Story level: oblivion sower

andrewvanmarle
andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ Tips & Guides
I'm'at a loss fighting oblivion sower, I need to play it in white and black and I get hammered.

Any ideas? what white and black decks have worked for you?

Comments

• span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Creatureless Ob for Black. Any form of creatureless deck for White: Aetherflux Reservoir, Dynavolt Tower, Fevered Visions or Red direct damage spells with Nahiri or Ajani.

Just make sure you run no creatures but pack some removal and the match will run smoothly.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    I went with creatureless sorin, creeping dread, kill spells fragmentise, demonic pact alamharets archive and BTB.

It too me more than half an hour to whittle him down, but it worked.

Thanks!
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    did it in my rai baral deck but it still took quite a few resets to get cards i needed first round havent even bothered with the other colors yet
  • ninjadinosir
    ninjadinosir Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    alternatively you can have purely hexproof creatures in your deck and also be ok
  • morgue427
    with the new cycling it isnt hard any more really just getting the cards you need to beat them down to nothing and lock them out
  • Jester88m
    Jester88m Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Do you get any good eldrazi for beating the battle for zendikar story?
  • morgue427
    jno not really but the eldrazi mini event will help you get some
  • Jester88m
    Jester88m Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    For how difficult oblivion sower is. There should be. Im using eldrazi desolation. Any suggestion how to beat it?
  • morgue427
    honestly i had massive problems with it too have a planeswalker with massive build up and keep trying until you can get a good mana ramp from there i just to tweak it to keep oblivion sowers key cards destroyed before they can build. his cards are all the same for the first few hands i think part the waterveil is the key destroy that or prevent it from casting and that helps alot