Decks that are 1/2 kill spells

Options
Blorbleflorp
Blorbleflorp Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
Playing mono green, there are literally no low-rarity kill spell options now that scour from existence is out, while I go up against black decks that have no joke 5 kill spells in them. It makes playing Nissa impossible in every way, when every creature you play gets blown up, and you have to watch as you are pecked away by 2/2 creatures, eventually just quitting the game. Can you limit decks to 2 kill spells maximum so I can play green (and basically all my decks that are actually fun to play) again? Another good solution would be to allow Nissa to run an additional color so she isn't completely useless. 

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Green should have had a kill spell of its own in Prey Upon, but they've been ignoring it. 

Additionally, green usually excels at having hexproof creatures, but that's also been cut from this game. Bristling Hydra should have gotten hexproof on overload. Blossoming Defenses should grant hexproof till your next turn. Scaled Behemoth and Hapatra's Mask both aren't even in the game (yet?)

So, this is just more of them not properly implementing game mechanics
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    More Green token builders or embalm cards could counter this too. Green has good support destruction to stave off the white disable that's taking raw destruction's place this cycle. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5 kill spells thanks to the introduction of standard! Creatureless Ob Nixilis isn't what it once was. Most low budget kill spells won't be a problem any more.
  • Blorbleflorp
    Blorbleflorp Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    More Green token builders or embalm cards could counter this too. Green has good support destruction to stave off the white disable that's taking raw destruction's place this cycle. 
    I employ support destruction as well as the new Worm Convergence card, and it's still impossible to keep up. Green needs some way to fight creatures directly, outside of combat.
    5 kill spells thanks to the introduction of standard! Creatureless Ob Nixilis isn't what it once was. Most low budget kill spells won't be a problem any more.
    Not so. Black, red, and white now have oodles of kill potential. Final reward and the black cartouche partner, plus the 3+ from origins. That's all they need to hold you down. I think they should just straight up give everybody Beast Within, since splashing is impossible in this game. Nobody in their right mind plays mono green competitively since like m11.