Decks are not 40 cards (4x of each card)

Options
naphomci
naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
So, there have been some people asking about this, but this is the set of cards I just got in training grounds with Saheeli:
Opening 3:
Shivan Reef
Fleetwheel Cruiser
Shivan Reef
Next cards, in order:
Shivan Reef
Shivan Reef (if the old description of decks was true, this would be the last Shivan Reef I could see for the next 35 cards)
Maulfist Doorbuster
Maulfist Doorbuster
Shivan Reef, number 5.

So, can @Brigby tell us what the new deck make up is?

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The decks behave a bit weird since the last update imo.
    Today, I got three times 4 copies of the same card in the first half dozen turns. Not impossible with a 40 card deck, but the odds are.. Low. (no card draw mechanics (apart from shefet) involved)

/E: actually, 5 times, including screenshots of the last 4 times -.-
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When some asked a few weeks ago, the official answer was that nothing had changed 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64326/40-card-deck/p2

But we have all noticed the strange behaviour of the draw mechanism and lots of us have faced situations that clearly indicate that the 40 card deck does not exist anymore or does not work as it did anymore 

Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I was able to get answers for the second round of questions I sent over to the developers. You can find them below:

What happens when you get to the end of your 40 card deck?
    40 new cards are generated in your library, as if you just started the game.

How does fetching the next X cards from your deck work if you go past the end of the deck?
    It generates a new 40 card library, then fetches from it. So yes, anything that draws a specific card can draw infinite copies of said card.

What about destroying cards out of your deck (i.e. Gather the Pack?)
    Again, it generates a new 40 card library, then destroys the specified cards.

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does it take three rounds of questions before they fix EVERY bug? Must be exhausting.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    naphomci said:
    So, there have been some people asking about this, but this is the set of cards I just got in training grounds with Saheeli:
    Opening 3:
    Shivan Reef
    Fleetwheel Cruiser
    Shivan Reef
    Next cards, in order:
    Shivan Reef
    Shivan Reef (if the old description of decks was true, this would be the last Shivan Reef I could see for the next 35 cards)
    Maulfist Doorbuster
    Maulfist Doorbuster
    Shivan Reef, number 5.

It would have been great to see a battle log of this.  E.g. there are ways to deplete the deck without cards going into your hand; with a battle log, this kind of thing could be ruled out.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Had a game earlier today where i ended up with 5 Rishkar's expertise before encountering a single cast out. Definetly not just 4 copies :/
  • naphomci
    Options
    Volrak said:
    naphomci said:
    Opening 3:
    Shivan Reef
    Fleetwheel Cruiser
    Shivan Reef
    Next cards, in order:
    Shivan Reef
    Maulfist Doorbuster
    Maulfist Doorbuster
    Shivan Reef, number 5.

It would have been great to see a battle log of this.  E.g. there are ways to deplete the deck without cards going into your hand; with a battle log, this kind of thing could be ruled out.
    I forgot about the log. But I listed every card I drew. None manipulate the library. Nor did I activate any of Saheeli's abilities
  • shteev
    Options
    @Volrak ive got screenshots of the battlelog for the situation I posted in the other thread... i can put them somewhere if itll make any difference.
  • Pcell777
    Pcell777 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Honestly, as a relatively new player and not knowing about the 40 cards deck, I always have a feeling that the draw is completely random.
  • Volrak
    Options
    shteev said:
    @Volrak ive got screenshots of the battlelog for the situation I posted in the other thread... i can put them somewhere if itll make any difference.
    If they're handy I'd be curious to see them.  One possibility of several is that it's a bug in the behaviour of a card or ability which d3 might not yet be able to reproduce; pooling our knowledge about what the possible triggers might be could help to isolate it.

