***** Spider-Man (Peter Parker) *****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited July 2017 in Character Details

Spider-Man (Peter Parker) 

5 Star Rarity (Epic)

At Max Level: HP:  52337    82/646/75/4.3x/502/574/69/325

Stick Around 6 Blue AP:
I’d love to keep this up, but I’ve got other bad guys to stop!  Spider-Man webs up his foes.  If there are fewer than 5 Web tiles, create 2 Web tiles.  Otherwise, stun the enemy team for 1 turn and remove 2 Web tiles.
  • Level 2: If there are fewer then 4 Web tiles, create 2 Web tiles. Otherwise, stun the enemy team for 1 turn and create 2 web tiles.
  • Level 3: Stun the enemy team for 2 turns and remove 3 Web tiles.
  • Level 4: If there are fewer than 4 Web tiles, create 3 Web tiles.
  • Level 5: If there are at least 4 Web tiles, stun the enemy team for 2 turns and remove 2 Web tiles.
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: If there are fewer than 4 Web tiles, create 2 Web tiles, otherwise, stun the enemy team for 2 turns and remove 3 Web tiles.
  • Level 4: If there are fewer than 4 Web tiles, create 3 Web tiles.
  • Level 5: If there are at least 4 Web tiles, stun the enemy team for 2 turns and remove 2 web tiles.

Arachnid Agility 10 Green AP:

Spider-Man leaps from enemy to enemy, quipping and thwipping while he kicks their butts.  Deals 1114 damage to a random enemy, then 1114 damage to a random enemy once for each web tile on the board (Max. 3 tiles).

• Level 2: Deals 1314 damage, and 1314 once for each Web tile on the board (Max. 3 tiles).
  • Level 3: Deals 1314 damage, and 1314 once for each Web tile on the board (Max. 4 tiles).
  • Level 4: Deals 1428 damage, and 1428 once for each Web tile on the board (Max. 4 tiles).
  • Level 5: Deals 1428 damage, and 1428 once for each Web tile on the board (Max. 5 tiles).
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: Deals 5279 damage, and 5279 once to a random enemy once for each Web tile on the board (Max 4 tiles).
  • Level 4: Deals 5738 damage, and 5738 once for each Web tile on the board (Max 4 tiles).
  • Level 5: Deals 5738 damage, and 5738 once for each Web tile on the board (Max. 5 tiles).

Web Shot 7 Red AP: 

Spider-Man’s drone surveys the battlefield before he launches himself into battle.  Deal 2027 damage.  Then, if there are 3 or more Web tiles, convert 1 of them to Critical tiles.  If there are 5 or more Web tiles, convert 2 more of them to Critical tiles. 

(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, if there are fewer than 2 Web Tiles, create 1.

• Level 2: Deal 2513 damage.
  • Level 3: Deal 3000 damage.
  • Level 4: Deal 3061 damage.  At the start of the turn, if there are fewer than 2 Web Tiles, create 2.
  • Level 5: Deal 3547 damage.
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: Deals 12061 damage.  Then, if there are 3 or more Web tiles, convert 1 of them to Critical tiles.  If there are 5 or more Web tiles, convert 2 more of them to Critical Tiles.  (PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, if there are fewer than 2 Web tiles, create 1.
  • Level 4: Deal 12305 damage.  At the start of the turn, if there are fewer than 2 Web Tiles, create 2.
  • Level 5: Deal 14261 damage.

[Added some missing in-game text to base level skill descriptions.  -Dayv]
[Edited grammar and spelling. -Brigby]

Comments

• Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    As always, thank you for this, @Cthulhu!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never been much of a Spider-Man fan. Always preferred his villains (Venom, Carnage, Sandman). But based off what been shown of him, he seems pretty awesome.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    No problem!  thank you guys!
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/5/4? Lose a bit of red damage and blue stil stuns the enemy team for 2 turns while allowing green to hit the maximum 5 times
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Wow compare that red to Black Suit's green! Power creep anyone?
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    If each hit of Arachnid Agility gets a damage boost from strike tiles, this will be really awesome. I'm not sure if that's how it works with Gwenpool since when you shots the same enemy many times it seems to only show the total damage. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So does this mean old 5* spidey is officially a failure now?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, pairs well with Miles Morales? Probably best hero to toss out web tiles, and invisibility will help Miles survive in 5* territory, plus the rank 5 Power and Responsibility would provide the AP a growing Spidey needs. Still not sure how often I'd ever actually want to use the stun and lose at least 2 webs. That's a heafty drawback considering how dependant the other powers are on keeping lots of webs.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow compare that red to Black Suit's green! Power creep anyone?
    BSS does have the 4-turn stun as well, but yeah. It's almost the same damage for half the AP. That's completely ridiculous.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    He is insane, I can't wait the three months it's going to take for me to cover him!

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 said:
    He is insane, I can't wait the three months it's going to take for me to cover him!

