How is everyone making 30k+ ISO a day?

Comments

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    grind grind grind the shield simulator
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting at least 20k a day. I need to show more patience do I can champ and progress some of the characters I have that need over 70k to lvl up. I know I can get 100k in a week and 200 in about 10 days with shield intercepts, PVPs, selling champed 2* and such. 

But my pocket gets itchy. 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I typically save until I have 700-800k iso that way im prepared for anything, i can champ two 4* s or one 5*. I don't pull tokens until I have built up enough iso  to do something with it. And it's good to always keep at least 4 2* champs on rotation. I us mags hawk and storm . As soon as they are 144 I build and champ a dupe . Once the dupe reaches lvl  120 I sell the max champ
  • ejm04
    ejm04 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    mexus said:
    Selling / re-building a 2*, doesn't that mean you're actually loosing some ISO? Like 10.000 or so?
    Sure you get a few tokens from champion rewards but speaking of ISO here. :)
    At the time of sale, you lose 9,530 ISO. However, over the course of leveling back to 144, you get 5K back over just selling covers. Plus you get 3x 3* covers, which if we're just talking ISO, are 500 each, 5x heroics, which are 250-1000 ISO each if selling the covers, 375 HP, which can be cashed in for 3.75 heroics which, again, are 250-1000 ISO each. If you sell all those covers for ISO, you come out about even, and with a handful of CP. But those guys feed 3* that are probably champed, which are a better return on ISO for champ levels. Those champs feed 4* champs. It all feeds the system.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Play three hours, make around 10,000 ISO per hour, I guess.

Tokens, Bonus Rewards (if you pay at least once per month), SCL, championing, node completion rewards, etc.
  • knightfall
    knightfall Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    May I ask why you would want this? I got 900.000 Iso at the moment with no idea on what to spend it on...
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    As soon as you get into the 4 star transition iso is a massively limiting factor. It takes 365k to champ a four, and covers come much faster than you can earn iso. I've got about 8 4's at 13 covers that need champing, so slowly working my way through them. Even if I had your stash, I'd only be able to champ 2 of 8 straight away. 

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    MpqTron said:
    As soon as you get into the 4 star transition iso is a massively limiting factor. It takes 365k to champ a four, and covers come much faster than you can earn iso. I've got about 8 4's at 13 covers that need champing, so slowly working my way through them. Even if I had your stash, I'd only be able to champ 2 of 8 straight away. 

Pretty much this.

Another part that, most of the iso cost to level a character is back loaded. For examples, 33% of the total ISO needed to champ a 4* is from lv 240 to 270 which is roughly the same cost for lv 70 to 200. Once you get to that point, you iso will disappear quickly. 900k sounds like a big number, but it is actually not. Don't go shopping spree just yet.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I don't track my earnings, but I do track my iso needs on a per day basis. (Iso demand) minus (current iso) divided by (days before expiring). In the past I generally outpace 30k based on my daily average iso demand dropping when I check it.

I just started saving to champ Iron fist before his covers expire and i need 41,383 iso a day to champ him in time. Not too optimistic about it, but if I start seeing that per day average dropping I guess that means I am outpacing 41k a day.

I think not hoarding is helpful to hitting these deadlines, even tho they can exacerbate the issue
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    sh81 said:
    May I ask why you would want this? I got 900.000 Iso at the moment with no idea on what to spend it on...
    Quite literally, you can never have enough.

When they introduced SCL I got a dump of 400k iso.  This enabled me to fully level every player in my roster.

Since that happened I had little to spend it on, and ended up with 3 million sitting in the bank.

I have since started champing 4*s, and am already down to 900k.  No matter how much you have, you will spend it eventually!

Im now hitting a point of wanting to hoard CP and LT for a while to let that ISO balance recover.  I dont want to get caught in a situation of having a 4* on the vine and needing 350k iso to champ a character before it expires.

But you have 900K iso to spend, and it costs 365K plus champ costs to champ a 4, so why have you stopped opening tokens? If you have anymore at 13 covers, you can champ 2 more before you stop opening tokens and recover iso. I've never got more than 365K iso, as as soon as I hit the amount to champ one of the many 4's I have at 13 covers, I champ immediately and then start again. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quick rough breakdown:

Day begins: get event rewards, daily resupply, VIP reward, alliance play bonus, finish DDQ (30 min)
     = 10,000 ISO + tokens, HP, CP
    Mid-Day: play some PVP (1 hour)
     = 3,000 ISO + tokens, HP, CP
    Nighttime: finish PVE sub-event and start another one, event rewards, bonus rewards (2+ hours)
     = 20,000+ ISO + tokens, HP, CP
    Day End: cash in tokens and get champ rewards (15 minutes)
     = 10,000 ISO + HP, CP

Total 43,000+ ISO a day

Once a week: Shield Level Bonus  = 40K ISO, Buy Heroes for Hire = 10K ISO + tokens, CP

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure what kind of alliance your in now. But with your scores in pve go to the alliance section of the forums and find a strong pve based alliance. They will consider your pvp scores a bonus and as long as you complete max progression in pve they should keep you. It's amazing how much more iso you can earn in an alliance that a) EVERYONE plays EVERYDAY and b) places in the top 50 of pve and top 250 pvp EVERY event. That's about an average of an extra 2.5k iso per day. Figuring going from a second to last bracket placing alliance, it's a little more if your current alliance never gets out of the last bracket. 
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    sh81 said:
    I can confirm that, jumped from a start up alliance to a top 100 one and the amount of iso/hero points/covers coming through jumped dramatically.

