PvE Competitor Bug

Punishu777
Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
The players I am facing in the PvE sub are not the same players I'm facing in the PvE event. I have been a top PvE player for years, and this is the first time I have had to compete against different players in a sub than are in my PvE event. This needs to be fixed. My PvE event has only a couple pro caliber PvE players, my sub is full of them. This is unacceptable.

Comments

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    If this is happening, your points still apply the same to your full event standings, so it seems like you'll be fine when it comes to overall event placement if nobody is "pro level" (that's a new one to me) in the event. You'll just possibly get lower placement on the individual legs.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Its by no means the first time sub leaderboards are different than event leaderboards.

Some sub have fewer player than the overall event (stranger sights) and it frequently happens in events when parallel brackets are created.

If you are a frequent PVE player I'm surprised this is news to you

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta said:
    Its by no means the first time sub leaderboards are different than event leaderboards.

Some sub have fewer player than the overall event (stranger sights) and it frequently happens in events when parallel brackets are created.

If you are a frequent PVE player I'm surprised this is news to you

Hell, it's the default situation in Stranger Sights due to event format alone (you can't have everyone from the same main bracket in the same sub brackets if they choose different subs each day, after all).

Reality is, this isn't a big deal, and I don't think anything needs to be done. The complaint is that someone got lucky with their event slice (placement with a less competitive group) and isn't benefiting from that in the sub event. It's luck that'll last for a few days at most, doesn't seem like a huge deal.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Guys, obviously he's not talking about Strange Sights because that isn't running at the moment.

And no, even with more than one parallel bracket open at the same time, this hasn't been a thing for the last three years.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    I'd be curious to see this person's actual standings for the individual sub and the overall event at the end of the sub. I'd be willing to wager that the player just isn't seeing the same people right around him in the middle of the sub, (maybe due to some early players that are pushing beyond the optimal 4 clears) as he is at the end of the sub.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Each slice typically has how many brackets? 5+? So when a new sub opens, that's an estimate of over 1000x5 players joining. Okay, not everybody play optimal, but that's still a lot of players joining at once. I don't know what algorithm is used to separate players into different sub brackets but this is the least of our worries. It's not broken, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Let the dev focus on bugs that are more severe.

edit: Actually thinking out this more and I would assume Whatever logic being used at the start of the event is being used for the start of the sub. You just don't have the flood at the start of the event to cause issues where as you do at the start of the sub. What I believe the OP is suggesting is why not scrap the sub brackets altogether? Why bother having the server track separate main and sub brackets? Simply award sub rewards based on main placement at the end of the sub. This would remove the sub bracket tracking and hopefully free up some server resources (there's always talk about load on the server, especially around pvp node values being cached and not real time. This could easily free up some load if none of the sub brackets needs to be tracked). 
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    This actually does happened sometimes, I've encountered it on at least two other events in the past. It's really weird, but it's just one of those things. Just keep playing as hard as you normally do as you'll keep your starting event bracket and placement, it's only going to affect sub rankings.