Predator and Prey PvP Tournament - March 3rd-5th

Comments

• kensterr wrote:
    DX_das wrote:
    patch green skill 6 strike tile plus Black Panther Black skill = 6k damange instants team kill rofl
    seriously i met few lv141 panther... totally own my whole team once they gather enough black ap :/

This is maxed BP black and level 141... what about non-maxed? Any danger?

None max is pretty weak. I have a 2/2/2 lv 51 right now and he is very average. Need 5 in black for him to be worth while.

A lv 51 2 in black does 903 to each enemy. 1347 in the event.

I made a mistake of miscalculating damage and use a Rage of the Black Panther against a C.Storm. I forgot they had a defense tile on board and she survive with 20 health. Guess what she rage back with raging tempest and did 5k+ damage to my whole team. I lost instantly. Talk about OP aoe skill.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Enjoying this PVP a little; I have not been attacked much though (like 3 times total), so not really any point yet for me to tank, but more for me to just mess around with other characters. Had a nice laugh yesterday against a 15 BP/106 IM40/42IW beat them with my 18 BP/59 Bullseye/ 75GSBW. of course the Token gave me another C.Storm like the 50th one so far.
  • I'm not sure as to why I'm even playing this. I have all of IM40's covers but am in top 5. I guess I'm just bored. I'm not shielding though lol.
  • Wonder what's up. Put in my tank team after hitting 300 of lvl6 bagman, lvl15 BP, and lvl15 moonstone. Only got hit once and won a match in last 7 hrs. Seems very odd.
  • Wonder what's up. Put in my tank team after hitting 300 of lvl6 bagman, lvl15 BP, and lvl15 moonstone. Only got hit once and won a match in last 7 hrs. Seems very odd.

Skip tax and the match you won was probably someone else putting their tank team in. People are more willing to just hope a tank team comes up rather than skipping around until they see one like before.

I got hit about 5 or 6 times last night with my 'tank' team of 41 Panther and Max OBW, mStorm. Nothing too great but it was the best I could do against my mmr range and not being able to get the bots queued up for this tourney.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I was bored and joined this event last night...went to bed in 3rd with 402. Woke up, was hit 5 times for 55 points and dropped to 16th. I still hate the skip tax on Retaliations though. I shouldn't be penalized for not wanting to start a chain of retaliations.
  • In first with 748. 2nd is at 705 with 3rd 140 pts below me. Do I shield and ride it the rest of the event knowing that I'll likely keep Top5 or keep pushing?

ATTAAAAACK!

edit: Well, that was a wash. Did two matches on a break at work and got hit for -30. Net point gain of 11.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    what the **** is going on with people

I put in my tank team at 450 before bed last night to get out of mmr hell

15 BP/50 M.Storm/6 MBW

My rating is still 386 because people keep losing

I seriously don't get this many successful defenses with my a-team
  • Had a tank match up all lined up but forgot all the retaliations would overwrite. I have a pseudo tank team in now. Something like 20 bp/50c storm/50 hood lol. Take me out...icon_e_wink.gif
  • Puritas wrote:
    what the tinykitty is going on with people

I put in my tank team at 450 before bed last night to get out of mmr hell

15 BP/50 M.Storm/6 MBW

My rating is still 386 because people keep losing

I seriously don't get this many successful defenses with my a-team

I suspect your MMR isn't as bad as you think it is!
  • Doh! That'll teach me to look before I leap.

Line up a match for 36 pts vs max Thor, max OBW, and BP. Easy 36 points!

It wasn't until I'd nearly ground OBW to a paste that I got hit with Rage of The Panther, or whatever it is. Bam! Two of my toons are down, and my Hulk is at less than half strength. What the hell?

Then I look again. The BP isn't the 'freebie' that most people are playing with - it's level 100!

Wish I'd caught the player's name. Whoever it was, got a wee freebie bonus from me for not looking properly at what I'm facing!
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    The number one in my bracket has a 128 Level Black Panther and when he has enough black he can do 3689 on all members of a team with one hit with his level 5 Rage of the Panther. He can also put out a 97 strength strike tile for every 15 environmental tile he has with his Level 3 yellow and 81 protect tile x 5 with his Level 4 blue. BP with investment = literally a beast.
  • bahukma wrote:
    In first with 748. 2nd is at 705 with 3rd 140 pts below me. Do I shield and ride it the rest of the event knowing that I'll likely keep Top5 or keep pushing?

IMO 800 will surely be enough fr t5, 750 for t15.
    It's quite early, 750 may put you to #6 if there are climbers.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was bored and joined this event last night...went to bed in 3rd with 402. Woke up, was hit 5 times for 55 points and dropped to 16th. I still hate the skip tax on Retaliations though. I shouldn't be penalized for not wanting to start a chain of retaliations.

Yeah, it really is irritating when the other person is lower than you by a lot. Sure, I'll respond for 9 points, they respond back for anther 30+, and I'm sitting here going "why does this make more sense than skipping?"
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    allorin wrote:
    Then I look again. The BP isn't the 'freebie' that most people are playing with - it's level 100!

Heh. Quicker, less squinty way to tell between freebies and leveled-up BPs: cover colors. Freebies have 1 yellow cover. Personal BPs that matter always have more/different ones.
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Yeah, it really is irritating when the other person is lower than you by a lot. Sure, I'll respond for 9 points, they respond back for anther 30+, and I'm sitting here going "why does this make more sense than skipping?"

That sucks. I got hit three times by the same guy in the last two hours -- no retaliation, 10-point differential in win points. icon_mad.gif I'm keeping him in a node, just in case I feel like starting one of these retaliation chains you're lamenting. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Even with the skip tax, I haven't been skipping less than I had before. After all, with the initial +30 Iso bonus and 70/140 Iso win rewards, you can skip ten times between matches and still be Iso-positive, as long as you win your match.
  • Still hoping for a top 5 finish with 770 points currently and sitting at 3rd position.
  • I'm unshielded and not able to play for the last eight hours of the tournament, having left it in 17th place. Unlikely to stay above 45th place, but I can use either the IM40 cover or the Modern Hawkeyes (the latter more for completism though).
  • I shielded last night at a little over 800; defensive wins have put me up to about 850. I'm still 100 points behind the (constantly unshielded) 1st place though. I think I"ll just ride the shields for the rest of the tournament; I think I"m probably safe for top 5 at this point.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just noticed Kamahl, you're in my bracket, I was gonna try for Yellow IW but I'll let you have it icon_e_wink.gif
  • Twysta wrote:
    Just noticed Kamahl, you're in my bracket, I was gonna try for Yellow IW but I'll let you have it icon_e_wink.gif
    I'll take your word for it, grazi. I see we're both missing yellow IW covers, but then again it's IW's yellow, which is as relevant as a fart in a typhoon with regards to party compositions.