It was especially rewarding in the alliance 4* release events too
    So true....I'm in a pretty competitive hybrid alliance (t10 PVE, t100 PVP) and the reward flow is awesome.  

Its an extra 5 3* covers/week (or better), tokens, hp, and iso daily.  
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Honestly it really is about being at higher SHIELD clearance levels for the most part. When you're new and still stuck in SHIELD CL 3-4, your ability to generate ISO from your daily play is fairly limited. The biggest thing you can do to increase your ISO output is through 2 star Champion level farm. Keep all of your 3 and 4 star heroes at or below level 144, and every time one of your 2-star characters reaches level 144, sell it off for 65,000 ISO and 125 HP as soon as you get the next cover for that character. You'll very quickly start seeing your ISO flow increase by doing that. Play Deadpool's daily every day as best you can, and roster as many 3 and 4 star characters as you can to unlock essentials.

Being a new player in this game at this point has got to be very frustrating, I can't imagine starting over 2 years after I began playing. Save all of your HP for roster spots, and don't roster any 5-star character you obtain, no matter how much you might want to. They'll absolutely murder your ability to play story mode.
  • JPellet
    JPellet Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

I currently am farming 2* characters.  I have an Ares that I leave at Level 144, and then a second that I farm, sell and repeat.  Today my second Ares got maxed.  Instead of selling at 65,000, both are only showing that I can sell them for 12,500 ISO.

Anyone know why it's not allowing me to sell at 65,000?

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler

At a glance you're doing things the right way...

You're likely missing out on:

- Champion rewards - this is pretty big

- Higher SCL rewards in events - I think this is so-so

- Required nodes - not only rewards but also completion experience

- DDQ nodes - TBE, burrito and crash

- Level up ISO from SCL - exp increases for each level, but the iso reward increases too...  this might be a wash

- Got FB friends? - minimal, but I've heard stories of it being impactful

- are you getting intercepts - a single intercept can be 2k ISO and you get several a day...

You just don't become fully efficient after a month of play, you're not doing anything wrong, you just need to build up your MPQ infrastructure.

what is intercepts???
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    @Lucifier

An intercept is a random extra reward, you'll get several daily. To get these you need to spend money though, if you VIP you should already be getting them. Look for Iron Man saying you're getting something extra after you beat a node.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    oh thanks for reply, I am already VIP, and i am getting this (i did not notice it called intercept).

but:

1- never saw 2K intercepts, i think the max is 1K. (or could be 500 or token or HP).
    2- only get them from PVE-story event nodes, or the current boss fight. (and i think it is one time/node or lets say one time/6 clears of a single node).
    3- i do not get them in the PVP fight, is that normal? or is it just me not lucky?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Lucifier said:

At a glance you're doing things the right way...

You're likely missing out on:

- Champion rewards - this is pretty big

- Higher SCL rewards in events - I think this is so-so

- Required nodes - not only rewards but also completion experience

- DDQ nodes - TBE, burrito and crash

- Level up ISO from SCL - exp increases for each level, but the iso reward increases too...  this might be a wash

- Got FB friends? - minimal, but I've heard stories of it being impactful

- are you getting intercepts - a single intercept can be 2k ISO and you get several a day...

You just don't become fully efficient after a month of play, you're not doing anything wrong, you just need to build up your MPQ infrastructure.

what is intercepts???
    The bonus rewards you are eligible to receive after a match for 28 days after making any purchase with actual money. Any purchase is valid, and many people will buy a Bugle Pittance to receive these rewards. 

When they were first introduced, they were called SHIELD Intercepts, and were available to F2P players (except Steam players, then eventually those who downloaded the game through Amazon) if they agreed to watch an ad that ranged in length from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. If you made a purchase, you got the reward without needing to watch the video.

I should clarify that these rewards were never made available to Steam players, even if they made a purchase. F2P players who downloaded the game through Amazon could get the rewards for watching ads at first, but that option was eventually removed. However, they could still get the rewards if they made a purchase. 

The problem was that it was very buggy and never seemed to work properly if you were F2P. Many times you'd agree to watch the ad, then the video would fail to play and you'd get no reward.

After several months of this, they ditched the F2P video ad option and the only way you can get them now is to make a purchase once every 28 days. When they made this change, I believe they also opened up these rewards to Steam players, provided they made a purchase like players on any other platform. 

They say you can get up to 20 bonus rewards per day, but most people seem to get about half that number. They pop up randomly after non-versus matches, so you won't ever see them while you're playing PvP or the season SHIELD Simulator.

Prizes include 2000, 1000, and 500 ISO, 100 and 25 HP, 1 CP and Heroic and Elite tokens. More valuable rewards are given out less often, but every little bit helps.

I think that's it, but anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.