A Variation of the Bug with Floodwaters [Devs Aware]

julianus
julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
This happened from a combo of Jace1's first ability and Floodwaters, almost certainly related to the exploit mentioned in another bug thread. 

Only in this case, instead of getting negative power, the creature seemed to get infinite power.

It was a simple sequence, I used jace's first ability on a creature and got a cascade that same turn that filled and cast Floodwaters. The creature's power changed from 0 to something in small green type, and the next turn it hit me and took me from full health to nothing in one shot. 

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Pcell777
    Pcell777 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Dont know Why is it so hard to just write a code to change attack power to 0.  No need to add or subtract anything.

for each Creature {
       Creature.power_pre-flood = Creature.attack_power
       Creature.attack_power = 0
    }
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi @julianus
    What you are describing is in fact the original Floodwaters bug behavior, and the developers are aware of it and working on a fix. 
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Pcell777 said:
    Dont know Why is it so hard to just write a code to change attack power to 0.  No need to add or subtract anything.

for each Creature {
       Creature.power_pre-flood = Creature.attack_power
       Creature.attack_power = 0
    }
    Because the game is not structured that way. It's built around actions that are tied to a cards ID. There is not code specific to each card

they just need to update the action this card is using with a new variable so they aren't relying on simply subtracting INT_MAX from the creatures power on cast
  • damonsteine
    damonsteine Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    my own experience on floodwaters was on casting 2 of them, the first one did as it should, and the second one brought back the stats to normal