Cycle is killing the game (BORING)

arevala
arevala Posts: 53 Match Maker
edited June 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Before i read those comments saying standard is good now its more stablished... i was about to post that cycle ability is a nice but also a BORING mechanic. Yes, u can win, and in your second turn, after cycling 200 cards you give one hit with your drakes and your opponent is down. But that really skips any other mythic or worthy card you can have.

Now just put:
Drake Haven https://beta.mtgpq.info/cards/DrakeHaven and New Perspectives https://beta.mtgpq.info/cards/NewPerspectives

and fill your deck with the more basic cards you have with cycle and you can win any match you want.

I explain myself: AKH block is a SINGLE based strategy block. BORING. This really kills any other way of construct your deck since the efectivity of cycle=summon2/2=gan3mana=cycle and so on. And it gets worse when you see new Nissa 2nd skill. So, nosense of playing any expensive god or mega mythic masterpiece around.

This is really frustrating, What do you think...?

Comments

• Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    We have two threads about cycling already. So as to "What do you think...?", I suggest checking out those threads to find out.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I just don't use cycle like that for this very reason - it's boring. And hurts. So I use cycling only to support other strategies.. No problems with competitiveness so far. One could say that cycling is balanced because it is boring.
  • arevala
    arevala Posts: 53 Match Maker
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    don't use cycle, hurts wrists too much.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Then don't build a cycle deck. Easy win and be bored (one could argue pig, Olivia, deploy, etc make the game boring and easy too) or challenge yourself and maybe take a loss here and there. It's not that hard to figure out.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Then don't build a cycle deck. Easy win and be bored (one could argue pig, Olivia, deploy, etc make the game boring and easy too) or challenge yourself and maybe take a loss here and there. It's not that hard to figure out.
    You're missing a third option; play a different, more balanced game.

//Removed Product Advertisement -Brigby
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    shteev said:

//Removed Product Advertisement -Brigby
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm on the part of shteev, or an actual alteration of his post.

Either way, well....it certainly speaks volumes.