Predator and Prey PvP Tournament - March 3rd-5th

Comments

• Can anyone confirm that the heroic token at 300 is a predator and prey or and not a normal one? It's mostly the only thing I can about in this tourney.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ariakos wrote:
    I was a bit too hesitant and joined already. My bracket leader is already at 750pts and I'm sitting on #150 with 200 points. Although those IM40 covers do feel tempting I'm also wondering if I should just tank this tourney (and the next LRs also). My couple of best characters are at 100 and I'm seeing many groups with 141 chars. If I manage to down my 100lvl guys there's no way to compete since I still get only those high level groups. Yechhhh... good job, MMR. Hate ya. icon_evil.gif

Mmr is persistent across pvp tournaments to some extent, so tank the lrs a ton, then skip a bunch of times in this tourney to refresh your enemy list: you should see far easier opponents then!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Microtom wrote:
    Can anyone confirm that the heroic token at 300 is a predator and prey or and not a normal one? It's mostly the only thing I can about in this tourney.

I passed three hundred a couple of hours ago and for me it was indeed just a regular heroic token.
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    Can anyone confirm that the heroic token at 300 is a predator and prey or and not a normal one? It's mostly the only thing I can about in this tourney.

I passed three hundred a couple of hours ago and for me it was indeed just a regular heroic token.

Same.

EDIT: Also, Berserker Rage + Rage of the Panther + Espionage makes me soooo happy.
  • I put in a tank team after collecting about 250 points and it took awhile to get smacked at all.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    I fell down a bit after retaliations and wanted to go back up a little to be an attractive target again, but found a downside of trying to tank a tourney like this -- the skip tax. I don't want to retaliate but I don't want to pay ISO not to retaliate. I tanked a few battles, but that meant healing BP. What a pain.

Anyway, I finally got a few good matches, raised my score to 256, and then managed to get paired with level 85 OBW and 85 Thor, so I tossed out a tank team of level 50 modern Storm and IM35, plus level 15 BP. I thought with boosts and a little luck, I might survive. I did, thanks to a miracle cascade just before Thor wiped me out. Since the usual MMR pits me against all level 141 opponents, you all should have a feast.
  • Also, Puce Moose, I skipped you twice, JUST because I saw you here. icon_razz.gif

Turul hit me for 20, but I popped him back for 28. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I decided to shield for a while at 700. I doubt I'll unshield until tonight or tomorrow, if at all, as I have a healthy lead in my bracket. I'd like more ISO, but I'm going to be too attractive a target if I get much higher. Running ~45 BP / 127 Patch / 85 OBW. Feel free to engage if I come up in your queue.

Now I guess I have to put down the game until LRs start tomorrow. icon_e_sad.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's a good way to go against teams with BP/C.Storm/Thor.Whoever? I nearly got wiped out by Storm's Raging Tempest after throwing them a Molotov Cocktail.
  • kensterr wrote:
    What's a good way to go against teams with BP/C.Storm/Thor.Whoever? I nearly got wiped out by Storm's Raging Tempest after throwing them a Molotov Cocktail.

Unless the entire team is below 50% the damage from Raging Tempest should be a nonfactor. Just refrain from using Molotov if their whole team is below 50% and kill Storm first when this happens.

I think the Raging Tempest counter attack does trigger even if someone dies as long as Storm didn't die first, so you've to watch the order you've people targetted. That is if you do an AE attack that could kill Storm but Storm isn't the one in front, it'd still counter on whoever is in front of her if they took enough damage.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Got the 300 token and put in the ultimate tank team of 31 BP/10 2*Wolvie/6 Thor.

