Sinister Six group affiliation

DrDevilDinosaur
DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

The preview for TaT is up, and we can now take a look at Sandman in-game. In his bio, his affiliations are listed as Villains and Sinister Six. So that's a thing now.

I double checked both Doc Ocks, but he's still just a villain, so there's some updating to do there.

I guess that means we can speculate a few more characters with a bit more certainty now. Vulture was always going to be a lock with Homecoming, but I'd say there's more certainty around seeing Kraven, Electro, and Mysterio.

Do you think there's also a chance of a Sinister Six boss event? There won't be time to get all the required characters into the game before Homecoming, but the plan might just be to populate the game now and run the event at a later date - anniversary?

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    More villains always welcome but I cringe at how bad they would make Kraven, think GSBW but worse.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards

Do you think there's also a chance of a Sinister Six boss event? There won't be time to get all the required characters into the game before Homecoming, but the plan might just be to populate the game now and run the event at a later date - anniversary?

I think that assumption is pretty safe.

I hope they do more with affiliations.  With respect to gameplay only 5* IM/Cap and 4* GR actually vary their damage based on teammate affiliations.

I remember them saying during a Puzzlewarrior interview that they really don't use the affiliations.  Thats a mistake, and  I hope this is a step in a different direction to come up with more unique events.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, I hope they skip Mysterio. Don't care he was original S6. Mysterio's lame.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Bite your tongue.  He's the one I'm hoping most for out of the list.  He's gotten so little love on the big screen too.  Make me sad, he's probably my 3rd favorite Spidey villain.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Bite your tongue.  He's the one I'm hoping most for out of the list.  He's gotten so little love on the big screen too.  Make me sad, he's probably my 3rd favorite Spidey villain.
    Third? With villans like Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Lizard, Electro, Venom, Carnage, Sandman, Hydro (those last 2 becoming a mud monster once), Scorpion, how does Mysterio get third? He's unique among the other I suppose, going with illusions and trickery rather than power and force. Unfortunately, we already have Loki for Illusions and Trickery. I expect he'd be another support, possibly with traps since he usually had to set things up in advance in a very trap kind of way. Really more of a make the enemy miserable type of villain rather than a do big damage type.
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Mysterio could be a lot like a 4* Loki. Not killer on his own but kind of annoying to fight.

I'm all for them using affiliations more. It's a huge option they've left totally unexplored, that could have a lot of cool mechanics. Aside from the obvious like Mr.F, 4* grocket, 5*s IM and Cap, where they affect how a power works, they could be used to give all sorts of bonuses, to add a whole new level to team creation. Give a bonus if kk, nova, and Miles are used (champions), a different one if you use 3 founding avengers, or 3 X-Men, or whatever. 

That aside over, we really needed more villain options. I wouldn't even object to them filling out the whole range 2*-5* with some of them and making for a much more varied PvE design to save us from continual Dark Avengers overload. 
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I have to echo the support for Mysterio; both he and Vulture are the two Sinister Six villains which I most want to see in MPQ, since I think they present the best potential for interesting new abilities.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 said:
    Mysterio is crazy awesome, and I want him the most.