Can't view opponent's roster in BP pvp

Options
kensterr
kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
There's a player roster which somehow I can't view no matter how many times I tried, at different times of the day - not sure if it's bug or do caught cheaters have their roster view disabled?

Comments

• There are some game generated bots, with names like Bacon Magic, TooManyPants, etc. Their rosters are never viewable.
  • kensterr
    Options
    And these bots are just for players to gain points from?
  • kensterr wrote:
    And these bots are just for players to gain points from?

They are called "Seed Teams". If you're lucky, you'll get 3 or 4 of them before encountering real opponents with higher rosters. It's a nice way to kick off from zero points up to 80-100 or so.
  • kensterr
    Options
    Oh, thanks for letting me know of this.
  • And these bots are just for players to gain points from?
    It's more that they're there to fight before there are other human opponents who're of about the same level as you available.
  • It might have just been because no one was playing yet, but I had a full EIGHT seed teams in this tourney before I could a real person. Was a bit crazy. I've got a pretty mid range team too, only one level 85 and rest level 50 or less.
  • Right now i have almost 200 points and i am still getting seed teams... Did i get sandboxed or is the MMR just really messed up right now?

i also think i have some mid level seed teams floating at level 20 as i cant view their roster either.
  • Pentagoon
    Pentagoon Posts: 98
    Options
    Within 30 minutes of the close of Brotherhood last night I encountered a team with a level 77 Black Panther and could not view that opponent's roster (named Batt1e_Ange1 - one of my favorite Manga series fwiw).

http://i.imgur.com/jYVbvNE.png

With being paried with IM35 and StormC - I can only assume this is one of the bot seed teams mentioned. I'm not a fan and would rather wait for real players to saturate the ecosystem OR not be charged the skip tax on matches such as this!

--Pentagoon
  • BattleAngel is a legendary bot. Just be glad she doesn't have 3 level 230s.
  • Pentagoon
    Pentagoon Posts: 98
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    BattleAngel is a legendary bot. Just be glad she doesn't have 3 level 230s.

OH HAI I AM BATT1E_ANGE1 AND I HAVE LEV 230 BLACK PANTHER, DAREDEVIL, PSYLOCKE FOR YOUR PLEASURES!!

\(o_O)/
  • I don't understand the point of having a seed team as powerful as Battle Angel - I always skip it, since I could fight any three other seed teams in the time it would take me to beat it, and anyone with a team good enough to beat it easily is also going to be experienced enough to know that skipping it is always a good idea.
  • I occasionally fight her for the fun of it. If I've used up my other seed teams first.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I don't understand the point of having a seed team as powerful as Battle Angel - I always skip it, since I could fight any three other seed teams in the time it would take me to beat it, and anyone with a team good enough to beat it easily is also going to be experienced enough to know that skipping it is always a good idea.

Actually I take that fight every time, even before skip tax but especially now. There is zero chance of a retaliation from the seed teams, so I would take the fight no matter what the levels are. Besides, for high MMR players that's still easier than any non-seed fights you're going to get.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I don't understand the point of having a seed team as powerful as Battle Angel - I always skip it, since I could fight any three other seed teams in the time it would take me to beat it, and anyone with a team good enough to beat it easily is also going to be experienced enough to know that skipping it is always a good idea.

Actually I take that fight every time, even before skip tax but especially now. There is zero chance of a retaliation from the seed teams, so I would take the fight no matter what the levels are. Besides, for high MMR players that's still easier than any non-seed fights you're going to get.

Agreed.