The Hulk was my most favorite event, but....

Comments

• Nemek wrote:
    I'd be curious as to where you're pulling the "working exactly as intended, no change planned" quote from.
    Not a quote, just creative interpretation. There has been a noticeable lack of official responses in regards to scaling. Sure, there were some tweaks, like the mystery fix at the beginning of Thick as Thieves that was supposed to correct some scaling bug. And the ceiling on encounters that limited the level 230 opponents to, well, level 230. Given the huge amount of negative scaling feedback from the community it's very unlikely they wouldn't have written something if things weren't going exactly as planned. Anything to keep players on the verge of quitting to stick around a little longer. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, for me the unwritten message currently is "live with it, what you see is all you'll ever get".
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scaling system is just good for new players. Period. For the rest of us is a big disadvantage, fights are more difficult and last longer than for new players and It forces you to play with either Spidey or Magneto.

This is not fun. Before you played against the 230 lvl when you wanted to win the biggest rewards, now all the fights are against 230s! Before these fights were saved for the last fight of the sub-event. Now there is not this sense of big/important battle anymore, because all the battles are the same.

And the system was far more fair before to everybody. New players competed first for 2* characters, then after a while for 3* and in the end for 4*. Now they compete directly for 3*, without winning and leveling first their 2* rooster. I does not have any sense. I have seen a lot of players with 3* in the 50-80 level without any 2* in those levels.

I started playing with this system and it was really fun. You start to see how your team starts to grow and win power, first 1*, later 2* and finally 3*. It is a good progression!

I hope this event is exactely the same way it was the other time. If it is not it would be a pitty.
  • I liked scaling on last pve icon_rolleyes.gif
    NO to grinding~
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Those who are in favor of Scaling, all I keep hearing is this bloody pathetic excuse:

Hurray for scaling! Screw all the mid-tier players! Tinykitty up all these players with 230 mobs so that they can't complete! Scaling will screw these guys up, so they can't fight with me! That means that I don't have to work hard at all by grinding to get the best prizes!

These are the selfish lazy players, who instead of choosing to grind and work hard, opt to have an option to screw all those other players, so that they themselves don't have to work hard and grind.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Those who are in favor of Scaling, all I keep hearing is this bloody pathetic excuse:

Screw all the mid-tier players! Tinykitty up all these players with 230 mobs so that they can't complete! If they can't compete, that means that I don't have to work hard at all by grinding to get the best prizes!

These are the selfish lazy players, who instead of choosing to grind and work hard, opt to have an option to screw all those other players, so that they themselves don't have to work hard and grind.

Let's keep in mind that MPQ is a game. Grinding is the antithesis of fun. I'll take scaling over grinding anytime. For sure the scaling is sub-optimal at the moment, give them time, i am sure they will fix it, it is in their own interest.
  • mechgouki wrote:

Screw all the mid-tier players! Tinykitty up all these players with 230 mobs so that they can't complete! If they can't compete, that means that I don't have to work hard at all by grinding to get the best prizes!

Soo all who have another option is an enemy to you? Grinding is a bore and SOME ppl cant spent days on a game - with all that work, sleep and other mundane stuff.
    And my mid-tier roster (only one above lvl100 and its not a "holy spidy") sez hi.
  • Sometimes I like to grind but not all the time. I'm sure the scaling will improve in time. For now, I'm happy playing this game when I'm not running after my kids heh.
  • warcin
    warcin Posts: 118
    Shimary wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

Soo all who have another option is an enemy to you? Grinding is a bore and SOME ppl cant spent days on a game - with all that work, sleep and other mundane stuff.
    And my mid-tier roster (only one above lvl100 and its not a "holy spidy") sez hi.
    Fine how about half pve events use scaling and half don't. Personally I can not stand it, for me it has destroyed the game since I am very tired of the constant 200+ fights.
  • gahudahu wrote:
    For sure the scaling is sub-optimal at the moment, give them time, i am sure they will fix it, it is in their own interest.
    Makes me curious, why do you think it's in their best interest to fix it? I suspect that the way it works right now is far more profitable for them.
  • Everyone just stop for a second. If they are smart, the devs won't put scaling in the hulk event. Not because its good or bad, but as a test run. If there are less noobs getting top spots and the feedback is mostly positive, then get rid of scaling for good. This, of course, is ignoring the fact that scaling outright sucks
  • gahudahu wrote:
    Let's keep in mind that MPQ is a game. Grinding is the antithesis of fun. I'll take scaling over grinding anytime. For sure the scaling is sub-optimal at the moment, give them time, i am sure they will fix it, it is in their own interest.