Or, the deck size might just be changed without any communication, in which case the logs won't do a lot.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I drew 5 copies of censor and 5 copies of forsake the unworldly before I got my second cast out. I'm beginning to think cycling has something to do with it. Only happens when I draw a million cards. I've never drawn more than 6 copies of a card without seeing the other cards in proportion. I'm logging all of my games to get some usable data. Something's not right. 
  • shteev
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ok here's my Battle Log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4iDvhSEWxaranFsS0JISEJJSk0

Hieroglyphic Illumination is the first card I drew 5 of, I believe. [edit] oops, no, this must have been another game; here, I drew a 5th copy of Dissenter's Deliverance.

• shteev
    Options
    I drew 5 copies of censor and 5 copies of forsake the unworldly before I got my second cast out. I'm beginning to think cycling has something to do with it. Only happens when I draw a million cards. I've never drawn more than 6 copies of a card without seeing the other cards in proportion. I'm logging all of my games to get some usable data. Something's not right. 
    I very much don't think it's cycling; I remember one time drawing 5 Pigs in my first 8 cards, playing Saheeli before AKH was released.

Now that you've mentioned cycling, tho, I bet Brigby will turn up and say 'Oh, yeah, it's cycling', because they do that here.
    Volrak said:
    One possibility of several is that it's a bug in the behaviour of a card or ability which d3 might not yet be able to reproduce
    Yes. That is one possibility. I can think of a few more.
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I too seem to be getting 40+Decks, especially with Saheeli (5 Boomships in round 4)
  • naphomci
    Options
    If you look at my original post, it is not cycling. None of the cards I listed cycle.
  • Volrak
    Options
    shteev said:
    Ok here's my Battle Log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4iDvhSEWxaranFsS0JISEJJSk0

Hieroglyphic Illumination is the first card I drew 5 of, I believe. [edit] oops, no, this must have been another game; here, I drew a 5th copy of Dissenter's Deliverance.

If I counted right, your first 40 cards were:
    Censor x3
    Displacement Wave x3
    Dissenter's Deliverance x5
    Floodwaters x5
    Hieroglyphic Illumination x4
    Kessig Prowler x3
    New Perspectives x4
    Shefet Monitor x3
    Sphinx's Tutelage x5
    Vizier of Tumbling Sands x5

So it looks like more than just one card out of place.  If someone feels bored, a thing to do would be to log 60 draws and see whether there are exactly x6 of each card.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Volrak
    I felt bored a bit and tried it with a looping deck in RatC (Tezzeret..) 
    I am still convinced something is wrong with the decks ..well, but this time the data wants me to take off the tinfoil hat.
    I drew 44 cards, 4 of each in the first 40 + 4 single ones after it. No Cycling involved (apart from Shefet Monitor), card draw only through Alha..whatever..archive + Retreat to Coralheim + I did not use Kioras second ability
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @naphomci
    Since there seems to be differing deck behaviors with various players' attempts, I've relayed this question to the developers. I'll inform the community of their response when I hear back from them.
  • Captsquee
    Captsquee Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is a thought but needs improved upon. Paper allows 60 card decks for competition. Since we don't include the usual 20 mana. 6 pulls of the same card and you can't draw it anymore? Its a thought. I have a sweet cycling deck but endless draws are crazy. They nerfed baral and then gave us cycling. The dumbed down a card to give us decks that do worse things and then add a planeswalker to help it further lol. New perspectives is a nuclear bomb. Drake haven sphinx tutelage shadowsstorm vizier and curator of mysteries. I'm not adding in the other color combos. The sad part is you can do insane things with a handful of cheap cards. Draw decks have to be limited. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I just wanted to stop by to give a quick update.

I relayed this information to the developers, and they said it's possible the original deck issue with Saheeli Rai may not be fixed. They will investigate further.
  • shteev
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I just wanted to stop by to give a quick update.

I relayed this information to the developers, and they said it's possible the original deck issue with Saheeli Rai may not be fixed. They will investigate further.
    @Brigby Just to be clear, the battle log posted above was playing Kiora, not Saheeli Rai (hence the green and blue cards).