Time taken to achieve first 4* champion?

2»

Comments

• 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Over a year. First one was Medusa. Just today I champed Fury, my fourth one thanks to the Heroes for Hire. Likely to be another year before I champ another one thanks to the devs.
    —I'm on day 458—
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Joined the game a couple of months before the second anniversary, and got my first 4star right away (happened to join during the Captain Falcon release event. I haven't gotten all the covers for it yet). My first champion 4star was Red Hulk during the latest boss event that gave it as progression reward. I think it was the most recent Civil War. Since then I have champed five or so others, and have other three fully covered waiting for their chance.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed my first 4 star around November of last year...so about a year and under a half since I started playing. 
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Took me almost three years. It's hard to compare that timeline to the current game though, because there's so many more ways to get 4 stars now than there used to be. 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I think day 370 something?  I do not spend any $$$ on this game.

It was Hulkbuster and it was before CPs and just after 5*s were introduced.  I think I got my 13th cover during a Galactus event.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Jaffzz said:
    How are people champing 4s so fast im at like day 330 and I have a few 4s with like 1- 2 covers each.  
    People have to play every day and complete every event basically.  For 2+ years now, I've spent 5+ hours a day in PvE and PvP.  I've basically missed 1-3 days total of daily rewards and tacos.  I also have never spent $$$, so I have to earn everything.

Now that vaulting exists with command points, it's a lot easier.  I've championed 5 since vaulting happened since the 4* pool is very small now.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

It was over a year before I championed my first 4* but I was intentionally softcapping and drawing from a much larger pool...   In general its gotten easier and easier to get chances to pull 4*s.

I would seriously consider revising your goals though, the game is not designed to allow for you to champion all or even most of the 3*s before you champion a subset of the 4*s.  

A large majority of the 3* tier is vaulted away and unable to be obtained by pulling your normal tokens, same goes for the 4* tier, so you're best off getting used to the idea that you wont be getting the majority of 3*s in any significant numbers before you get in a cover crunch with 4*s you have to champion or loose.

Theres about a million posts on the topic of vaulting, you'll find it all, people telling you this is better and you shouldn't be concerned about wanting those heroes, and people saying its worse, that you wont be able to get the heroes everyone else already has, and you wont ever get the new ones to high level before they go into the vault.

One things for certain though, anyone starting now requires much less effort to get a 4* champion than at any other time in the game.

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017

I started playing on November 17, 2016 and champed my first three 4*s on May 26. That's about six months. but I could have done it earlier had I not chosen to finish  champing my 3*s first or champ multiple 4*s at the same time.

But I play a lot - full clears on every PvE, ca top 50 in every PvP, plus ISO mining a number of lightning rounds. I'm also in a pretty good alliance with players who buy HP fairly regularly. I have also been a VIP since not long after I started playing and spent a good deal of money when I was in the 2-3* transition (not so much since then). I do not farm 2*s, however, nor do I share rewards with Facebook friends.  And I had most of my 3*s champed when vaulting was introduced, except for a handful that had ca 9-12 covers (and I was able to use BH to finish off those). I also had all but about three or four 4*s rostered when vaulting was introduced, which helped in terms of being able to do BB every day (and once again, I was able to use BH to roster the few vaulted 4*s I was missing).

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I champed my first 4 at day 204 (Spider Gwen)  I have 16 champed 4s at day 362.
  • nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    I heard it took only 10 minutes for a Saudi Arabian Prince to Champion all 5 stars.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I think I championed Cho somewhere in the 850-900 day range.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    My first 4* champ was around year ago so it was something like day 800-850.

Since that day I constantly champ one 4* character each 2 weeks.
    Today on day 1181 I have 29 4*'s champed.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    smoq84 said:
    My first 4* champ was around year ago so it was something like day 800-850.

Since that day I constantly champ one 4* character each 2 weeks.
    Today on day 1181 I have 29 4*'s champed.
    You give me hope.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    560 days or thereabouts. I had been using my actual (rare) LT but not CP to do pulls, because my focus was on getting everyone who came my way (via LT or HT) rostered, but not developing the 4* until I had all the (easier to access) 3* champed and no longer needing iso.

At points that was a hamsterwheel treadmill of despair as I kept getting extra covers from progression/placement/standard tokens and then had to hurry up and champ the character before the extra cover expired. I couldn’t get off of it because if I kept playing the PVE, I actually COULD manage to champ them all in time, so I did.

After that was done, I took a deep breath… and vaulting was promptly introduced. I had a few 4*s who had 11 or 12 covers at that point, and they’re still stuck there but I spent the majority of my 800+CP, got covers for a lot of more recent characters, and ended up being able to champ Bl4de off progression reward from a PVE. Gwenpool followed shortly after that (maybe a week later?), and looking forward to Medusa who has 4 covers on the vine, and the 2 covers I need coming up as progression in the next PVE.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    I probably got my first 4* somewhere around 200-250 days in.  My first was Star-Lord, shortly after the Boss Event that rewarded him in the alliance progression.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    While I dont remember the exact day, i had my first 4* champed (Cyclops) in December of 2015 which would have put me at around 6-700 days. Currently at day 1110 or something like that now. 

When I see newbies getting 4* champs within 100 days, I know the game has changed significantly since I started.