Trial of the Planes - Limited Time Lower Entry Cost (6/6/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Starting tomorrow, and running until next Tuesday, we will be introducing a special opportunity where all Trial of the Planes events will only cost 30 Mana Crystals each!
  • 6/7/17: Black
  • 6/8/17: Red
  • 6/9/17: Green
  • 6/12/17: White
  • 6/13/17: Blue
I will also be updating the June Sneak Peek thread with this information, as well.

Comments

• deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Nice!  In its current form, TotP is a fun event and a pretty good value.  This is even better.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    3 tries and any one win means getting an akh booster
    for 30 crystals. comparatively good value if you can
    make the win.

HH
  • PersonMan
    PersonMan Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Great!  

But really, long term, the reward for getting a perfect score should be a crystals equal to 75%ish of the entry cost.  Right now, its not a terrible deal for Platinum players.  But outsidd of this promotional time, its a horrible trap for everyone else, especially brand new players who haven't figured out the in-game economy   Do you really want them feeling ripped off?
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Great event for platinum players! 

I already got the events regularly every day and feel like the current state of the event makes it a definite must-play if you are in platinum, as the rewards are very solid there and the current requirements are also good at giving a fairly casual and relaxing option. With the lower entry cost making the event effectively free, there is no reason for platinum players not to do every single one of these, good stuff! 

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want to know if the max progression being shifted to 2/3 max score instead of a perfect score is a horrible mistake, or horrible idea. 

All tension in the event has been lost. You might as well remove the crystal/booster rewards and combine it with training grounds. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    I look forward to playing it this week. Thanks!
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    I love this cut down price! If i play well i get my ante back, the feel of risking 30 gems is a nice stimulus. 

Please @LakeStone keep it like this! 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    You risk practically nothing in this current format. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    I risk 30 gems if I dont win enough games. Simple enough....  :)
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had a lot of fun playing it with the discount. Well done!
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree. Can we have it back? Where did it go? 
  • TheZorch
    TheZorch Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I also like the reduced cost. I missed a few days sadly.  At 69 crystals it feels like no behaving.  At 30 or 40 it is very worthwhile and fun.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Please make the reduction permanent. I played almost every day because it didn't give me massive buyer's remorse. I'm now back to not playing.