Or the 3 years it might take me to get close!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    evade420 said:

Or the 3 years it might take me to get close!
    You have a month till he leaves LTs. Cash in all your LTs and CPs now!
    He won't leave Latest until Star-Lord and Doc Ock cycle out, roughly 18-20 weeks from now. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    @Cthulu
    The descriptions for Bleu and Red look like they need some work; they look a bit cut-and-pasted and are missing bits:

Blue: ...If there are fewer than 5 Web tiles. [What? Tellll Meeeee!] Otherwise...

Red:
    • Max Level:
    • Level 3: Deals 12061 damage.  Then if there are 3 or more Web tiles, convert 1 of them to Critical tiles.  If there are 5 or more Web tiles, convert 2 more of them to Critical Tiles.
    Do all ranks do this, or is this a change from ranks 1-2? What does the extra bit do at rank 5?
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

IM hoping that the next 5 star from spidey will be as good. Then I will be able to time my hoard pull for when they are both in the latest packs and blow the lot. Currently sitting on 127 ledge and 3050 cp. Its all about the iso now. End of aug I reckon for pullathon. ………Sounds dodgy

• Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Yoik said:

IM hoping that the next 5 star from spidey will be as good. Then I will be able to time my hoard pull for when they are both in the latest packs and blow the lot. Currently sitting on 127 ledge and 3050 cp. Its all about the iso now. End of aug I reckon for pullathon. ………Sounds dodgy

Why not just chase Spidey now in his exclusive vault? I'd rather try to get him fully covered and get a handful of covers for the next guy then have Doc Ock thrown in the mix. I have 3800 CP saved up, that's my plan.
  • DarthDeVo
    Hmm, @Dayv, I'd never considered that before. 

Let me ask you this, though. When 5pidey moves in to Latest, he'll join Star-Lord and Doc Ock. The general consensus is they leave much to be desired.

So taking that into consideration, would it be better to still pull from the new release Legendary store, maybe pulling fewer 5* covers total but guaranteeing they aren't 5tar-Lord or Ock? Or pulling 5pidey when he's in Latest and just dealing with the other two? 

I suppose there's always the third way: waiting for 5tar-Lord and Ock to cycle out and really hope the 5*s that replace them are better. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dayv is right!  Never buy release event tokens unless you have an unlimited supply of cp but can't for some reason do anything with covers for the other 2 latest 5*s.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited July 2017
    Huh. I had really been considering pulling from the new release store. I'll have enough CP for about 25 pulls, which is far, far from ideal, but was looking forward to avoiding 5tar-Lord and Ock.

Spidey is my favorite character and has been for a long time. His kit seems pretty interesting, and I'd really like to get him decently covered. I guess I'll have to be patient and wait until 5tar-Lord and Ock cycle out. 

I'm just worried that if I do that, the two that replace them might not be that great either and I'll probably inevitably draw more of the other two characters than 5pidey. 

Plus, I look to my experience with Black Panther. He's my first fully covered 5*, and part of that was due to the jump start I got pulling from his new release store. 

Originally, I had been planning on doing about 25 pulls from 5pidey's new release store, then hoarding all my CP and LTs until 5tar-Lord and Ock rotated out of Latest before pulling more. Bad idea? 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    @DarthDeVo : It really depends on your meta-goals. If you are solely interested in acquiring 5* Spider-man, I imagine pulling from the exclusives is your safest bet.

However, if you are interested in acquiring/maintaining a competitive roster for PvP and/or PvE, then as my esteemed colleague Dayv has pointed out, waiting for him to be in the Latest Tokens is the better investment. Additionally, you might acquire another 5* character who compliments and/or enhances the new Spidey's skill set (think Black Bolt & Widow, Thanos & Panther).

Arguably 5* Star Lord *might* fill that role with his ability to generate green AP and steal AP but I don't think a Spidey-SL pairing will be meta-changing and Spidey-Doc Oc is definitely a no-go (Ironically, the new Spidey pairs pretty well with GG, go figure lol) so the most prudent course of action would be to wait.

But that's only if you are competitive player. And even then, it's not really clear how much the new 5* Spidey will affect the meta. For PvP, his team stun will run afoul of the current Meta-Kings Thanos & Black Panther and will give added incentive to use Surfer.  A Spidey & Thanos team will definitely be viable but I don't see it being faster than T&BP if shield hopping is your jam (although it might be better defensively in terms of slowing matches down) and he might make OML worth running again (strike tiles, strike tiles).

For PvE, I don't see him particularly over taking the BB-Thanos-Strange monster force, although I suppose he could be used as a 5trange substitute if you don't have him.

But if my last two paragraphs mean nothing to you, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I am a huge Spidey fan, too, but I am honestly on the fence about cracking open the hoard since I do play the game competitively to some extent, less so than before, but still. It also doesn't help that I have BSSM and the lack of buff for BSSM and the history of how this game has treated Spidey leaves me a bit wary.

So I will definitely wait to see what other 5* characters enter the token pull before I make a decision. If they release a 5* Deadpool next that compliments Spidey I would definitely be on board to lighten my hoard. And if they release God Emperor Doom, they can have the rest of my hoard too lol (Wishful thinking)

With that said, the new 5* Spidey definitely looks like he will be a lot of fun to use and has a really awesome power set so I hope you are able to acquire him whichever route you decide to take. As always, just do what makes you happiest.