You know what else is the anthesis of fun? Fighting overpowered enemies every single **** fight. Running out of health packs. Running out of ISOs to use on boosts. Dying over and over, and over. Running kamikaze teammates into the enemies in hopes that it will lower their levels (which won't necessarily work).
    Shimary wrote:

I'm really curious to know how you've been surviving the 230 mobs. Any secrets you feel like sharing?
  • In last 2 events - i do not grind = no 230lvl mobs for me (i was lasy|busy on BP event and there was hardly more than lvl 120 (170 on goons and i killed them with 45-60 lvl 2*) still landed 2 covers for myself, for Psylock i was in top 5 and still no overflooding of max lvl like with DD pve)
    that rubberbanging makes grinding overrated anyway i why ppl forget it?
  • Exactly, last event i got top 2 as well as top for slice tourney, i leveled a 101 psy for it but other then that i poured all my iso to 141 patch n 85 obw. If i wasn't needing to heal a lvl 1 mstorm or lvl 40 cstorm was in.
    I saw 80 to at most only 170 levels by doing a run when the event started, and again when it ends. Ended up with a 2/2/2 bp foc and 150kish iso, thank god i didn't need to grind. Boost not used since hood steals anyways, cstorm n mstorm also pull their weight in pve. I'm guessing the grinders got the red pun cover, while i barely hit past green.
    I suspect is people grinding the easy missions a lot, rather then wait for points to cumulate, that are skyrocketing missions for everyone. Good thing i'm on SEA time, so that helps having less people on.

Shim: i guess people like grinding for visual acknowledgement rather then wait for rubberbanding to go into max effect.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Am I the only medium roster guy who scaling worked PERFECTLY for last event?
    I mean, At the start it was low level, and then it started hover around the 100~ levels and then when I grinded to get top score in the sub event it jumped to 180-200~ only to reset back to 100~ at the start of the next sub event set.
    And it felt GREAT.
    the first clear felt challenging but not too challenging, and then getting first place in sub event felt really challanging as if I was really fighting for first place, and I even got pretty high in the general event scores and got my two covers
    I personally enjoyed it even more then the hulk
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    If they are smart, the devs won't put scaling in the hulk event. Not because its good or bad, but as a test run. If there are less noobs getting top spots and the feedback is mostly positive, then get rid of scaling for good. This, of course, is ignoring the fact that scaling outright sucks
    We've now had four major events in sequence that had scaling, all level 230 opponents flavored. Smart isn't an option, it ceased to be that several weeks ago. Hoping that The Hulk won't have scaling is like hoping that you'll get paid money for ordering HP in their store. While it is possible, it's exceedingly unlikely, especially without any prior announcement.
  • Polares wrote:
    Scaling system is just good for new players. Period. For the rest of us is a big disadvantage, fights are more difficult and last longer than for new players and It forces you to play with either Spidey or Magneto.

This is not fun. Before you played against the 230 lvl when you wanted to win the biggest rewards, now all the fights are against 230s! Before these fights were saved for the last fight of the sub-event. Now there is not this sense of big/important battle anymore, because all the battles are the same.

And the system was far more fair before to everybody. New players competed first for 2* characters, then after a while for 3* and in the end for 4*. Now they compete directly for 3*, without winning and leveling first their 2* rooster. I does not have any sense. I have seen a lot of players with 3* in the 50-80 level without any 2* in those levels.

I started playing with this system and it was really fun. You start to see how your team starts to grow and win power, first 1*, later 2* and finally 3*. It is a good progression!

I hope this event is exactely the same way it was the other time. If it is not it would be a pitty.

Before last Hulk event I was running maxed thorverine and modern Hawkeye at 61 and got a load of covers for hulk & punisher. Levelling these through the hulk event I got them into their 80's and then thorverine nerf hit.......
    This allowed me to sell them at a premium and pump the iso into hulk/punisher and then HP into shields in PVP. Now my roster shows 3x 3* lvl 100+ followed by modern hawkeye at 61 and then new thor at silly low level and modern storm at lvl6 (both with a few covers). This does not reflect as may indicate that I was able to skip the 2* range and may be similar for a good few other players out there
  • I'd like to note that although I placed top 5 in the first 6 sub events and then placed in the top 5 or 15 in the rest I still didn't meet any level 230 except for one fight.
    so I really find it weird that everyone was fighting level 230.
    And no, I don't have a low level roster for the most part.
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3050
  • It would be nice to have some events free of scaling, more laid back events - ideally permanent stuff like the Prologue. Scaling has improved marginally over the last few events, but I'm not sure I'll ever truly enjoy fighting walls of 230s. Which is where it always ends up for me lol
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    mechgouki wrote:
    I am at least 80% certain that they have full intentions of ruining this with their **** scaling effects.

I loved the Hulk event. It was doable, with enemies at various levels, some reaching up to 240, but certainly not for ALL the battles. 90% of the battles were actually something that were achievable, even without Thorverine at the pre-nerf state.

Best part is, everyone gets Hulk covers once enough points were reached. We reached the quota, we get one random Hulk cover, no questions asked.

I'm kinda worried that they will completely ruin this with the bloody scaling effect.

The devs have some kind of selective hearing super-power, that lets them ignore time again and again what we have been saying. WE DON'T WANT SCALING!!

The devs just don't seem to get it....

The devs have a fantastic power. It's called reading the stats about how many people are playing and participating and spending money. It is so much more effective than listening to the same whine repeated over and over again like the rest of us have to put up with. More people are participating and spending, so you are a very vocal extreme minority.

If it's as bad as you whine about every single post why haven't you quit weeks ago? Obvious answer is because it isn't bad or terrible but you just like to be a whiney martyr. It's gotten beyond old and boring at this point.
  • ladder: is it in part due to your insane character line up?
    I've read scary things about you.....

as for that guy, for having a streetfighter name, he seems to whine and vent like a girl. Then again it'd be kinda insulting to our females, with the many strong willed ones I've met in the army, so lets leave it at he whines like a scrub(SF arcade term).