Cereal

2»

Comments

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017

Stop trying to hijack the thread with off-topic comments! Let stay on topic!

Milk or no milk? 

Gotta be milk, if it's Grapenuts, you milk and then wait 5 minutes. 

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this is a sensitive topic to me. I am a lifelong dry cereal eater. That's right people, I don't put any milk on my cereal. None whatsoever. I actually love milk (at one point I drank a gallon a day) and cereal and have to have milk with my cereal, just not together. I eat some cereal, swallow it, THEN drink some milk so that the only mixing occurs in my stomach (where the sogginess doesn't bother me).

All my life, I have taken grief over this. People look at me like I'm a freak when I order dry cereal . Waitrons ask me "You mean you want cereal WITHOUT MILK?!?!?!?" It may sound like they're clarifying, but the hurtful accusations are loud and clear. I was finally coming to grips with it - then THIS thread shows up.

Looks like it's back to the psychiatrist for me.

Oh, and while I'm confessing, I may as well admit that I also like my burgers without vegetables (just bun, meat, and mustard), which gets me even more grief than the cereal thing - though in this case I can always order my burger fully loaded to avoid the burger shaming, then remove the veggies and surreptitiously throw them away.. Can't do that with cereal and milk.

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    astrp3 said:

Stop trying to hijack the thread with off-topic comments! Let stay on topic!

Milk or no milk? 

Gotta be milk, if it's Grapenuts, you milk and then wait 5 minutes. 

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this is a sensitive topic to me. I am a lifelong dry cereal eater. That's right people, I don't put any milk on my cereal. None whatsoever. I actually love milk (at one point I drank a gallon a day) and cereal and have to have milk with my cereal, just not together. I eat some cereal, swallow it, THEN drink some milk so that the only mixing occurs in my stomach (where the sogginess doesn't bother me).

All my life, I have taken grief over this. People look at me like I'm a freak when I order dry cereal . Waitrons ask me "You mean you want cereal WITHOUT MILK?!?!?!?" It may sound like they're clarifying, but the hurtful accusations are loud and clear. I was finally coming to grips with it - then THIS thread shows up.

Looks like it's back to the psychiatrist for me.

Oh, and while I'm confessing, I may as well admit that I also order my burgers without vegetables (just bun, meat, and mustard), which gets me even more grief than the cereal thing - though in this case I can always order my burger fully loaded to avoid the shame, then remove the veggies and surreptitiously throw them away.

This topic needs its own thread. I, too, am a dry cereal eater (altho I feel no shame!) but NO, just NO! to putting vegetables on a burger. The vegetables are eaten by the cow and I eat the cow (in burger form) thus eating the vegetables as well. You are doing it right! Don't listen to the others!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Moved to Off Topic
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Beer40 said:
    This topic needs its own thread. I, too, am a dry cereal eater (altho I feel no shame!) but NO, just NO! to putting vegetables on a burger. The vegetables are eaten by the cow and I eat the cow (in burger form) thus eating the vegetables as well. You are doing it right! Don't listen to the others!

Thanks for the support Beer. And you've given me a great idea. Hows about if I raise cows that eat lettuce, pickles, onions, tomatoes, mustard, ketchup, and hamburger buns. Then you can just have the patty and get the whole nine yards.

And speaking of topics that need their own thread, I didn't cop to my biggest food sin of all - I put ketchup on my hot dogs. And this one, I do proudly with no shame at all - despite (or actually because of) the fact that I get more than just grief for it but downright hostility from the many anti-ketchup hot dog Nazis out there (and there are a lot of them).

Some hot dog establishments refuse to even serve ketchup or those who want it. Others take a middle ground position - they will bring you ketchup, but won't put it on the dog for you. This was the case when I ate at the Superdawg drive-in in Chicago, which other than the ketchup thing was absolutely awesome (but how could a place with an anthropomorphic hot-dog-strongman NOT be awesome?)

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every day at work, I had numerous bowls of chocolate cereal, and then I drank the chocolate milk. Delicious, but maybe not super healthy.

