Lessons from Blizzard

Options
Dekayd
Dekayd Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
Recently, Blizzard announced a few notable changes to Hearthstone. Most would consider it the flagship online CCG. This brings positive changes to the game and gives more to every player! I think that there are some lessons learned here for MTGPQ, for which we have seen a downward trend of giving to its player base instead. Here is a summary for your information:
  • Guaranteed non-duplicate Legendary when you open one until you own all the Legendary cards from a set
  • You will never open more than two of the same card in a pack (you can put up to two of the same card in a deck in Hearthstone) 
  • Guaranteed Legendary in the first 10 packs of a new set
I'm sure that these kind of improvements in MTGPQ would be more than welcome by every single player!

I'm also sure it's been asked a million times, but let's ask again: Guaranted non-dupe mythics and masterpieces with an improved drop rate or at least a better drop rate in the first packs!
These changes would have an overwhelmingly positive impact for both players and D3's business! Let's have it already.

Thanks

Comments

• ROYGBV00
    ROYGBV00 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Agreed, but D3 is greedy, and they know their precious whales will pay.  Sadly.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the most interesting point are the guaranteed non-duplicate mythics.
    Not only because it really feels wrong to get a dupe mythic, but because it directly influences the value of cards from elite packs and also cards, that are accessible by $$$. Increasing the value of a product makes it more attractive for possible buyers,  so in my eyes it would not even interfer with the idea to maximize profits. Also, with the dramatic nerfs of mythic drop rates (as event rewards, not in packs) it wouldn't even have that much of an impact, but still make the game much more rewarding.
    (and what is the point of calling a company greedy? Generating profits is basically the only reason why the concept of companies exist)

Dupes in one pack..well, I never had the same rare twice in one booster, everything below is a dupe, so it's annoying but would have nearly no impact.

Guaranteed mythic in the first ten packs.. Well, I'll take every guaranteed mythic, but would still focus on the first point.