Nodes of Power unequal level matchups

Options
DBJones
DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
In Nodes of Power, I won with my level 53 Gideon then swapped to the node where I had my level 26 Nissa, and got matched up against a level 60 Nissa. I also got matched up against level 60s with my level 27 Chandra and level 26 Jace. As soon as I lost with Nissa and healed up, it matched me up against a level 35-ish like normal.
I play on android, by the way.
Tagged:

Comments

• julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DBJones said:
    In Nodes of Power, I won with my level 53 Gideon then swapped to the node where I had my level 26 Nissa, and got matched up against a level 60 Nissa. I also got matched up against level 60s with my level 27 Chandra and level 26 Jace. As soon as I lost with Nissa and healed up, it matched me up against a level 35-ish like normal.
    I play on android, by the way.

This follows the way that the game's matchmaking is working now. In an event, the game matches you with an opponent whose level is based on the level of the last PW you used. As you can see, it can be very problematic when playing a multi-node event with PWs of varying level.

It is unclear if this is a bug or intended behavior, and I'm not aware of any official response from the developers.

But, there is a workaround that players have figured out. When completing a match with a lower leveled PW, immediately get the next match for that PW but don't play it. This will lock in an opponent of the appropriate level and you can then go on to play a match with another PW. You just have to make sure you always do this before playing your other matches.

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ouch, that is very broken. Matching by level isn't good enough in the first place though... Matching needs to take into account level _and_ number of mythics/masterpieces in deck.
    It's easy to beat someone a lot bigger than you, but it's _NOT_ easy to beat someone even the same size as you if their deck is full of mythics/masterpieces.
    My wife and kids are new players and are about to quit because they can almost NEVER win against the current elitism.
    The game has a huge problem with power creep and elitism and new players are not welcome, this will ultimately kill the entire game. Making things safe for new players is critical.