Number of matches to reach PVE top prize?

Options
heybub
heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
Does anybody know what the number of times each node needs to be completed to get the top prize in PVE?  I have it in my head that 5 times per node will do it, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, it's currently 5 to get full progression.
  • heybub
    Options
    Yep, it's currently 5 to get full progression.
    Thanks!
  • heybub
    Options
    A follow up question...How many matches do you have to grind to get #1 ranking in PVE?  Top 10?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's not how many you grind, it's how quickly you do it. Generally speaking, 4 clears at the start of each sub and 3 more right at the end will do it, but you have to do the first 4 faster than anyone else in your bracket, and the last 3 as late as you can get them done.

I was lying in 5th after my first 4 clears today, but I always overestimate how long it will take me to do my last 3 clears, so I'll be lucky to scrape T10 for the sub. I probably won't make T20 for the event, though, as I can't clear optimally on 3 of the 7 days.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I find that doing 7 Clears, even with less than optimal timing, usually gets me T50, but occasionally only T100. If I really push and get my timing right and don't make any substantial mistakes, I can get T20.  Anything higher than that, tho, is just a matter of pure luck. There were a couple of times when I did better, but those were just a matter of somehow lucking into an easier bracket and/or it being a week when not many people were really playing hard for whatever reason (A 4* prize that not many people cared for, it was the off-season and Spring Break, stuff like that).
  • heybub
    Options
    granne said:
    It's not how many you grind, it's how quickly you do it. Generally speaking, 4 clears at the start of each sub and 3 more right at the end will do it, but you have to do the first 4 faster than anyone else in your bracket, and the last 3 as late as you can get them done.

I was lying in 5th after my first 4 clears today, but I always overestimate how long it will take me to do my last 3 clears, so I'll be lucky to scrape T10 for the sub. I probably won't make T20 for the event, though, as I can't clear optimally on 3 of the 7 days.
    That seems a bit ludicrous, doesn't it?
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Yes, playing for Placement in this game is absolutely ludicrous. Once you're at the point of doing 7 Clears, the difference is all in how fast you can do them. And there are people out there who can do them very fast, indeed, so if you want to place well, you need to be very fast, yourself.

Talking about my placement above, that's probably about the best that can be expected with a 3* Roster like mine. I don't know where you are in the game, but how well developed your Roster is makes a huge difference, and it takes a long time to really get there.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    heybub said:
    granne said:

That depends on how much you want the placement prizes.

For what it's worth, I thought so too, until I could reliably do my initial clears in under 80 minutes. Now that I can, trying that bit harder now and again isn't that arduous. I wouldn't, and couldn't, do it for every event.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As nice it is to finish first or top 10, casually doing the grind within the time restraints can still get you top 20-50 and you still net 3 covers. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    heybub said:
    granne said:

Yes, yes it does.

It's even more so when you consider that it's all based on being able to play around specific times and if none of those specific times work for you then you're out of luck.