Changing Rocket & Groot Champion rewards?

stevoh
stevoh Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
So I've got a stockpile of 3* Rocket & Groot covers, but I'm at the 4* cover reward level, and it's a pink Drax.  I currently have 5 pink Drax (and not a single other color).  In the past, the Dev has changed the 4* reward when a 4* cover of that character was released.  Any chance we're going to see the 3* champion rewards changed to the new 4* Rocket & Groot?  I feel like I'm just wasting these covers sitting on them, but it's an even bigger waste at this point to get yet another pink Drax!

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    They may change it eventually, but it'll likely be during an off-season. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've actually never changed the 3* champion reward as a character was released, except coincidentally. I think they've only changed the rewards (cover-wise) 3 times, so whoever was the most recently released 4* at the time was seemingly updated soon after their release. (Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and... I forget when the very first mass change was made. Maybe there were only 2?)

So I wouldn't hold your breath, and it's probably not worth holding out for the R&G covers. You'll get (comparatively) large numbers of them soon enough.

I'd say selling 1 Drax cover is a bigger waste than selling a whole bunch of R&G covers (and delaying your 3* champion growth)
  • stevoh
    Right, so I guess my best bet is to hold off, selling my extra 3* covers, and just crossing my fingers that they eventually change the reward?  Because otherwise I'm just getting a Drax cover that I can't even use. 

Seriously, not being able to trade colors is obnoxious.  This would be the 2nd Drax cover I've had to sell...7 pink, and not a single other color once...doesn't seem very random to me.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    stevoh said:
    Right, so I guess my best bet is to hold off, selling my extra 3* covers, and just crossing my fingers that they eventually change the reward?  Because otherwise I'm just getting a Drax cover that I can't even use. 

Seriously, not being able to trade colors is obnoxious.  This would be the 2nd Drax cover I've had to sell...7 pink, and not a single other color once...doesn't seem very random to me.
    If you were planning on ever flipping your 3*s you could just roster a dupe now and use the covers to advance the dupe until they change the rewards.  
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 0/5/0 Black Bolt commiserates.

Realistically, you're only missing out on one champ level.  Since vaulting is practically forcing players to max cover the token 12, you're not losing something that is ultra-rare.  Plenty of time to find enough baby groot to go around.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I say this every time it gets brought up, but I believe I'm in the minority of this opinion.

It doesn't NEED to change. It is perfectly fine and acceptable for 3* Rocket and Groot to NOT give 4* Rocket and Groot covers as champ rewards. Arguably, the game would be more interesting if it didn't do that at all, and gave out characters that played differently, or could be part of useful combos.
  • Pla5yer99
    Pla5yer99 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    It won't take Long to max champ 3 stars. Just wait eventually u gonna do a dupe after the first reaches level 266
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    It might happen...  in like 6 or 8 months when its not really relevant anymore.

Either way, thanks to vaulting it shouldnt be too hard to pull those R&G (4*) covers.
  • stevoh
    Thanks for the thoughts all!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    stevoh said:

no way man. one Drax champ level sometime way in the future is not worth an arbitrarily large number of R&G champ levels right now.