • A 3* character I can very safely not give a **** about.

What's the point in this? Surely they've messed up those ability listings
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    His green generates more green? Uhhh .. am I reading that right?

edit: must be a copy/paste typo

No.
  • Twysta wrote:
    Could be they're going to introduce new "gold" characters which are just improved/higher level versions of previous characters?

Please Thor no.
  • If this is a sign of things to come, allowing all 2* characters to upgrade to 3* versions, I am hugely excited. Maybe at level 141, my Moonstone will finally be relevant!

Well...a man can dream...
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Or, 2* Thor is OP, so they created a 3* Thor, copy all the 2* Thor's abilities and paste into 3* Thor, then bring in the nerf hammer on 2* Thor.

You read that here first icon_e_wink.gif
  • Celerity wrote:
    If this is a sign of things to come, allowing all 2* characters to upgrade to 3* versions, I am hugely excited. Maybe at level 141, my Moonstone will finally be relevant!

Well...a man can dream...

So you get to spend that that ISO again, leveling the same character? Not exactly thrilling.

And if they just copy all of the abilities then the power balance is still exactly the same, it's just health inflation with a massive ISO/HP sink
  • Despite his moveset being the same, I'm actually a bit excited about him and the idea of "gold" characters.
  • Well at first glance, it looks like 3* Thor does roughly double the damage as 2* Thor just based on comparing base version skill to base version skill. Given that, there would be no reason to ever use 2* Thor if you have a 3* Thor at roughly the same level.
  • Ugh, please tell me they are not starting the "foil" stuff that all the collectible card games have gone to.
  • Mondo wrote:
    Well at first glance, it looks like 3* Thor does roughly double the damage as 2* Thor just based on comparing base version skill to base version skill. Given that, there would be no reason to ever use 2* Thor if you have a 3* Thor at roughly the same level.

You're looking at a level 15 cover versus a level 6 cover.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Base health 1140?!

That's almost Hulk territory.

We'll above BP and IM40
  • If anyone is able to extrapolate his max stats, let me know and I'll update.
  • jozier wrote:
    Mondo wrote:
    Well at first glance, it looks like 3* Thor does roughly double the damage as 2* Thor just based on comparing base version skill to base version skill. Given that, there would be no reason to ever use 2* Thor if you have a 3* Thor at roughly the same level.

You're looking at a level 15 cover versus a level 6 cover.
    Oops. You're right. I always forget that different * levels start at different character levels.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    How long until we see a 2 or 3 star "Gold" Modern Storm?
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Now he's back and things'll be fine (Hey-la hey-la my ThorFriend's back)

psWAErD.png

Lv15 HP: 1140

8 AP -Mjolnir's Might
    Deals 83dmg, adding 3 Yellow tiles to the board
    Level 2: 135dmg.
    Level 3: XXX
    Level 4: XXX
    Level 5: XXX

12 AP - Thunder Strike
    Deals 154 dmg, adding 4 Green tiles to the board.
    Level 2: Converts 5 tiles, 200dmg.

14 AP - Call the Storm
    Deals 237 dmg to the current target and 118 to each other enemy.
    Level 2: 332 dmg to target, 165 to other enemies.

Baseline lv6 dmg Comparisons:
    Current ** Thor (Marvel Now)

Mjolnir's Might
    44dmg + 3 yellow tiles
    Lv2: 62dmg

Thunder Strike
    81 dmg + 4 green tiles
    Lv2: 5 green tiles

Call the Storm
    125 dmg to current target and 63 to others.
    Lv2 150dmg / 75dmg others.

Baseline lv6 to ORIGINAL RELEASE **Thor

Mjolnir's Might
    100dmg + 5 yellow tiles
    Lv2: 1 ap less

Thunder Strike
    250dmg + 5 Green Tiles
    lv2: 1 ap less

Call the Storm
    125dmg to current target, 63dmg to others.
    lv2: 1ap less
  • At first I was like OH SNAP 3* THOR
    Then I was like oh wait it's the laziest move I've seen to date on their part. Hopefully this is a major series of typos.
  • So we're all agreed that a 141 BP/3* Thor is the most devastating team ever right?

All that sweet, sweet AOE damage.