Bring on the lower MMR please
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    wathombe wrote:
    Also, Puce Moose, I skipped you twice, JUST because I saw you here. icon_razz.gif

That's very gentlemanly of you! =D That 127 Patch ensures I would have returned the favor whether or not I saw your comment. ^.^

ARRRGGH! I know everyone has been through this, but I've done it three times in a row. You see the Victory screen, where you have clipped into the next progression reward. "Yay!" you think, expecting that reward. Then you see the screen where you were attacked, and you lost *just* enough points to actually not get the reward. Angered, you use a health pack (even though a trip to a prologue mission with OBW to heal would be smarter) and dive back into the fray. I had this happen three times in a row, with my totals being 599. 596, and 594 respectively after retaliations. Then you're out of health packs, and staring glumly at the "six points under the reward and knowing you'll be 50-100+ under the tier by the time your health packs recharge." I know it was just a 500 ISO one, but I had my sights on it. Aw well. I did find a +1 all AP boost from a match, so I am not going to complain.
  • I got up to 300 an my heroic was a BLUE INVISIBLE WOMAN!!!! WOO-HOO!!!

ahem.

Anyway, sitting in third at 406 points in a nice sleepy bracket so far (I don't recognize a single name in the top 10; most are running mid-level teams though there are a few top level guys). Since it's functionally impossible to get #1 for me in a tournament that ends at noon (work), I'll aim for top 5 and my first yellow IM40 (I need all of them - mine's 1/2/0).
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    After pairing Black Panther with Hood, Hulk, Mags, Punisher, Doom, Spidey, and Patch, I finally tried out some "never seen" teams.

Daredevil, Black Panther, Modern Storm was a lot of fun to play. Seemed to fit in with the Predator and Prey theme, with Daredevil setting lots of traps while BP built up power.

I had quite a few battles where I killed off Patch / Punisher / Hulk off early, leaving Spiderman behind as an experiment to play with.

Storm would build up environment tiles to a high level, and also pull in lots of AP. BP would put 10 strike tiles on the board. Red traps would kill the characters that were actually threats. Fun.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    kensterr wrote:

Unless the entire team is below 50% the damage from Raging Tempest should be a nonfactor. Just refrain from using Molotov if their whole team is below 50% and kill Storm first when this happens.

I think the Raging Tempest counter attack does trigger even if someone dies as long as Storm didn't die first, so you've to watch the order you've people targetted. That is if you do an AE attack that could kill Storm but Storm isn't the one in front, it'd still counter on whoever is in front of her if they took enough damage.

I've had the big hit Raging Tempest trigger while someone in the opposing team was still at full health.
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    ARRRGGH! I know everyone has been through this, but I've done it three times in a row. You see the Victory screen, where you have clipped into the next progression reward. "Yay!" you think, expecting that reward. Then you see the screen where you were attacked, and you lost *just* enough points to actually not get the reward. Angered, you use a health pack (even though a trip to a prologue mission with OBW to heal would be smarter) and dive back into the fray. I had this happen three times in a row, with my totals being 599. 596, and 594 respectively after retaliations. Then you're out of health packs, and staring glumly at the "six points under the reward and knowing you'll be 50-100+ under the tier by the time your health packs recharge." I know it was just a 500 ISO one, but I had my sights on it. Aw well. I did find a +1 all AP boost from a match, so I am not going to complain.

I hate it when that happens! Hope you hit the marker when you charge back in!
  • Climbed into first quite easily. I'd stay here but meh, not going to shield.
  • My goal was jump up to 400+, tank, play late tomorrow enough to be safe to not shield but get top 45 (I won't be up when it ends..or I will be up but busy..either way). No point in aiming for anything else since have im maxed and 4 in yellow for iw (I plan to go 3/5/5...so yea..lol). The tanking is going slow. I actually was net positive after 4 attacks lol. Starting to go down now...so that is good.
  • kensterr
    Somehow my bracket's AI keep getting crazy cascades no matter the team composition and usually I'm left with one character having less than 500 hitpoints when I win. This happens 4/5 matches. ****
  • patch green skill 6 strike tile plus Black Panther Black skill = 6k damange instants team kill rofl
    seriously i met few lv141 panther... totally own my whole team once they gather enough black ap :/
  • kensterr
    DX_das wrote:
    patch green skill 6 strike tile plus Black Panther Black skill = 6k damange instants team kill rofl
    seriously i met few lv141 panther... totally own my whole team once they gather enough black ap :/

This is maxed BP black and level 141... what about non-maxed? Any danger?