Cycling

Khermes
Khermes Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
Can someone explain to me how cycling works? I'm really confused by this mechanic.

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    sure that! I assume you have no idea about the "how to" as well as the mechanik itself, so forgive me if it looks I'm beeing a smart ****.

The cycling has two parts:
    The cards that can be cycled, and the effects triggered by it.

Cycling cards have the cycling emblem on them. Once you have them in your hand, the emblem is either red or white. Red = not enough mana; white = enough mana. When you have enough mana, you either swipe the card to the very right of the screen, or open it by clicking, and click again on the trashcan. You will loose the cycling costs, and get a new card.
    Apart from the new card you got, some cards have effects, triggered by cycling: Shefet Monitor for example will turn 9 gems to green gems. Drakes Haven for example will spawn 2 2/2 Drakes for every card cycled.

The advantages are: you get the cards you need more quick, you can just trade in cards you don't need in that situation for new cards(like support destruction), and you can benefit from the effects triggered by it.
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Plus, half the time the icon will be white and you can cycle even without the card having any mana in it. 
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    BUgsySA said:
    Plus, half the time the icon will be white and you can cycle even without the card having any mana in it. 
    Yep - the mana for cycling doesn't necessarily come from the card you cycle.  It's taken from all the cards in your hand as needed, from the top down.  It means if you want to cycle a card which does have mana in it, you're usually best off moving that card to the top of your hand before cycling it.