How do you switch between planeswalkers

Sevanyha
Sevanyha Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
I am having the worst time trying to switch from one planeswalker to another.  I managed to switch once, but can't seem to figure out how to do it again.

Comments

• span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    If you're in Story Mode, tap on the small rectangle showing which planeswalker you're currently using. If it is in an event like Training Grounds, tap on the planeswalker portrait on the top left of the screen displaying the fight objectives.

Do note that for most PvP events (basically any PvP excluding Training Grounds and some special events) you are unable to change the planeswalker assigned to a node once done so and you'll have to play with the same planeswalker for the rest of the event on that node.
  • noob_boy
    noob_boy Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I'm sorry for being such a noob, but i also have this question. I unlocked Jace and Gideon for 50 crystals each. I know that tapping in the little box at the bottom corner right before a match begins will take me to the planeswalker screen. I swipe the screen to change planeswalker but the change never "saves." As soon as i hit the back arrow to get out of the planeswalker screen and go back to the match screen the little box on the bottom corner once again has Nissa as the planeswalker of choice. It seems i am not allowed to use anybody but Nissa. Is there something im missing here or is it a game bug? Do I have to defeat all of chapter 1 with Nissa first before i am allowed to go back and replay the chapter as another planeswalker?
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    noob_boy said:
    I'm sorry for being such a noob, but i also have this question. I unlocked Jace and Gideon for 50 crystals each. I know that tapping in the little box at the bottom corner right before a match begins will take me to the planeswalker screen. I swipe the screen to change planeswalker but the change never "saves." As soon as i hit the back arrow to get out of the planeswalker screen and go back to the match screen the little box on the bottom corner once again has Nissa as the planeswalker of choice. It seems i am not allowed to use anybody but Nissa. Is there something im missing here or is it a game bug? Do I have to defeat all of chapter 1 with Nissa first before i am allowed to go back and replay the chapter as another planeswalker?
    try choose a planeswalker, choose a suitable deck
    then tap on use deck. (choosing the back arrow
    cancels your newly chosen planeswalker I think)

HH
  • noob_boy
    noob_boy Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Thank you for taking the time to respond--that helped immensely. The problem was that since i already had built a custom blue deck in the cards menu and since the custom deck icon was already lit up, i didint think i had to go and choose the deck icon at the bottom in order ot get a "use deck" button. In general i like the game, but i find it's interface is not exactly intuitive. Once again thanks a million!
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    I also find the interface takes a little 'getting used to'.

HH