Special tile fortifiers?

Options
elwhiteninja
elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
I'm looking for a partner for c4rol and I have been wondering if L4ke cage is worth champing just as a fortifier as, as far as I know, he is the only special tile fortifier. Yes mr fantastic self fortifies (protect tiles)  but no one else throws down forts on non countdown. So who do y'all use to keep them tiles on the board?

I was thinking that when they update fury and or falcap that would be a good use for them. Maybe add an active to falcap that costs 5-7 blue and forts 3 specials. Who knows I just want good partners for c4rol, besides wasp.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Medusa doesn't Fortify, but she does work well with C4rol, since she constantly generates Countdowns, and they can be turned into Attack Tiles for C4rol to buff.

HoboFist can Fortify Strikes with his blue once you have at least three out there.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I found Carol to be a pretty adequate partner for Luke Cage, more because she creates a starter fortified tile for him than the other way around.

I find fortifying the tiles that Carol is strengthening to be of much lower importance because the match is typically over before the AI can match them all away; it's much more important to get Strike tiles out in the first place (who cares about protect tiles, honestly. you still have to win). I suspect that's why Wasp is a good third for that team, to take all those (now massive) protect tiles and convert them into a win condition.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     I suspect that's why Wasp is a good third for that team, to take all those (now massive) protect tiles and convert them into a win condition.
    4* Fist can one-way convert protects to attacks with his black.  But then he's stealing Carol's black.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    sh81 said:
    I'm looking for a partner for c4rol and I have been wondering if L4ke cage is worth champing just as a fortifier as, as far as I know, he is the only special tile fortifier. Yes mr fantastic self fortifies (protect tiles)  but no one else throws down forts on non countdown. So who do y'all use to keep them tiles on the board?

I was thinking that when they update fury and or falcap that would be a good use for them. Maybe add an active to falcap that costs 5-7 blue and forts 3 specials. Who knows I just want good partners for c4rol, besides wasp.
    I just went through PVP up to 575 comfortably with Carol and Cage, they are very complimentary.

Also, if you have him, Goblin fortifies passively.  Ive used him in the past just as a tank for SW when wanting to feed Purple for Deadpools Whales!

His Yellow reduces countdowns by 1, and yello passive fortifies on each turn.  Mine is at 3 covers and fortifies 3 every turn.  He is undercovered, but works well as a tank.
    The problem with GG is that he only fortifies cds I am looking for ways to protect them massive tiles c4rol makes I think c4ge is the only way to do it reliably do it (And it's pretty pricey at 8 yellow). My big problem with him is his protect tiles take away from strikes getting buffed. So I'm thinking c4rol, wasp, and cage would be the best bet. If the protects get too big I convert and that passive CD is huge.

I really do think of they added fortify to falcap or fury that might make them worthwhile 

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How many turns does a match last after you've created a 5k strike tile or three? 1? 2?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Slightly off topic from original question, but while we're discussing teams that involve Cage, he works great with Mr. Fantastic. Both of his actives create fortified tiles to beef up Cage yellow, no active color overlap, and the combination of mad protect tiles and heals when friendlies are matched is ubertroll status on defense.