Lack of life link.

Options
Urzashead
Urzashead Posts: 64 Match Maker
So tried building a green then white deck to beat 3.1 figuring the only way to keep up was life link. Zero life link option other then the 6-6 vehicle. WHITE. Seems really stupid to make a standard event harder than revolt of the consulate and take 2/3 of the cards away.  People had a hard enough time with all there cards beating that event. 

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, without knowing about your collection, I can guarantee you have at least one creature with lifelink in your collection, if you did the training chapter in story mode. Origns also offer lifelink in mono white.

On the other hand - 3.1 is to fast to outrace him with lifelink.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    war oracle is still there, or if you have sorin then
    create your own using cartouche of ambition.

HH
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Regal Caracal puts 2 lifelink creatures on the board. It's been my go-to for white LL. Also Sacred Cat and Enlightened Ascetic which Regal gives a boost too. 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    His creatures are big and grow almost every turn. You need to find a way to neutralize his dudes. Disable effects and bounce work best. Remember you need 2 spells to deal with his Sphinx and that the Sphinx token is bugged, so it goes back to his hand instead of dying if you bounce it. Cast out is the easiest way to deal with his creatures. 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    i use cats, cast out, khinghly valor, murder investigation & :) and lots of cyclings, i think it's enough for 3.1
  • Pcell777
    Pcell777 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    I use Ajani 2 for mana, cycling, and cast out.
  • klobberer
    klobberer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've done it with Dovin Baan and Tezzeret 2.0. With Dovin you need to disable their creatures. With Tezzeret you need kill spells, keep your construct alive, and get the 3rd ability active. Games usually take me 20-30 minutes to win (if the game doesn't freeze).
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Lifelink is not the solution for Temmet. Neither are sweepers unless you have the absolutely broken Wrath of God (doubt it). The reason is that he keeps growing his board, plus he uses tons of embalmers, so removal is very inefficient against him. I tried... Even disgusting combos like Starfield + IW + Hixus/Bonds were unsuccessful.
    You have two proven options (others might work but I doubt they are as reliable as these two):
    - Disable his board with stuff like Cast Out (uncommon), Suppression Bonds (rare) and Hixus (mythic rare). 
    - Combo him out with a cycling deck (New Perspectives mandatory to work fast enough) before he can setup a board and crush you.

Or combine the two... I prefer Tezz2 but Dovin cycling which employs Cast Out too is pretty popular nowadays.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    klobberer said:
    I've done it with Dovin Baan and Tezzeret 2.0. With Dovin you need to disable their creatures. With Tezzeret you need kill spells, keep your construct alive, and get the 3rd ability active. Games usually take me 20-30 minutes to win (if the game doesn't freeze).
    If you're using T2 to win with support spamming, no wonder your game freezes 15 minutes in.
  • Urzashead
    Options
    I had beat him once taking little damage. All the sudden that deck just got crushed every time. Was cycle tezz. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm generally using Dovin cycling as already mentioned here.  New Perspectives and Cast Out together are the keys to the kingdom. 

Cast Out + Cats can do it with other PW's too though. I was able to this my with Sorin "tinykitty" deck.
  • Dsagent
    Dsagent Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I have a nahiri deck with the Rare cat.
    Once it and that token gets pumped up things go crazy. 
    The issue if it dies then getting another one out is a pain.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lifelink plus cast out is all you need. I beat 3.x nodes with Sorin 80% of the time with it. 
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't have cast out but Sorin lifelink is working for me. I've also used J2 with bounce. I just got new perspectives but I don't quite have enough blue cycle cards to make it work... but it's great in Tezz 2!
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    New Perspectives works even just as a way to draw cards.  5 mana for a draw 3 is a good deal even without charging cycling. 
  • Urzashead
    Options
    I didn't know I had cast out. It's insane and all I needed to beat it
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    what i recently found works:
    grab a first/doublestrike creature.
    buff it a bit
    give it Giant Spectacle /and aerial modification

just keep picking off their creatures that way.

(i also have Hixus, and rely on that way more often than I'd like)