4* DDQ: Gwenpool vs Moon Knight

2»

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    gwen may now be the most useless turd in this game. never had an issue beating crash with a level 150 4* before. at best i'm doing 3k damage, at worst about 1k. if i get enough green i can't get the gun. if i get the gun there's no green. doesn't help that moon's abilities are 1 hitter quitters. but still, garbage!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    @jredd - how many covers do you have in green?
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler

Thought I might struggle with my 5/5/2 GP (lack of Green was a worry) leveled her to 120 and did it on the 2nd try with +2 all, +2 G/B and +2 P/B boosts.

Trick was to gather pink and hit the destroy row 2, did around 4k damage, a couple of them got him down, my reward, a blue mordo....(already 5/5/1 so 1000 iso)

My girlfriend did this with her 1/3/5 GP on the 1st try but gathering the green, her reward...blue mordo....

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I have her at level 188, but I keep losing even after 20 tries, at least, with all boost (+1 ap in blue/purple; green/black; all colors). It's like he's boosted, not me! Either I'm terribly unlucky or I'm doing something wrong... Is there a strategy on top of "match tiles, gather AP"??? Does anybody know what's the best 'sploit to use to cause maximum damage to him?
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Never mind. I won too! Also my first Crash of the Titans! Got another blue Iron Fist.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lost several times with my 2/4/4 GP; both MK's black & green can oneshot her at that health, but the reverse isn't true.

So this morning I luckily pulled my fifth green from a token, and took him down on my first try after that. Got R&G blue with the token, taking him (them) to 3/2/1.

This is a very hard Clash unless you've got 5 in either purple or green, certainly one of the hardest I've managed to win. Having two one-shot abilities on the table isn't typical of these fights, I don't think (Wolvie v Cyclops maybe).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/2/5 lvl 147, took three tries to get off a Purple and Green before he got enough Black or Green to one-shot me.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    1/1/4 135 Gwenpool. Got obliterated the first two tried, took all the + Green AP I could on try 3 and managed to collect 20 just in the nick of time.

Agent Venom Champ level. Blah.
  • oldtimes
    oldtimes Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Brutal. 
    1 move away from the win twice today. Thought I did well denying green and black, then the Fist of Khonshu hits me out of nowhere.

Right around level 143 with Gwenpool (real # forgotten). Having the Plot Armor would probably help a lot.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Finally, one that was easy for me! First try, lvl 150 5/3/5. Once Chekov's Gun fires things go better.

I haven't been able to beat this event for many, many weeks.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    First attempt 535 & champed GP. Just denied green & black, fired Chevkos gun once + "destroying column 7" and that was all it took. Very fun clash though! Purple matches for MK did quite a nasty damage to me.

edit: 666th post :neutral:
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Lvl 120 4/3/3 Gwenpool on about the 6th attempt.

Had a lucky board allowing me to get out an early black. Later, I got a purple and two greens off to finish him off. He was 1 black short of using his black (which would've one-hit me)

Also didn't hurt that MK got the attack-tile generating purple. :D
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    It took about 8 tries with a 5/2/2 Lv192 Gwenpool.  I boosted B/P & G/B +2 and G/B +50%.  Basically it took a lucky board (lots of purple but also a lot of off-color match 4's to let me collect it) and his random ability not being the +1k match damage one (which it was in 6/8 tries).  The token gave a purple 5* Hawkeye, which was nice, although my Hawkeye is only 1/0/1 now.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mckauhu said:
    First attempt 535 & champed GP. Just denied green & black, fired Chevkos gun once + "destroying column 7" and that was all it took. Very fun clash though! Purple matches for MK did quite a nasty damage to me.

edit: 666th post :neutral:
    Just so you know, destroying a random column (or row) does slightly more damage than destroying a specific one. Actually about 16% more. Clearly you won anyways, so congrats :)
  • AntiLeni
    AntiLeni Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    2/5/2 134 Gwenpool. It took 4 or 5 tries, but I got lucky and he finally stopped getting 4-5 cascading matches each turn. I had both purple powers on various attempts; beat him when he had lunacy up.

Got a Riri Green for my efforts.