choosing scale

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
So if I don't care about placement for an event, say the ISO-8 one, is there any reason to not play at SCL8 because the rewards are higher and the difficulty doesn't appear to change with lower SCL. 

I realized they just tried a "Scaling Tied To S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels " and I thought it was great.

At this point though where I'm about to enter Iso-8 7 day drag, I'm wondering if I don't care about placement is there really any reason to choose SCL7 over 8? because 8 has the better rewards and no difference in challenge it seems.  

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope.  If placement is irrelevant, then you may as well go for the most progression possible.
  • therightwaye
    Nope.  If placement is irrelevant, then you may as well go for the most progression possible.
    what a bunch of nonsense. but good to know. 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    what a bunch of nonsense. but good to know. 

indeed, but if there were more SCL unlocked more frequently I think the system would "feel" better instead of unlocking the highest tier rewards when new rosters are likely still in 2* land...

I'm hoping they roll out the change in scaling they recently tested where SCL dictates enemy level... 

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *Off to Tips and Guides, the land of advice*
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I played SCL8 in the last quest and chose SCL7 for this one to see what the difference is, so far it's way too easy, kinda regretting it now.
  • therightwaye
    I played SCL8 in the last quest and chose SCL7 for this one to see what the difference is, so far it's way too easy, kinda regretting it now.

@Jesus Jones
    I'm so preferring the 30 min of gameplay compared to an hour of SCL8. 
  • therightwaye
    And as long as I T100 for one cover of Sandman I'm fine with it. New vaulting system means I'll get full Sandman in no time. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I played at SCL8 in the Iso8 and the difficulty was not to hard and not to easy ("lagom" as we say in swedish.) But in the new Thick as thives they have raised the difficulty and the enemys are much harder. Especially when you grind to max to get top points. I regret that i didnt choose SCL 7 this time as the important rewards is the same. Oh well.