Upcoming Event: Spider-Man Vs. The Sinister Six

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

At 12:00 pm EST on July 6th, we will be running the Spider-Man Vs. The Sinister Six event. Below ARE some basic details for the event and the current plan for Powered-Up Characters, rewards and upcoming stores!

General Event Structure

Alliance Gameplay
  • You will need to join or start an Alliance
  • This event is for 20 players.
    • The first 20 people to join the event with a specific Alliance are locked in with those 20 people for the duration of the event.
    • If you join the event and there are 20 people already grouped up for the event, you will join the event separate from the other 20 people.
Missions
  • 2 Boss Missions
  • 3 Supporting Character missions per Boss mission
  • Completing a Boss mission locks the mission
  • Completing a Supporting Character mission unlocks the Boss mission

Boss Mission Structure

• Each Boss mission will consist of 3 of the 6 Sinister Six Bosses
  • Enemy combinations change each round
  • Enemy combinations are displayed in the pre-event description
  • The enemy AP is depleted after defeating them and moving onto the next Boss

Sinister Six Bosses

• Carnage (Sinister Six)
    • Carnage is unpredictable with swapping tiles and performing random attacks
    • Carnage makes tile swaps at the start of his turn if he has Black AP
  • Doctor Octopus (Sinister Six)
    • Doctor Octopus Places a Nuclear Reactor tile at the start of the battle that will end the game if it activates
    • Destroy Doctor Octopus’ tentacles to reveal his weakness
  • Green Goblin (Sinister Six)
    • Summons henchmen to his side.
    • Creates and fortifies Countdown tiles that do random effects
  • Sandman (Sinister Six)
    • Reduces incoming damage while taking extra damage from Yellow Match-5s
    • Generates Yellow tiles that helps fuel a devastating attack
  • Venom (Sinister Six)
    • Creates Invisibility tiles until he is ready to attack
    • Creates Web tiles after attacking
    • Can devour an enemy if there are enough Web tiles on the board
  • Vulture (Sinister Six)
    • Goes airborne while waiting to strike his enemies
    • Deals damage and destroys tiles

(The event gives the Weekly Powered-Up amount to the highlighted characters. The characters that are part of the Weekly Powered-up list may be different for other events)

Event Stores

The Sinister Six Vault
  • 80 covers
    • 1 Legendary Token
    • 1 Featured 4-Star cover
    • 2 Random 4-Star covers
    • 3 Required 3-Star covers
    • 19 random 3-Star covers
    • 10 required 2-Star covers
    • 44 Random 2-Star covers

Homecoming Legendary Store

• 10% chance for a Spider-Man (Peter Parker) cover
  • 90% chance at the latest 12 4-Stars
  • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Spider-Man Limited Vault

• 40 items
    • 1 Homecoming Legendary token
    • 1 random 4-Star cover
    • 3 Spider-Man (Classic) covers (one of each)
    • 6 Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14 Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this a standard 3.5 day boss mission, with windows opening every 8 hours, and a steep jump in scaling after 24 hours?
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Copy and Paste from my thread earlier since 4 out of 5 of my concerns/questions still unanswered.

@Brigby

My main concerns/questions are
    1. Do the bosses in each wave have the usual Lv for each round or do they get lowered like wave nodes in PvE ?
    2. Do the bosses still have all 6 colors as strongest color ?
    3. Will we see the stats of the boss before the event ?
    4. Are there any balancing tweaks to Green Goblin ?
    Not knowing any answers of the above questions together with the vague descriptions about each boss makes me wants to dial myself down to play casually now.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Really disappointed that the 4* reward is carol and not a vaulted character.

I shouldn't have expected anything less though, you guys try as hard as you can to avoid giving out vaulted characters at all costs.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Was looking forward to a vaulted character since boss events are usually vaulted rewards
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    and of course its not a 5* cover but a token... oh well
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    No Miles or Spider-Gwen for rewards? Bummer. 

And of course, that means missing out on the C&D yellow that would have come with progression in a normal event. Double bummer. 

I guess champ levels for DP and C4rol never really hurt though. 
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Boss battles where the boss can go invisible or airborne?  Depending on how often they're able to do it, that could be super annoying.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I'm sure the bosses are going to not be fun to fight but hey at least I get some covers for my girl Carol...
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby I'm assuming those bosses are immune to stun? Would be nice to get some confirmation on this. Thanks in advance!

Oh, and getting a Black Widow (original) Green cover at 112.000 points? That would be special indeed. More special than a new 5* I wager...  ;)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    I assume we'll see the de facto 24 hour scaling jump?

PS, has this event been TESTED with a 5 star roster?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the mention of extra damage from yellow matches for Sandman, and matching tentacle tiles for Oct, it sounds like they're really trying for a puzzle element for each boss. The invisible and airborne mechanics probably are paired with some way around it for Venom and Vulture.
    The rewards suggest a true alliance event with a cumulative score rather than individual round advancement this time, so there should also be no scaling of the bosses, which should be a big relief to tier 5 players in the later rounds. Not listing 2 round reward lists is a little confusing considering 2 boss missions. I suppose that must mean we just decide which 3 bosses to face and the rounds advance regardless? I guess it'll be nice to make the choice, so long as the bosses involved are previewed instead of being surprise silhouettes. Unless... 3 associated sub-missions. We aren't really getting 4~3 chances on each boss mission, are we?
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    So every black widow except five star is boosted?
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Really need to know something about scaling of both boss missions and the supporting character missions.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I find it weird that there are more 5* boosted than 4*. Sure one is brand new for this event, but still.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Single latest 4* boosted (and not a good one), a bunch of 5* boosted, so 5* players are given onother advantage.

So far almost everything sounds bad.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    I'd rather play a normal pve at this point with the information available. Cannot get excited about playing for a character in the latest tokens when I'm already having to hoard so I don't waste too many pulls. 

Why cant sneak peaks provide a video showing the game play, its 2017 not 2001.  ;) 

Looking at the boosted list and from the last boss rush I guess it's time to dust off winfinte.
  • Drake
    Drake Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Man, they really need to upgrade rewards. A little over 2k iso for progression in a 3.5 day event is just bad.