Why so many 20 iso rewards?

Options
daveomite
daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello everyone... new member here.

Fairly recent player in the last few weeks. Was playing the prologue, but got tired of constantly playing/replaying levels again and again and only getting 20iso, even though I have 2-3 rewards left to get in that level. I've literally played the same level 5-6 times back to back and still only got 20 iso. I've done the same exact thing on numerous other levels too. It just makes it taxing instead of fun. Levels do get a bit boring the more and more you play it, not to mention, having to heal up/wait to heal any characters afterwards. There are a lot of levels, and at this rate, it will take forever if you REALLY intend on completing each and every one of them and getting all the rewards.

I had moved on and focused on the weekly event they just finished yesterday and finished 1st (for Black Panther and 4star Wolvie). So, I do play often (too much lately in fact, lol) - and was generally in the top 2 of all of the daily contests each day. I do play, and do replay numerous levels. But it's just that some of them get to the point of utter frustration when you obviously keep winning it, sometimes easily - but you still only get 20iso... when I may be trying to get the 500iso, 250iso, standard card, boost, etc rewards instead. That same thing happened to me on the daily levels too... I kept trying to get the rewards by replaying levels (which I needed to anyway for points) - but out of 8 levels in one daily contest, I might have been lucky to get all of the rewards for 2 of them. May have gotten 3 for the rest - and i played them all over and over and over again. But still, majority of 20iso won.

I assume I can't be the only one encountering this, right?

Comments

• SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Nope it's **** and honestly it baffles me that it hasn't been changed yet. I don't see how this hurts their bottom line if its removed, it just frustrates people and frustration leads to people just giving this game up. It's a big reason why a few friends of mine have not stuck with the game.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Gotcha. Yeah... earlier today, what actually added to it, I selected a team for another replay of a level in the Venom prologue section - loaded up the match, then for the first time ever, the game crashed. When I got the game back up and running, all of the heroes were injured, as if I retreated from the match when I didn't. Not that big of a deal. Just made the process that much worse at the moment.
  • the ISO won should scale or be raised to 50 at the very least. 10 matches for 500 ISO feels better than doing 25 to get the same amount. Also, if there are rewards, they should just randomly give you one for each completion, then the ISO base thereafter. It makes no sense to hold out on these rewards.
  • Unfortunately its been a topic since Day 1, but they don't seem to care. Or rather, they have never addressed it as something they are looking to correct.
  • Well it can be added to the (apparently) long list of broken mechanics in the game. I still have fun playing, but it's losing my interest fast seeing how everything has some stupid gimmick mechanic which punishes people who play and rewards those who metagame.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Figures. I mean, it's not enough to make me completely give up on the game, as I think it's great overall. But, given something like the current Black Panther event going on - there is really no way to do both that and any of the Prologue AND be able to continue to replay levels again and again to get the rewards. I started the Black Panther run - then decided to just focus time on the Prologue sections I hadn't completed fully... so far I spent most of the day winning 20 iso awards over and over again.

Bugs me more on levels where you can get 2 Classic Storm covers in one match - or a Thor cover in another. Played both levels at least 20 times each so far, still no covers at all. It would be nice to buff up my CStorm or Thor with those cards, but if it takes that much to get them, it kind of loses it's shine. It's not the difficultly that gets me, it's the time investment I would have to make. To know that, before even beginning that level, it will probably take me most of the day to actually win even one of the covers, regardless of if I won every match round. That just makes me not even want to bother trying it again at times.

I'm simply not interested in paying to heal up injured characters over and over again. So obviously, that means taking a break for a while. Right now, I have 22 characters (and yes, I DID pay for some additional slots) - and right now, most are in a medical bay getting some blood transfusions as I worked em until they all bled, then shut the game off so they can all heal. But I suspect, if I kept playing the same level over and over - and paid to keep my crew healed up so I could play it even more over and over, I'd probably already have all of those cards, and the associated iso rewards, etc.

Thanks to all for the replies... glad I'm not the only one who has run into that issue. I just really hope weird bugs like this don't drive away too many people because it really is a great match game overall.
  • Well I was going for Wolvie covers from the prologue this morning. Won first two fairly easily, 20 ISO. Won third, got bled pretty hard, got one Wolvie. Healing packed up (had my 5 regen'd), AI went on a tear and wiped my team in record time. Then I got wiped again in the tourney, then wiped again on another prologue with another team.

