What to do with CP?

Options
heybub
heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
Hi,

I am a 4* transitioner (5/5/3 IMHB, 4/4/5 Peggy, 2/5/4 Nova, 5/4/2 Punisher, 1/2/5 IM, and others not as interesting), and I am wondering what to do with my CP these days.  

I usually bought a legendary token as soon as I reached 20cp, but I am getting tired of pulling characters that I don't want or dupes.  I always thought that LT were the way to go, instead of spending 120cp for a specific cover.  The thought was for 120cp, I could get 6 4* covers, with the possibility of 5*s, instead of 1 really good, specific 4* cover.  But with 50% of the 4*s not looking too great, and the chance of getting another LKPM black cover to throw away, I'm not so sure.

Right now, I see 6 decent to good 4*s in Classic Legends, plus 5*s which are all good.  With 120cp there is 98.8% chance that I will get at least 1 cover that I want.  And I have a 69% chance of getting 3 good pulls and 3 not-so-good pulls.  These numbers take into account the 5% chance of getting a favorite, as well as dupes that I don't want. 

But is pulling a Carol, Coulson, and Medusa cover worth a Punisher to go 5/5/2 or Nova to go 2/5/5?  How about a OML instead of Carol?  Is it worth it then?

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The 3 you have mentioned are worth it - especially Carol and Medusa. Also have in mind that even if you spend 120 on Pun or Nova (both very good and fun to play) you will not be getting many champion levels for them (probably like 2-3 a year). 

The pain of transition is you get covers for the ones you don't care about. Write them off as part of the game (aka 1k iso) or champion them all. I suggest you keep opening the classics so you can cover the top dogs you mentioned before they rotate out. No point waiting. 

A different story is what to do next? Do you want to champion the 4* you have? Peggy is still great but Hulkbuster was overtaken by many others on the top lists since his prime.

The new PvE test shows that softcapping might be the story of the past (finally) so you should be getting ready to make the dive (by that I mean fully operational 2* farm and all/most 3* championed).
  • heybub
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, Magic.

Magic
    said:

The 3 you have mentioned are worth it - especially Carol and Medusa. Also have in mind that even if you spend 120 on Pun or Nova (both very good and fun to play) you will not be getting many champion levels for them (probably like 2-3 a year). 

I guess at this point, I'm just trying to get 3 pretty good 4*s to max level to be my main crew, and then i would look at working on championing others.  I really want to get back into PvP (atleast somewhat, having trouble getting over 300 these days...), so a good 4* crew should help.  I was thinking Peggy, Nova, Punisher (for now), and then working on my 1/2/5 IM or 1/4/2 Rulk (Peggy/Nova/IM I think should be pretty good and cover the rainbow).  But that would take 4 covers = 480cp, and I'm not sure how strong a team that would be (Peggy/Nova/Pun).

Magic
    said:

>The pain of transition is you get covers for the ones you don't care about. Write them off as part of the game (aka 1k iso) or champion them all. I suggest you keep opening the classics so you can cover the top dogs you mentioned before they rotate out. No point waiting. 

I feel like the new system only really allows me to get half a character covered, since I don't get that many CP/LT to max any of them out. So by the time I get them 3/3/3 or so they get rotated out, and then I'm pulling a new character.  If it continues like that then I'll never get a 4* champion team.

Of the current available 4*'s I have
    2/3/1 Carol
    2/1/1 Medusa
    4/2/5 Spider-Woman
    2/5/2 Gwenpool
    2/5/2 Luke Cage
    3/2/1 Blade
    1/1/2 Coulson
    1/0/2 Riri
    1/0/1 Mordo
    0/1/0 Cloak & Dagger
    0/1/0 Venom

Ultimately what would be better, 6 more of these covers, or 1 more of Nova?  Or more realistically, 12 more of these covers, or a champion Nova?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Peggy-Nova-Punisher is pretty good. You have most colors covered and they are all fun to play with lots of punch. I prefer Iceman on that team but Peggy with her blue should do just fine. If you can get there make nova red at 5 and Peggy can stay at 3 (you need blue and yellow at 5). It is a fun team. Not great on defense but should get you higher in PvP even when they are not boosted (in most cases you only use two of them but that is another story). 

You are so far with the latest that it makes sense to finish top guys from the old guard and just rock the 4* champions. If the new scaling system in PvE stays you will do even better.
  • heybub
    Options
    Here's an update.  I finally got to 120cp and bought a Nova black cover.  One more red cover to fully cover.  I still haven't champed anybody yet...I would like another complimentary character (Iceman or Jean Grey) to give me 3 great 4*s, but having Switch with Peggy and Nova seem to work well.
  • heybub
    Options
    Another update.  Thanks to a 25cp daily, i get another 120cp, and bought the final Red Nova Cover needed.  I then champed Peggy, Nova, and Hulk Buster.

I also maxed my Star Lord to 250 (still need another purple), because he is awesome.

I then used the rest of my LT and got 2 Medusa (yay) and 2 5 stars...which I didn't have (BP and SL), which is a bummer, because the last thing I need is another 1 cover 5star....

Now the question becomes...what to do with my Iso?  I have ~2.4million, and have XFW and FalCap maxed covered.  Is it worth it to champ either of them?  I'm leaning towards waiting until I have better people to champ (Medusa, Carol, etc.).