*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• Puritas wrote:
    My usual team has Hood in it, but Hood / Black Panther use the exact same colors. They do not work well together.

Are you joking? :/ BP shields hood on all 3 colors on offense
    Hood has no blue active
    BP's yellow is laughable/early game only anyways
    Bam.

Well, you would need a green/red/purple to go rainbow. There are no green red purple characters. By nature you are looking at a 5 color team. Bp/hood/magneto would be a strong team. Hood makes that black all the more important to be taking off the board. Go for black and you get hit by purple. Issue is on def yellow, green, blue, and red are all pretty weak on that team. Hood isn't "bad" with any team though.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Puritas wrote:
    My usual team has Hood in it, but Hood / Black Panther use the exact same colors. They do not work well together.

Are you joking? :/ BP shields hood on all 3 colors on offense
    Hood has no blue active
    BP's yellow is laughable/early game only anyways
    Bam.

Well, you would need a green/red/purple to go rainbow. There are no green red purple characters. By nature you are looking at a 5 color team. Bp/hood/magneto would be a strong team. Hood makes that black all the more important to be taking off the board. Go for black and you get hit by purple. Issue is on def yellow, green, blue, and red are all pretty weak on that team. Hood isn't "bad" with any team though.

GSBW is Red Green Purple. I was really thinking more Loki as a third. Or Daredevil (seriously). Between Loki rearranging the board and Hulk's thunderclap, board control would be obnoxious. Daredevil's red makes the Hulk slightly less dangerous to his own team when controlled by the AI and BP needs environmental tiles for strike generation. If the Hulk's thunderclap doesn't disarm the traps, it might put them in a better position.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor

like the other dude said

GSBW/BP/Hood
    bam
    BP tanks every color except purpl
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puritas wrote:

like the other dude said

GSBW/BP/Hood
    bam
    BP tanks every color except purpl

Yuck, GSBW's red is so terrible that you're basically on 5 colors anyways with that team, not to mention how she's terrible on defense whereas Hood/BP are pretty good on defense. Might as well take a character with 2 good red/green/or purple abilities instead.
  • Mm...while you guys are right... she doesn't really change anything about the team not being that great on def. I would take mag over her without even thinking in that set-up. High ap useless red, very high ap green that loses value due to bp's black to some extent, and a purple the machine cannot use worth a lick on def. She also is relatively squishy, hindering one of the best aspects of bp imo...being a decent character AND having a high health pool. Gsbw is one of the character I hope is on a team as it usually means a win without taking very much damage. On offense you have 1 good color, 2 pretty good colors, 2 okay or worse colors, and one bad color (red). Not awful, but I would like the team to not rely on getting 24 black or 12 black 10 ish green and 9(11? I always forget) purple...not when about 12-15 ap in other offensive groupings would do the same thing and be available faster. Either way, you guys are right. She is an (the) option for rainbow there. I guess I forgot she had red because it was so bad lol.

Also, with him basically being the main offense behind that team with his black, tanking everything isn't exactly a good thing on offense.
  • optimiza wrote:
    I think one simple thing they could do is keep the power the same, but make it a black CD tile (2 or 3 turns). It would also have the side effect of making Moonstone usable since she would suddenly become a viable counter. Having both of those drawbacks I think would make it fairly balanced.

It'd still be nowhere near balanced. You don't just make an ability that has 50% chance to wipe out a team and expect anything good to happen. It either is still overpowered or it forces a degenerate counter (e.g. every team probably will run Moonstone against BP if you don't have Magneto classic to overwrite that tile) because 50% chance to have your team wiped out is still too risky. Besides, a high reward high risk move doesn't belong on a character who is tied for the 2nd most HP in the game. It might make sense if he has The Hood level of HP, but he obviously does not.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moral wrote:
    I was trying to think of a third character to pair with Hulk and BP. Doom sounds great!

M Storm. She's married to Panther and she can collect all the environment tiles to power his yellow. Her Green is better than Hulk and Hulk tanks all her colours.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Moral wrote:
    I was trying to think of a third character to pair with Hulk and BP. Doom sounds great!

M Storm. She's married to Panther and she can collect all the environment tiles to power his yellow. Her Green is better than Hulk and Hulk tanks all her colours.

That'd only make sense for defense though, because normally you still want to use the environmental powers for Oasis or Thorned Rose on offense over creating a few extra strike tiles.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    ^ not married to Panther anymore
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:

We're in Dark Reign times. They don't break up for another two whole events, three if you count Siege as a separate event.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Chimaera wrote:
    Ares still has a sunder countdown tile if he dies while using it, it also does damage when it ticks down.

It amazes me that they still haven't patched this.
    Have they acknowledged this is a bug? Otherwise I actually think this is a nice unique "feature" to have, particularly if you have Ares on your side.
  • hurcules wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:
    Ares still has a sunder countdown tile if he dies while using it, it also does damage when it ticks down.

Have they acknowledged this is a bug? Otherwise I actually think this is a nice unique "feature" to have, particularly if you have Ares on your side.

Countdown tiles disappearing upon death but activating anyway? Yeah I'm gonna say that's a bug.
  • hurcules
    Celerity wrote:
    hurcules wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

Countdown tiles disappearing upon death but activating anyway? Yeah I'm gonna say that's a bug.
    What if it's a unique Ares skill?
  • It is definitely a bug. If you create a countdown yourself while Ares is dead with a sunder countdown, the sunder disappears
  • hurcules wrote:
    Are you prettending to be stupid?
    If you read his skill it state: Recovery take time, converting a basic yellow tile to a 2 turn Countdown that deals ... damage an heals him for ...
    If he is dead how the hell is he making a recovery? Have some common sense, it's an obvious bug.
  • hurcules
    Justdangit wrote:
    hurcules wrote:
    Are you prettending to be stupid?
    If you read his skill it state: Recovery take time, converting a basic yellow tile to a 2 turn Countdown that deals ... damage an heals him for ...
    If he is dead how the hell is he making a recovery? Have some common sense, it's an obvious bug.
    Chill dude. entropic01 above you answered properly. You, on the other hand, sounds like you have been sleep deprived from playing MPQ icon_lol.gif

Obviously the count down tile only heals when Ares is alive. There is nothing that says the count down tile MUST disappear if Ares dies, even though that's the norm for other characters.
  • hurcules wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

They did right as he entered the game. But not fixed ever since.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Eddiemon wrote:
    locked wrote:

We're in Dark Reign times. They don't break up for another two whole events, three if you count Siege as a separate event.
    Nah, just Dark Reign theme.
  • Too spend the money and make him a beast or not?

I do not expect a nerf as the dev's have been critical about new characters and their skills. Him with Patch and DocDoom/Loki/Spidey/Mags are all suitable. If only IM40 could charge black.
  • bronco10 wrote:
    Too spend the money and make him a beast or not?

I do not expect a nerf as the dev's have been critical about new characters and their skills. Him with Patch and DocDoom/Loki/Spidey/Mags are all suitable. If only IM40 could charge black.

He's going to be nerfed for sure. The question is do you think the devs will be slow at nerfing him or not. It's certainly worth a gamble, but I wouldn't be gambling with my HP.

IM40 can charge black too at higher level fo Recharge. If you're going to pair him with BP, you can safely drop the blue since Rage of the Panther is way better.