edited June 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
The original Sinister Six:
  1. Doctor Octopus
  2. Electro
  3. Kraven The Hunter *edit
  4. Mysterio
  5. Sandman
  6. Vulture (MCU - Homecoming)
1c: I am excited for Electro's animations. I hope they go with the oldskool bolthead.
1c: When Mysterio has his PvP i will ship OML every.single.time. so that, to quote the bard:
King Henry VI, Part 3:
"Why, I can smile and murder whiles I smile,
And cry 'content' to that which grieves my heart,
And wet my cheeks with artificial tears,
And frame my face for all occasions"
Q's:
Who are you most eager to see?
Is Kraven the "leaked" toon that reinforces tiles, including trap tiles?!?
What about other versions of the six? Insidious, Sinister Twelve, I don't have him: does goblin have the affiliation?
Power speculation? 
Who else gets the 5/3 treatment?
Whats your lineup order for the eventual bosh rush wave?

Edited for fanboy wishful dreaming

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    i am certain of vulture simply because he is the upcoming villain in the upcoming movie. 

I hope to see Kraven because he's such a cool character. 

The 6 you quoted were the original sinister 6. i remember there were other versions of Sin6.... was lizard and venom ever part of it?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far, the ones I'm seeing with SS affiliation are Green Goblin, both versions of Doc Ock, Eddie Brock Venom, Carnage, and Sandman. Don't think I missed any, but it's possible. 

If I had to guess, I think it will be likely we get a Vulture closer to Spider-Man: Homecoming. I think it would be cool to get Electro, Lizard, Kraven, and Mysterio.

I'm thinking Mysterio could have a really cool illusion power where he targets a character on the opposite team, creating a countdown tile (Think Black Panther's "Panther's Prey" power). As long as the CD tile is on the board, any damage that character does will damage a random team member on his or her own team.

Match damage will hurt their own team. If they create any kind of special tile passively, it will be made for your team. Or can you imagine targeting a Muscle goon right before a Threaten tile resolves, giving those juicy strike tiles to your team? Or any of the Hitman/Sniper tiles?

Granted, it would be fairly easy to counter on defense (target Mysterio first/early; don't bring passive damage dealers; if he fires the illusion power, make sure not to use the targeted character), but it would be a pretty fun and unique power to use offensively. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kraven is in the Black Panther movie?  When did that happen?
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    Kraven is in the Black Panther movie?  When did that happen?
    I assume OP simply mistook Klaw.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    has the green goblin ever been part of sinister 6? i don't remember seeing GG as part of the villains group...
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    atomzed said:
    has the green goblin ever been part of sinister 6? i don't remember seeing GG as part of the villains group...
    Yes he was...in one version he even created the Sinister Six.
    "
    • In Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, the Sinister Six is created by Green Goblin for the purpose of destroying Spider-Man. Here, they consist of Electro, Carnage, Swarm, Kraven the Hunter, Lizard and an original character named Swiss Miss. In this version, their comic-book origins are ignored; instead, they share a common origin as former research scientists whom Green Goblin deliberately mutates into "freaks" as punishment for having abandoned Osborn Industries.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, wow. I forgot Swarm existed. I remember that as being one of the creepier Spiderman and his Amazing Friends episodes... can we get Firestar some day please?
    Also, a Green Goblin version is among the Sinister Six on the Disney XD show, so there's that. I always just kind of though Sinister Six as meaning "Villians that don't like Spiderman."
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd most like to see Mysterio.  I see plenty of existing move types that would work well with him.  Invisibility, hiding/nullifying/or reversing special titles.

It would be cool if he had something that caused self damage on matches as a lot his stuff was about confusing you into hurting yourself.  Maybe for x turns x color matched by the opposite team will do match damage to itself.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I *want* Mysterio. I think it would be fun for him to have a lot of trap powers, some you want to destroy, some you don't, so you're always confused by not being able to see them (I think it would be cool to have a trap power that converts the color of the AP given, so if you match 3 yellow, and one of them has a Mysterio trap, you get 2 yellow AP, and 1 random non-yellow AP, so it basically screws with your AP gain)

As far as a revamped Boss Rush (or other new Boss event with Sinister Six bosses), I expect to get Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Venom, Carnage, and probably Vulture (since he's the obvious movie tie-in villain). I doubt they'll go for the original team or one of the many variants, but will rather take 6 Spidey villains and form their own team unique to MPQ.

Upside is we don't have to wait as long to get a Sinister Six event. Downside is that it may be a long time before they get around to giving us Mysterio/Kraven/Electro or others. (though for all I know, we'll get the inevitable Spidey/Vulture movie tie-ins, and then another Sinister Six person after that to continue the Summer of Spidey?)(
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I assume OP simply mistook Klaw.
    You sir, are correct.
    Don't believe everything you hear over the Magic table! (especially about ETB triggers and AP/NAP stacking; just saying: RTFC) and when in doubt look it up! 
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Kraven and Mysterio are two of my all time favorite characters in all of comics. I really hope they do them justice. Like to see the team that designed Carol and Baby Groot work on them, rather than the people that gave us AV and Sandman....