Fix for Arlinn Kord

13»

Comments

• arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Speaking of Nissa 2 because of the energy requirement, I agree that she's probably the worst planeswalker from Kaladesh at present. It's bad enough that her abilities are all energy-dependent (can't fully remember what on top of my head), but worst of all, without Scour From Existence, monogreen has lost its only true removal. (especially true removal at lower rarity; Great Aurora is mythic, as you know)

Arlinn may have lost werewolf tribe, but at least her red color affords her some good cards to support her.

Back to the topic, I personally think that rather than fully changing her abilities so that they are not all werewolf specific, a doable fix is to have her ultimate on both sides to boost ALL your creatures instead of just werewolves. My reasoning is that because her flip-side's second ability (summon werewolf) also works in Standard if you run swarm (and let's not forget the tokens have berserker + trample, a dangerous combination, and Cartouche of Zeal also adds Haste, making it even more dangerous), so that means out of her 6 abilities, we can now use 4: Normal's 1st and 3rd, and Flip's 2nd and 3rd.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor

Believe it or not, it actually is in their best interest to make as many planeswalkers as useful as they can.

The more planeswalkers people can use, the more they will use, and the more that they use, the more cards they need to make it work.

It just feeds into the cycle of driving more demand for specific cards.

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    if you can get onto her werewolf side all of arlinn's
    abilities are usable. (beefing up your ability 2
    summoned werewolf using ability 1 is plenty
    powerful at only 3 loyalty points, even if it does not
    transform the creature.)

she'd work fine if her flip side was the default.

HH
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    [arNero] said:
    Speaking of Nissa 2 because of the energy requirement, I agree that she's probably the worst planeswalker from Kaladesh at present. It's bad enough that her abilities are all energy-dependent (can't fully remember what on top of my head), but worst of all, without Scour From Existence, monogreen has lost its only true removal. (especially true removal at lower rarity; Great Aurora is mythic, as you know)

Arlinn may have lost werewolf tribe, but at least her red color affords her some good cards to support her.

Back to the topic, I personally think that rather than fully changing her abilities so that they are not all werewolf specific, a doable fix is to have her ultimate on both sides to boost ALL your creatures instead of just werewolves. My reasoning is that because her flip-side's second ability (summon werewolf) also works in Standard if you run swarm (and let's not forget the tokens have berserker + trample, a dangerous combination, and Cartouche of Zeal also adds Haste, making it even more dangerous), so that means out of her 6 abilities, we can now use 4: Normal's 1st and 3rd, and Flip's 2nd and 3rd.
    Nissa2 is the worst planeswalker? Try Chandra2. Her +1 is strictly inferior to Koth's long term and her last two abilities don't actually function without energy. After energy leaves Standard say bye-bye to her having ANY use.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Tilwin90 said:
    Nissa2 is the worst planeswalker? Try Chandra2. Her +1 is strictly inferior to Koth's long term and her last two abilities don't actually function without energy. After energy leaves Standard say bye-bye to her having ANY use.
    Ah, ok, having rechecked their abilities again (I don't play those two girls much, so their abilities slipped my mind), I have to admit I might have overstated Nissa's problems. Her ultimate at least works on its own once KLD block goes away, but I still think her utter lack of spot removal hurts her. Chandra, on the other hand, is like Arlinn now; once KLD goes away, she has to rely on a collection of decent cards (without Unlicensed Disintegration, at that) for her to be marginally useable.

Ok, touche.
  • Avacyn
    Avacyn Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited June 2017

I doubt Arlin well get any attention. Now that Samut, the Tested has been leaked from Hour of Devastation.