Coalition Trades at a Cost

Would it be feasible to allow coalition members to trade cards for some cost? Perhaps an expenditure of mana jewels or trade coupons or whatever? Realizing that this would need to be a limited practice and that this is a business, is there a feasible way to accomplish this or would the coding be too problematic?

Comments

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    What would stop a player from simply hopping around into different coalition after another completing trades? And if that is acceptable, why limit it to just trades between coalition members in the first place?
  • gillkonam
    gillkonam Posts: 70 Match Maker
    First, it would cost, so regardless of which coalition they were in, the mechanic would be self-limiting. Second, keeping it to coalition members is simply an add-on for the coalition feature as a whole.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Honestly, I'd be happy with a donate feature. There are a lot of cards I'm sitting on like 7 of that people I know don't have. While I can understand not wanting us to hand out rares and mythics, I don't really see how hooking up a cast out for a teammate would hurt anything. 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are already enough things in motion to kill this game. We don't need this.
  • gillkonam
    I appreciate your opinion Khurram, but just because things are broken doesn't mean they can't be made better. That's like saying the boat is sinking, so lets just plug the holes rather than plan to make it even more seaworthy. If we ask for it, if we demand it, then it might just happen and it might be a better game. Or we can say nothing, and nothing will be done. I'm not much for the later.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    What would stop a player from simply hopping around into different coalition after another completing trades? And if that is acceptable, why limit it to just trades between coalition members in the first place?
    ^^This pretty much sums it up. 

I'd much prefer a bug-free game and booster crafting. Let's keep our eye on the prize. 
  • gillkonam
    bken1234 said:

I'd much prefer a bug-free game and booster crafting. Let's keep our eye on the prize. 
    Can they not work on chewing down the street and walking gum at the same time?
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    gillkonam said:
    bken1234 said:

Can they not work on chewing down the street and walking gum at the same time?
    Yeah, got to side with the devs on that one, bug hunting can be a bit of a nightmare and with the bugs in this game we are bound to have issues like a game crashing in the middle of the trade at the point after the card is removed from your collection and before the card you traded for is put in. Better to wait a bit on this one, as much as I would like to see trading, possibly with a coalition or general trade market and wishlist system, let them get what we have already stable before putting in something else that would possibly introduced more instability.