****Mysterio (Classic)****

JamesV
JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
I was tooling around trying to figure out a way to add a new trickster style character.

Mysterio (Classic) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

MW6M93c.jpg

At Max Level: HP: 13934 Tile Damage: 11/10/11/73/64/82/3.5x npxo

blackflag.png Hallucinogenic Gas: 7 Black (Active)
Mysterio uses his hallucinogenic gas to tricks his foes into believing he and his allies are more powerful than they thought! Places a 4 turn black countdown tile that adds 50 additional damage to every match he and his allies makes, and prevents 25 damage from enemy matches.
    Level 2: Adds 80 damage, prevents 40 damage. Level 3: Adds 110 damage, prevents 55 damage. (at 270: 210/105) Level 4: Adds 160 damage, prevents 80 damage. (at 270: 304/152) Level 5: Adds 220 damage, prevents 110 damage. (at 270: 418/209)

purpleflag.png Holographic projections: 8 Purple (Active)
Mysterio sets up a series of holographic traps that confuses his foes and tilts the board into his favor! Places 3 random trap tiles that when an enemy matches drains 3 AP in the color of the trap and creates a 1 turn countdown tile that converts 2 basic tiles into black or green tiles.
    Level 2: Converts 3 basic tiles into black tiles. Level 3: Converts 4 basic tiles into black tiles. Level 4: Converts 5 basic tiles into black tiles. Level 5: Converts 6 basic tiles into black tiles.

greenflag.png Electronic Mastery: 9 Green (Active)
Mystery attacks from all sides with an arsenal of electronic gadgets dealing different damage to each member of the enemy team. Deals 650 damage to the target and additional damage to each remaining enemy (430 damage to center, 210 damage to back).
    Level 2: Deals 930/602/294 damage. Level 3: Deals 1302/842/412 damage. (at 270: 2473/1520/782) Level 4: Deals 1823/1179/577 damage. (at 270: 3463/2240/1096) Level 5: Deals 2552/1650/808 damage (at 270: 4848/3135/1535)

Comments

• catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I like cover you picked, he is the hero i been hoping be added to the game. (along with half dozen or so) I think needs a unique ability, being able to stun an enemy for 3 turns and transforming to another 4 star hero with full abilities and health for a cost 12 (not sure).

Instead of stunning he could create a fortified timer that allows him to stay transformed. Or he could also do an ability that is similar to avengers assemble but its a timer, each turn an (spiderman villian or hero) appears performing their ability. I might have gotten mysterio and chameleon abilities mixed up icon_e_confused.gif Just not fan of traps but nice effort!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is an excellent example of how to build a new character.

Novel mechanics which are both useful solo or as a team and in general very suited to the character as well

If THIS mysterio was added to the game I would not be disappointed at all.
  • Aerospade777
    Aerospade777 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    D3 MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I like it.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    I like cover you picked, he is the hero i been hoping be added to the game. (along with half dozen or so) I think needs a unique ability, being able to stun an enemy for 3 turns and transforming to another 4 star hero with full abilities and health for a cost 12 (not sure).

Instead of stunning he could create a fortified timer that allows him to stay transformed. Or he could also do an ability that is similar to avengers assemble but its a timer, each turn an (spiderman villian or hero) appears performing their ability. I might have gotten mysterio and chameleon abilities mixed up icon_e_confused.gif Just not fan of traps but nice effort!
    Like Mystique?! lol......Nothing new dude, don't really know why the hell Mysterio should transform/shapechange like Mystique does..
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Looks interesting
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Hey...wasn't Mysterio the one to trick Wolverine into killing all the X-men in the OML storyline?  If so, wouldn't it be great to use that as a power.  Have Mysterio trick the player into thinking he is attacking an enemy, when in fact it damages an ally?  Maybe have a trap tile, where if so much damage is going to hit Mysterio, it is then negated and inflicted (with some reduction as to not overpower?) on a random ally.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    heybub said:
    Hey...wasn't Mysterio the one to trick Wolverine into killing all the X-men in the OML storyline?  If so, wouldn't it be great to use that as a power.  Have Mysterio trick the player into thinking he is attacking an enemy, when in fact it damages an ally?  Maybe have a trap tile, where if so much damage is going to hit Mysterio, it is then negated and inflicted (with some reduction as to not overpower?) on a random ally.
    I suggested something similar in another thread.  My suggestion was to have a countdown tile that while that tile was on the board your enemy's match damage for X color damaged themselves.  I like it being match damage by color because it's unique and because it has the double threat of damage and limiting ability to build AP for that color.