Do you have any characters with five covers total, in just one color?

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
Do you have any characters that are 5/0/0, 0/5/0, or 0/0/5? This is obviously most meaningful at the 4/5 star levels. 

I just pulled my fifth blue Mordo from a classic legends token, bringing him to a ridiculous 0/5/0. 

My X-23 was 5/0/0 for over a year, and now is finally 5/2/1 after some surprising luck with Vintage Heroic tokens (and one PvE reward, I think.) 

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not anymore, but my Nick Fury started out as a 0/9/0, and was a 2/13/3 until I finally stopped getting Demolition covers. This is about the only time I'd recommend buying one of the Heroes for Hire packs...if you've got a 4-star that's 0/0/X, and really need that extra cover.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    My Silver Surfer was 0/0/5 for ages.  I forget how many black covers got sold before I got any other colors, but it was at least 3.  He's now 1/4/5 though, so making progress.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    My 3pun started out 5-0-0, and I managed to improve him to 5-5-0 before I ever got a red.  

That was annoying and funny all at once since he was never a priority.  
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Do you have any characters that are 5/0/0, 0/5/0, or 0/0/5? This is obviously most meaningful at the 4/5 star levels. 

I just pulled my fifth blue Mordo from a classic legends token, bringing him to a ridiculous 0/5/0. 

My X-23 was 5/0/0 for over a year, and now is finally 5/2/1 after some surprising luck with Vintage Heroic tokens (and one PvE reward, I think.) 

Let's focus on the real story here. 

You have a character at 0/5/0, and it's MORDO. I mean yeah, you had some bad luck with X23, but for lightning to strike again and hit MORDO?!? 

You're the luckiest person alive! 

:wink:

On topic - I had Agent Venom at 0/5/0 for a while - he's at 4/9/3 now, but at least the extra black covers were bunched together a bit so I could make a bit of extra ISO from them (apply 2 black covers, level to 183, then sell). 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I also have a 5/0/0 X-23!
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I had a 5-1-0 X23. Now she is 5-2-3. I have her favorited and have thrown away at least five green covers.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    My worst ever was my 5/0/0 4* Jean, who became a 20/0/5 before I got a Blue cover.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    My 2 Carol Danvers's are at 5/2/5 and 5/0/5 (or 10/2/10 if you will)... Dunno if that counts.

I've had a couple at 0/5/0 in the past, but I never had a problem with starting a dupe.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    my phoenix is 5/0/5. just so awesome...

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Peggy got up to 8/1/0 before I finally got smart and stopped using her as my 4* Bonus Hero in hopes of picking up a blue Cover for her. Probably actually going to do the Heroes for Hire thing when her blue finally rolls around, because this is just getting too frustrating.
  • dma_pdx
    dma_pdx Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    i think my 5 star thanos and jean grey have 4-5 green cards only. it's pretty annoying 

• OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
     My X-23 was 5/5/0 since about two weeks after her release. I was lucky enough to earn four more green covers before I earned another one from the daily reward. At one point she was 9/8/0. I purchased her first purple cover from the heroes for hire sale a couple weeks ago. In one of the elite tokens I got a bonus green cover - I know its my fault for not actually picking bonus heroes. At that point I almost sold her. 
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    my drax was 0/0/5 for the longest time.  he's at a paltry 2/1/5 now.

I have 2 that have been at 0/5/5 for a long time too: Howard and Bucky.  
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Professor X is 5/5/0, but only one of those blue covers was ever an actual pull-from-a-token.

If you track just token pulls, he's 11/1/0 or so.
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited June 2017
    The Hulk (Bruce Banner) is currently sitting at 0/0/5 for me right now. Been that way for quite some time.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    My Bolt, Black Bolt was about to get his 007 status but while he was Sean Bean (006) he became 016 and lost his license to kill
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The probability of drawing all the same colour cover for a character out of 5 covers total is (1/3)^5, which is about 0.4%.

If you've got 100 characters slots, the probability that none of them will produce 5 of the same colour cover on the first five pulls is (1 - 0.004)^100, or about 66%.  That means that if we took three players with 100 character rosters, we'd expect one of them to see this condition.

It's a bit more difficult to say how common it would be for the situation to persist.  That's going to depend strongly on which character it happens to: for a vaulted character or classic 5*, you could be stuck at 5 covers for a long time.  For a character that is easier to acquire covers for, it is unlikely that it would persist for long: it grows increasingly unlikely to continue pulling covers of the same colour.
  • Dee Ritch
    Dee Ritch Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    My 5* Black Panther is 0/5/0 and he's about to drop out of latest so I won't be able to get a cover swap next time I pull his yellow.

My 5* Star Lord is 0/4/0 so he could well end up the same way.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    My Carnage is 0/5/0. All he does is make attack tiles. When he was (briefly) nerfed, this was even more useless.
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I had a 5-1-0 X23. Now she is 5-2-3. I have her favorited and have thrown away at least five green covers.
    And I just pulled another green with a favorite bonus. Sigh.