Now I'm having one bowl of chocolate cereal and then the rest of Cheerios... not as tasty, but perhaps the tiniest bit more healthy. We'll see.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    @astrp3

Ketchup on hot dogs all day!!!!!!! Forget the shamers, don't patronize a place that won't give you ketchup!!!!!

To everyone else, the only time I drink milk is in my cereal, other than that I find milk to be disgusting. You all realize we are the only species that drinks another species "****" milk?!?!?!?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Milk Jugz said:
    @astrp3

Ketchup on hot dogs all day!!!!!!! Forget the shamers, don't patronize a place that won't give you ketchup!!!!!

To everyone else, the only time I drink milk is in my cereal, other than that I find milk to be disgusting. You all realize we are the only species that drinks another species "tinykitty" milk?!?!?!?
    1.  Milk is delicous
    2. That's an name for someone who hates milk...

Also what's the no ketchup on hot dogs thing?  I've never seen anyone againist it and most people I know only use it or it and mustard.
  • Milk Jugz
    broll said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    @astrp3

To everyone else, the only time I drink milk is in my cereal, other than that I find milk to be disgusting. You all realize we are the only species that drinks another species "tinykitty" milk?!?!?!?
    1.  Milk is delicous

Also what's the no ketchup on hot dogs thing?  I've never seen anyone againist it and most people I know only use it or it and mustard.
    Yeah, there is a story behind my name...... When I joined MPQ and went to create an in game name I wanted something with titanium in it. But the game wouldn't allow that because it contains a  three letter word (the first three) describing what women have on their chest (well all of us really but you know). I got upset and viola... Milk Jugz was born!!!!
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    @astrp3

1.  Milk is delicous

Its a real thing, I think you get flogged for putting ketchup on a dog in Chicago...   I'm all for ketchup and spicy brown mustard on dogs, but I prefer relish and onions on that bad boy too, unless of course youre doing chilli, in which case you also need cheese.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    @astrp3

1.  Milk is delicous

Its a real thing, I think you get flogged for putting ketchup on a dog in Chicago...   I'm all for ketchup and spicy brown mustard on dogs, but I prefer relish and onions on that bad boy too, unless of course youre doing chilli, in which case you also need cheese.

Where I am in po dunk Ohio you get flogged for calling a hot dog a dog... lol. 
  • MissChinch
    broll said:
    broll said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    @astrp3

1.  Milk is delicous

tube steak?  or Weiner? 
  • Milk Jugz
    broll said:
    broll said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    @astrp3

1.  Milk is delicous

tube steak?  or Weiner? 
    Just about peed myself when I read this..... Thank you, needed a good laugh
  • MissChinch
    Milk Jugz said:
    broll said:
    broll said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    @astrp3

1.  Milk is delicous

tube steak?  or Weiner? 
    Just about peed myself when I read this..... Thank you, needed a good laugh

good, its Friday and these forums suck...  that's about all I got, it wasn't much... 

Looking forward to the boards rejuvenating next week when they announce a new improved HfH store, a fix to vaulting, massive public list of cheater bans, double iso next event, SCL9, PvE scaling reward revamp emphasizing progression over placement and hints at a 6* tier happening around Christmas

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Milk Jugz said:
    @astrp3

After reading your post...and reading your username,..the only logical conclusion I can draw is that you've named yourself **** on the Forum! That deserves a like and a LOL but you only get one now :/
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I adopt a two step plan for cereal - one bowl full of cereal, and a glass of milk with a straw in it. Put a spoon full of dry cereal in my mouth, slurp a swig of milk, then crunch and munch. I can eat it at whatever place I choose and not get soggy city going on with my Pops. Gotta have my Pops! 
  • Milk Jugz
    One more thing on my in game/forum name. I can't help but think of Ben Stiller in the ending credits of Dodgeball.

Fatty make a funny? 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk.

I tried orange juice once when we had no milk. I do not recommend that.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Once had to use water. Works okay on Cocoa Puffs. Avoid with all other cereals. 
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Use coffee once but had to eat it fast before it got soggy! 
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    I'm a cereal killer. 

I prefer milk but I can eat it without.