Then I shut off the game and cleaned my house so I didn't break my brand new iPad in a fit of rage lol.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Pawkeshup wrote:
    Well it can be added to the (apparently) long list of broken mechanics in the game. I still have fun playing, but it's losing my interest fast seeing how everything has some stupid gimmick mechanic which punishes people who play and rewards those who metagame.
    +100500
    I do not mind that people who got the hang of the meta are doing well, I just wish people who simply want to play (play hard, play a lot, play for the fun) would not get punished. 20 iso 10 times in a row is a form of punishment, a 10th circle of Hell.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think an easy fix to this is that the percentage chance of winning a non-20 iso prize increases by 15% each time you win the 20 iso, so that you would have to play a maximum of 4 times before guaranteed a prize.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think an easy fix to this is that the percentage chance of winning a non-20 iso prize increases by 15% each time you win the 20 iso, so that you would have to play a maximum of 4 times before guaranteed a prize.

Something like this would work. It would still be frustrating beating a 230-level team and getting 20-iso, but at least you'd know there was a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • I think an easy fix to this is that the percentage chance of winning a non-20 iso prize increases by 15% each time you win the 20 iso, so that you would have to play a maximum of 4 times before guaranteed a prize.

I really like that idea. At least you know your hard work isn't going to waste.

My personal record is having a replay a mission 9(!) times before I got another other than 20 ISO, and that was with 3 of the 4 rewards still available. I worked out the odds of that happening, assuming it's a 50/50 chance of 20 ISO which IceIX stated it is - it's around a 0.02% chance that I should've had to play 9 times to win that reward. I wasn't surprised that when I brought this up in a thread it was completely ignored.
  • I was getting really annoyed at this during the last PVE event, even after 3 or 4 clears I was finding that many of the missions were still sat at 1/4 rewards earned. Honestly they should make it work like this:

You play through a mission the first time and are guaranteed a reward, second play through there are 3 rewards left, so 75% chance of one of them and 25% chance of 20ISO. Next time with only 2 rewards left, 66.6% chance of the reward and 33.3% for the ISO, and finally with 1 reward left a flat 50/50 split, problem sorted! icon_e_geek.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I definitely did missions at least 7 times sometimes in the last event to even get a reward as I did the 5 reps and then had to play at least 2 times more to even get 1 reward of the 3 remaining. It's pretty irritating.
  • I've said this before, but I think that, when you haven't gotten all the rewards, the probability of getting the 20 ISO should halve each time until you get a reward, at which point it could reset. For example, it's 50/50 you get reward/20 ISO now the first time, it should be 75/25 the second, 87.5/12.5 the third, etc. - it would significantly reduce the frustration factor with this because there'd be almost no chance of the 8-time runs where you get 20 ISO.
  • daveomite
    Options
    I second locked's "10th circle of Hell" comment. Definitely does seem that way at times. And again, thanks for all of the replies on here. Being a new player to the game, thought it might get bypassed. I can't believe so many others are running into the same thing though. I would think they'd have a better way of dealing with that.

I was running several of the prologue missions again today. Set myself up with Jugs, CStorm and Hawkeye. Several rounds with the soldiers, never even got touched. But still, was only getting 20iso 95% of the time. Finally managed to get the final rewards from 2 separate levels today, but it took constant matches over and over and over again to get there. Still have a ways to go. The time investment alone today was a bit bonkers honestly, can't do that everyday for sure.

I wouldn't be so bad if it was at least a bit more respectable number. Like what Pawkeshup said, 50 iso would at least be a better pull at the end of a match than 20. Or maybe it's at least 50iso, but ONLY when there are still rewards to be won. Once all the rewards are all won/claimed, then it falls to 20iso. Once they are all won, the chance of replaying that level drop dramatically, as I'm sure those who are replaying levels are just trying to get all the rewards. At least in the prologue.

In PvP - sure a lot more replays will happen to gain more points. But that's what made it even more frustrating to me. Some of those levels in the ISO-8 Brotherhood event that just happened, I know I played some of those daily ones up to 20+ times trying to get all of the rewards. Could have been ISO, or some small Hero Coin amount, or even Standard card pulls. What's the point of showing you awards that you can win if the chance of actually winning them is one in a thousand?

Take a level that has 4 rewards to win - and you play it 20+ times, only winning one award... that seems a bit skewed. Then having to repeat that same process for every other level in the daily game, may have just been 5 levels, or 7+ of them. That would mean replaying levels upwards of 100-140 times - and at approx. 5 minutes per match average (unless you manage to have a massive cascade go for or against you) - that would mean near 10-12 hours of play time in a day.

At least in the prologue, you can replay any time you want - in the daily events, you have 24 hours, and that's only if you choose to not sleep any and maybe call in to work sick.
  • MNKromann
    MNKromann Posts: 31
    Options
    I finished collecting all prologue rewards today. And yeah, those 20 iso rewards can make one rage.

I'm ready for chapter 1 now!